Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson's "Daughter", Paris

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I'm still waiting to see your mnemonic though?

Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain, for rainbow so perhaps:

Marimbas
    Juggle
    Dreamy
    Antagonists
    Since
    Marked
    Services
    Analyze
    Huge
    Trees

for 'Michael Jackson's daughter attempts suicide must start after hours thread'

I have to admire your perseverance - I meant mnemonic in the adjectival sense, of course.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/mnemonic?q=mnemonic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

byronbay2 wrote: »
    I have to admire your perseverance

Something tells me that this is your way of calling some poor soul a b o double l o c k s.

Shhhhhhhhlllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppp uimhir a do.

If the papers were reporting today of another teenage girl, in Ireland, who had been the victim of online bullying and nasty comments so much so that she felt the only option was to take her own life, would your responses here be the same?

Seriously, step away from your computers and go hug your sister or niece or schoolmate. Paris is only a teenage girl and doesn't deserves this sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I feel so bad for those kids. Growing up in a media sh*tstorm with people questioning their parentage, accusing their father of being a pedophile and a whole heap of other never-ending bullsh*t. It's no wonder that girl attempted suicide. It's unbelievable scrutiny and pressure to be putting on a kid. It must be very easy to feel a bit lost in all of that.

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Am I to take it that the denizens of this rather fine sub-forum are expected to be of inferior loquacity than the good burghers (and, indeed, hot-dhogs) of other, competing beards.ie sub-phylla? But like the Oglarooinans of legend, we have no way of telling from here whether such places are capable of supporting life as we know it at all, at all! :D

Don't be putting fancy words in my mouth! Lets just say that AH seems to produce a more eccentric and creative poster than most of the other sub-forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

she came from a freak show, shes gonna end up in one no doubt about it.what she needs is about 9 months in a Magdalene laundry.that would sort her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Candie wrote: »
    If she was his biologically or his by adoption, she's still his daughter - not his 'daughter'.

When I read the thread title I though OP was trying to insinuate she's an unconvincing transvestite or some such, but then it was like she might be ADOPTED!!! In this day and age! Fcukin hell I need a lie down after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

I know quite a few mixed-race people with pale skin and blue eyes. It's not as rare as you'd think.
    Is this not extremely rare?

My understanding is that the child in question would have to have two recessive genes for blue eyes; if the child has just one brown eyed or dominant gene then the child will have brown eyes. It would have to be a third generation mixed race child or something, at the least, and even then it's unusual.

I have no interest in prying into Paris Hilton's 'lineage' by the way, just curious about the genetics involved.

Is this not extremely rare?

My understanding is that the child in question would have to have two recessive genes for blue eyes; if the child has just one brown eyed or dominant gene then the child will have brown eyes. It would have to be a third generation mixed race child or something, at the least, and even then it's unusual.

I have no interest in prying into Paris Hilton's 'lineage' by the way, just curious about the genetics involved.

Not sure about the biology of it, but I have loads of cousins with blue eyes even though one of their parents (and both grandparents on that side) had brown eyes. I always thought if one parent had blue eyes, it was possible. Also, a lot of 'black' people are actually mixed with quite a bit of white.

I don't know how rare it is. For the kid to actually have blue eyes is probably pretty rare, but I know loads and loads of mixed kids who look white. I saw Shane Lynch with his little girl in England a while back (she has a black mum) and she looked like a typical Irish girl. Never would have guessed she was mixed if I hadn't known.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

crazygeryy wrote: »
    she came from a freak show, shes gonna end up in one no doubt about it.what she needs is about 9 months in a Magdalene laundry.that would sort her out.

Wut?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Huh. And if she wasn't, then what... 'oh nothing I just wanted to know'. No way of really being sure anyway... I love these threads, they really go places. The much more interesting question is why the op wants to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Don't be putting fancy words in my mouth! Lets just say that AH seems to produce a more eccentric and creative poster than most of the other sub-forums.

Yeah. It strikes me as the corner where the Real Posters hang out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Not sure about the biology of it, but I have loads of cousins with blue eyes even though one of their parents (and both grandparents on that side) had brown eyes. I always thought if one parent had blue eyes, it was possible. Also, a lot of 'black' people are actually mixed with quite a bit of white...

Mr. Carlin explains it perfectly here:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Not sure about the biology of it, but I have loads of cousins with blue eyes even though one of their parents (and both grandparents on that side) had brown eyes. I always thought if one parent had blue eyes, it was possible. Also, a lot of 'black' people are actually mixed with quite a bit of white.

I don't know how rare it is. For the kid to actually have blue eyes is probably pretty rare, but I know loads and loads of mixed kids who look white. I saw Shane Lynch with his little girl in England a while back (she has a black mum) and she looked like a typical Irish girl. Never would have guessed she was mixed if I hadn't known.
    My son has blue eyes even though his father has brown eyes.
    My OH's cousins are mixed race, and one of their kids has pale skin, blue eyes but "black" facial features.

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Huh. And if she wasn't, then what... 'oh nothing I just wanted to know'. No way of really being sure anyway... I love these threads, they really go places. The much more interesting question is why the op wants to know.

Oh nothing, I just wanted to know.

I think it is time to rephrase my original query to avoid ambiguity:

1) Did MJ claim that he was the biological father of his children or not?

2)If he claimed the children were biologically his, is this generally believed to be true or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Whether he wanted to accept it or not, Michael Jackson was a black man; Paris looks completely Caucasian, as does her older brother, Prince, as far as I recall.

I'm darker than Michael Jackson ever was and both of my biological daughters look caucasian (my oldest was actuall born blond and stayed blond until she was about 10 years old, now her hair is a very light brown (if she hasn’t dyed it red or some other colour)

The only time one might suspect that they have a dark-skinned mother is when they tan in summer, they generally get a darker tan than their friends, but even then they are far from black, so the skin colour isn't really proof of them not being his kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

From that despicable (and if you don't think so watch Michael Jackson ~ The Footage You Were Never Meant To See (With Martin Bashir) HD

)

documentary, Living with Michael Jackson

Bashir: "So Blanket's mother is black. But blanket is so light?"

Jackson: "Black people were called coloured people because we come in all
    colours from very white - as white as my hand - to very dark, as dark as your
    shirt."
    "My father has blue eyes. And when they see Paris, they always say Debbie but
    that could be my father's genes, you know ..."

Advertisement