Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday's Feast of Rugby for Armchair Viewer!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I am pie wrote: »
    A rest? Dont see the English not selecting a full strength team bar lions?.

I know you don't. The likes of Goode, Robshaw, Barrit, Lawes and more all rested.

Also England don't have a Rugby Championship to play at the end of the summer, their players can take a break after this, the Argentinians can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I am pie wrote: »
    A rest? Dont see the English not selecting a full strength team bar lions? Really backward thinking from the UAR, this should be a test for the championship. They gain nothing from getting mauled (twice, probably) by England here, smashes morale. Contemponi is already having harsh words in spanish with some of the other pumas. Basically saying "idiot, how do you not understand what i am telling you, get over there...idiot" thats the pg version!

Also, i am not impressed that I am going to the next test expecting another walkover in two weeks time. Uncompetitive matches are a grim spectacle.

The European based players like Lobbe need a rest, otherwise they'll be playing nearly all year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

The Argies don't have the squad to tour and play the rugby championship. They need to rest their european based players so they are reasonably fresh for the rugby championship.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,152 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

decisions wrote: »
    The Argies don't have the squad to tour and play the rugby championship. They need to rest their european based players so they are reasonably fresh for the rugby championship.

Just glad to see contepomi play again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

36 is a real classy player, would have added a nice dynamic to the Lions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I hope I never have to play against Courtney Lawes. He hits so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I hope I never have to play against Courtney Lawes. He hits so hard.

Absolutely brilliant to watch. Someone that big has no right to get so low and drive through so well, so quickly. He just hurts people.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Buer wrote: »
    Absolutely brilliant to watch. Someone that big has no right to get so low and drive through so well, so quickly. He just hurts people.

You don't get to see much of him - he spends most of his time in the sin bin or with the citing commissioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Billy V looks like a man playing against U-4's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Argentina have a deal with the clubs where the players can only play for a certain amount of internationals so they reserve there best English/French based players for the RC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

It just highlights the lunacy of having them playing in the SH championship when all their players are based in Europe. It was a terrible idea.

Ah, come on. For years the NH bitched about Argentina having no meaningful competition, then finally when the 3N lets the Argies in, it's a terrible idea?! I assume you're not offering to let them join the 6N?

There's no professional rugby comp in Argentina, as far as I'm aware, so to earn a living they largely headed to France.

I'm anticipating they might be better accommodated once the SXV comp is renegotiated post 2015.

At the end of the day, I think they'd rather put on a good show for the 4N, then front up against a Lions-depleted England when all eyes are on Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Just to whet the appetite for another feast this weekend:

5.40am - Japan vs Wales on S4C
    8.00am - NZ vs France on Sky Sports 2
    10.30am - NSW Waratahs vs Lions on Sky Sports 2
    13.30pm - Italy vs Samoa on Sky Sports 2
    16.00 pm - S. Africa vs Scotland on Sky Sports 3
    19.30 pm - Argentina vs England on BBC2
    12.50 am (Sun) Canada vs Ireland on TG4

Add in RWC Junior Championship semis (can't find exact listings) and plenty to enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Add in RWC Junior Championship semis (can't find exact listings) and plenty to enjoy!

Jesus not again! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Jernal wrote: »
    Jesus not again! :o

And 'I've got you babe' will be playing on the radio when I wake up on Saturday morning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The RWC Junior Semi's are on the 18th so not on the weekend.

TG4 had an ad on the weekend saying the Canada Ireland game was on Saturday at 24.50...........Da ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

CatFromHue wrote: »

TG4 had an ad on the weekend saying the Canada Ireland game was on Saturday at 24.50...........Da ****!

Canada v Ireland Canada v Ireland (Kick-off 1.00am).
    Read more at http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=158969200#8TTSIudEF1FGRHBY.99

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

CatFromHue wrote: »

I don't speak enough Irish to know if that's the correct way we Irish say the time in Irish or not.:o

Japan 6 - 3 up on wales at half time.

I hope my five game accumulator isn't fecked after the first one ;)

Cmon wales....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Japan are playing as if on a divine wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Japan 20 - 8 Wales after 70 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Game over Japan win 23-8, great stuff from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Holy sh*t. Great stuff.

Well feck that anyway...great for japan, totally deserved. wales were simply hit hard fast and often

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Well feck that anyway...great for japan, totally deserved. wales were simply hit hard fast and often

I feel your pain on the bet syd...nothing worse than losing an accumulator on the first bet.

mfceiling wrote: »
    I feel your pain on the bet syd...nothing worse than losing an accumulator on the first bet.

Ah I dont mind, nothing major. I'm guesting it won't be the only upset today actually. I think samoa might be 10 points better than italy later so might try to make it back on that one.

If luke donald wins the open il be a very happy man though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Historic win for Japan? have they ever beaten a tier 1 side?

Either way fair play to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Burgo wrote: »
    Historic win for Japan? have they ever beaten a tier 1 side?

Either way fair play to them!

delighted for them - they always play the game in the right way - great for rugby over ther

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Italy looking sturdy. Really going for it and taking none of that bish bosh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Great try for Samoa...Italy, you break my heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That hooker has been mad for a try all day, he'll get there!

Advertisement