Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People not looking where they are going.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Why were you jogging on "one of the busiest roads in town"? I guess no one could admire your glutes otherwise

Yeah that's exactly it. It isn't anything to do with the fact it's part of my set route. Besides, I said I was running alongside the road. Hence my anger at the two women hogging the footpath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Im the same way. I cant walk in a straight line without some ignorant fcuker walking into me.

I was in town last week and saw a blind man walking to the bus station. He often gets the same bus as me, thats how I know he was going to the bus station, I wasnt stalking him. I followed him and his dog thinking people would move out of the way for him and for me and most of them did. There was this real cnut that kept his head down, stuck in his phone. He almost walked straight into the blind man, barely moved. Its people like him that should have their eyes removed and go around blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

There also seems to be a huge increase of people, especially women walking with their heads down using a smart phone, they then walk into everyone !!! Its sooooo bloody annoying.

6ft4, 15st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Must be one of these close knit urban communities I've been warned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I swear that there are people who get a kick out of getting other people to move out of their way. Like some sort of mini power play thing.

There are a couple of people in work and if I see them down the corridor against me, I will move to one side. As we approach, I notice them see me and move to my side, pretty much forcing me to move to the other side for them. Once I copped this, I started sticking to the same side and pretending they aren't there.

It's little more than mildly irritating, but if people appear to go out of their way to be rude for no reason, I'm too stubborn to let them get away with it. But maybe it's all in my head and I need help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Inbox wrote: »
    If a group are blocking the path because they have stopped to look at something , I usually walk up and say public path and they usually cop on then and make room.

You mean public in the sense that they have the right to stand where the f*ck they want on it also? Or is it only public for your use?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I've been saying for years there needs to be lanes on footpaths. Not that they work particularly well on the roads, but it might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

god this country is a crap kip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I've been saying for years there needs to be lanes on footpaths. Not that they work particularly well on the roads, but it might help.

Agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Well...it is and it isn't. I remember something trialled in a uk town a few years ago where they made it an offence to clog up the footpath with all of the above. Never heard anything after but i'd say it was unworkable.
    To be honest, i have experienced this nonsense all over the world. Well, in cities at least.
    People are twats and you just have to keep that in mind when around them.
    And if my co workers tried that crap out on me they would get a swift shoulder to the...um...shoulder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Um... yeh.

But anyway, people who walk backwards in a busy area, knowing there are people behind them and just expecting them to dart out of their way, will be first against the wall when I am king.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Um... yeh.

But anyway, people who walk backwards in a busy area, knowing there are people behind them and just expecting them to dart out of their way, will be first against the wall when I am king.

Against the wall for what purpose? A bumming? And surely its queen?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Chucken wrote: »
    "So I was running for my bus today up Burlington Plaza"

Is this relevant to the story?
    Plus where the hell is Burlington Plaza?Does the OP realise not everyone reading this is living in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

darkdubh wrote: »
    Plus where the hell is Burlington Plaza?Does the OP realise not everyone reading this is living in Dublin?

But your username is 'Dark Dub H'? :pac:

Advertisement