Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Government Tracking all Verizon Phone Calls

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Seachmall wrote: »
    A broken cock is right twice a day.

That's not a typo.

:D !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Well it's finally out in the open. US has confirmed that the NSA court ordered Verizon to hand over all user data from phone usage.

Did we all know this was happening all along? Or was it just so-called conspiracy theorists who were banging the drum?

Is it too late for citizens to fight back against these Orwellian measures, or are we on an inevitable road to being tracked 24/7? I'm thinking Google glasses etc, the erosion of Civil Liberties across the world, increasingly sophisticated technology etc.

Or are you happy to be tracked because it protects us from the boogey men?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/nsa-phone-records-verizon-court-order
    I doubt they actually can or want to track "EVERYONE" in much the same way as workplaces don't actually physicially look into everyones work email and internet traffic.
    There are certain red flags set and at the end of the day people who decide what is and isnt relevant - I would think.

Those who have nothing to worry about, generally have nothing to worry about.

Anyone who is surprised about this "revelation" either hasn't been around long enough or has no understanding of technology.

Advertisement