Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus 1.4, Corolla 1.4..or

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

carzony wrote: »
    suppose it's a matter of opinion, I thought my civic was great on petrol and I have a mate who has an automatic one and he says his is decent on petrol aswell..
    it probably is a matter of opinion but I don't know many people who would class 300-320 as being good miles to a tank of fuel, however maybe yourself and your mate are getting more than that even though I struggle to see how. What engine is in your mates Civic?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    it probably is a matter of opinion but I don't know many people who would class 300-320 as being good miles to a tank of fuel, however maybe yourself and your mate are getting more than that even though I struggle to see how. What engine is in your mates Civic?

I'd have to agree with JohnBoy here.

While I understand some find the Corolla uninspiring its certainly a cheap to run car from my own experience. 40mpg all day long over very mixed driving, I don't think I ever got lower than 400miles out of a tank.

The running costs were very cheap apart from that. The ride and handling however was boring at best but it was great as an A to B car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Great at drinking petrol ;)

By making that statement I assume you had one?

Advertisement