Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting down a tree

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'm picturing something out of a disney movie now!

Are you calling me a Dumbo? :(:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Paging James Forde

James Forde to After Hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    In my locality there was a huge tree. One winters day it fell and killed someone. Then miraculously it was cut down very soon after.

Typically Irish.

How and why would you cut down a tree that has already fallen over? Or is the root of your problem that you are bark-ing mad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

tin79 wrote: »
    How and why would you cut down a tree that has already fallen over? Or is the root of your problem that you are bark-ing mad?

I think that's why he said it was miraculous. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Termites.

no. use THERMITE.... Then we can have all sorts of conspiracy theouies around whether or not the gubberment knew about it and planned it all along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I like the sound of birds singing in the morning apart from one type

that sounds like a fcuking machine gun:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

Perhaps a magpie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

I am not even your neighbor and even I feel the need to protect that tree.

If birds chirping is waking you up, it only means your body doesn't need sleep that badly. I was up almost all night last night (flu) and there were birds chirping all around the house and there are no trees here - they were chatting away from the roof / chimney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

You'll need to contact the relevant authority op, there's a bunch of very old tall trees that act as a boundary between my street and the privately owned land opposite us and as a result the front of the house is always in the shade (the back is gloriously bright) . As much as I like them it does get on my goat that I can't do anything about them and because they are so high they are always a concern in bad weather. Few years ago I went in search of answers and contacted the land owners and they were quick to let me know they are all protected and can't be touched. I'm hardly surprised but they do actually employ caretakers who maintain the trees and make sure they are safe and every couple of years de-branch a few that over look public roads around the area.

(I actually like the bird song and leafyness of the area otherwise)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ah, OP, would you not make sure to give it a nice drink of water every day? Just be sure, whatever you do, NOT to put a load of salt in the watering can too.
    positron wrote: »
    If birds chirping is waking you up, it only means your body doesn't need sleep that badly. I was up almost all night last night (flu) and there were birds chirping all around the house and there are no trees here - they were chatting away from the roof / chimney.
    It could just mean that they're noisy little feckers. Before I took down the tree in my garden sparrows used to have me up from about 05:30 with their CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP, and I sure as hell wasn't done sleeping. If you couldn't be woken by noise unless you'd had enough sleep then alarm clocks, fire alarms, and the like, would be useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Ah leave the tree alone! What species is it? I know you said deciduous but like Birch, Beech, Oak, Sycamore? Ya can't cut down an oak!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Ah leave the tree alone! What species is it? I know you said deciduous but like Birch, Beech, Oak, Sycamore? Ya can't cut down an oak!

Some sort of manky crossbreed that drips sap,probably poisonous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

How'd getting married stop you?

"Cut down a tree" is a euphemism for "go out and bang some young wan".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

leave it be if you get evicted you can sleep in the tree

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lisademps

Well it has those helicopter leaves so that would make it a Maple tree?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

lisademps wrote: »

They're big tuckers,you'll be highly unpopular with you're neighbours "if"you do get it cut down I suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a tree cut down? There is one on my road, it's big enough so there's always a shade on the front of the house, never mind the noise of the birds at 5am every morning! Add to that, it has some sort of sap that falls in little drops on the cars around. My car is in the drive and is covered in it. Anybody know if the council would just laugh at my reasons?

Jaysus, things have gone downhill for the poor oul' smelly crusties ever since they un-"occupied" Dame St.

Just tell him to get ta fuck outta your tree

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

How about putting that fu@ki' bully of a tomcat up your tree and torching the pair of them.

Thats two threads closed for the price of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    In my locality there was a huge tree. One winters day it fell and killed someone. Then miraculously it was cut down very soon after.

Interesting.

OP, murder your neighbours and frame the tree

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

A Sycamore, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Cut it down ,
    Trees are stupid anyway ... I mean what have they ever done for us ... (Deep breath).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Here you go, quick and easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

But they're earth's lungs man!

Advertisement