Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leprosy recorded in Ireland for the first time in decades - Irish Examiner

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

woodoo wrote: »
    Africa is riddled with Aids. Some countries have populations where up to 25% have Aids. What the hell is going on there?

Crazy traditions
    There is also the practice of communal breast-feeding a single baby by numerous women, common in many tightly knit villages. In a country like Cameroon, where more than 5 percent of the population and 11 percent of pregnant women are infected with H.I.V.
    In much of rural Cameroon, tiny scars are made to identify members of different ethnic groups, with large numbers of children scarred simultaneously.
    If just one child in a village had H.I.V., a common blade could spread the virus to dozens who come after him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/21/world/africa/21cameroon.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Africa is riddled with Aids. Some countries have populations where up to 25% have Aids. What the hell is going on there?

Riding. Lots of riding

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Rugged Island is a leper colony.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

Your will be called racist for stating the obvious.

This man told Polish girls it would be racist to ask him to wear a condom.

Why did he wish to spread AIDS to Polish girls?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Didn't John Paul II tell African Catholics to not use condoms?I can't imagine that helped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

tiger55 wrote: »
    Your will be called racist for stating the obvious.

This man told Polish girls it would be racist to ask him to wear a condom.

Why did he wish to spread AIDS to Polish girls?:mad:

Because he was a nut?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Leprosy .....I'm not half the man I used to be......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

They have some sexual practices that don't help.
    Barking: They use bark and herbs in some traditions, inserted into the vagina that cuts both people. HIV is not easily transmitted in regular heterosexual activity
    Prostitution: Lots of people are in prostitution
    Condoms: They are both frowned upon culturally and hard to keep in the climate and lack of modern storage.

Leprosy has never left Ireland. They actually only closed down the clinic in the last 10 years it treated about 10 people. This is the first NEW case in decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    They have some sexual practices that don't help.
    Barking: They use bark and herbs in some traditions, inserted into the vagina that cuts both people. HIV is not easily transmitted in regular heterosexual activity

While little would surprise me in regards to sexual practices, on principle I have to ask for a source for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Nodin wrote: »
    While little would surprise me in regards to sexual practices, on principle I have to ask for a source for that.
    http://www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1019:dry-tight-and-warm-dry-sex-practices-in-central-and-southern-africa-&catid=59:gender-issues-discussion-papers&Itemid=267

Big into their dry sex

• Advertisement
Advertisement