Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Wan (not from Waterford but from Dublin) makes it big!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

bumper234 wrote: »
    Ok not sure where you are going with this? Something happened 74 years ago and?????? Be more specific...which invasion are you talking about? What has this to do with the systematic apartheid that is forced upon the Palestinian people?:confused:

That is when German troops marched into (some would say attacked) the Sudetenland in order to liberate the overly oppressed German speaking inhabitants of Czechoslovakia, with the consecration of the international community. I think it is a pretty good parallel to what we are debating.

(And tomorrow when I again get a chance to chat with Wild Bill Guarnere at the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum’s World War II Weekend, I can’t wait to tell him modern thinking now contends that everything he went through all started because of some little misunderstanding. Knowing Bill, somehow I don’t think his response will be very family friendly. :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Amerika wrote: »
    That is when American troops marched into (some would say attacked) IRAQ in order to liberate the overly oppressed IRAQI speaking inhabitants of IRAQ, with the consecration of the international community. I think it is a pretty good parallel to what we are debating.

DUCWIDT?

(And tomorrow when I again get a chance to chat with Wild Bill Guarnere at the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum’s World War II Weekend, I can’t wait to tell him modern thinking now contends that everything he went through all started because of some little misunderstanding. Knowing Bill, somehow I don’t think his response will be very family friendly. :))

My great grandfather fought in WW1 and got mustard gas on the lungs. He then went on to fight in WW2 and lost both legs to a mine My Grandfather also fought in WW2 and was wounded twice so please don't come the whole vets will be so upset routine. This is all about you wrongly accusing her by saying "Remember the comment that we should attack Israel to create a Palestine state? Do you think those represent the hearts and minds of Americans?". and then you went off on a tangent stating that an invasion of Scotland blah blah blah.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They said on RTE last night that she has been quoted as saying she spent hours and hours in front of the mirror trying to get rid of her Irish Accent when she moved to Amerikay !

Nice woman.

DUCWIDT?

Yup... you described an attack. ;)

Yup... you described an attack. ;)

Yup,

Not a hypothetical one like yours either;)

• Advertisement

Yup,

Not a hypothetical one like yours either;)

German troops marching into the Sudetenland is hypothetical? Ya’ll must have some interesting history books over there. :pac:

German troops marching into the Sudetenland is hypothetical? Ya’ll must have some interesting history books over there. :pac:

Over where? And i was referring to your silly hypothetical attack of Scotland. Please try to keep up:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

vicwatson wrote: »
    They said on RTE last night that she has been quoted as saying she spent hours and hours in front of the mirror trying to get rid of her Irish Accent when she moved to Amerikay !

Nice woman.

She was aged 9 years old. At the same time, I was still getting flack for having a mild American accent.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

The "dark side" asks of you, in a non-howling manner... What qualfies her for the top postion of US Ambassador to the UN?

"rinky-dink do-gooder stuff,"

That is until she wanted a piece of the action and pushed for bombing Libya. She has blood on her hands. I personally feel no pride in sharing a birthplace with her; only mild shame

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The "dark side" asks of you, in a non-howling manner... What qualfies her for the top postion of US Ambassador to the UN?
    She's Irish, the Irish race is ambassadorial to the frickin' world. You can't cross 2 borders these days without tripping over a Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭yara

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Still I'm very proud anyway even if she isnt from Dublin...

what are you proud of exactly? that an irish born bint could now be the one spying on all un officials or the likes???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spying_on_United_Nations_leaders_by_United_States_diplomats

your pride would be wiser given to more worthy people

Amazing how so many have expressed shock that a US government official may be partially responsible for killing terrorists/innocents/non combatants and also could potentially be party to maybe spying on other UN people. They have been doing it to their own citizens for years now so why be shocked if they are doing it to everyone else.

PS she was born in Dublin but moved to the states at a very young so is for all intents and purpose American.

yara wrote: »
    what are you proud of exactly? that an irish born bint could now be the one spying on all un officials or the likes???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spying_on_United_Nations_leaders_by_United_States_diplomats

your pride would be wiser given to more worthy people

Such hatred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭yara

old hippy wrote: »
    Such hatred

well she'd have to be to get where she is today, no more than that dude with the Roscommon connections that was being put in as head of CIA after the last guy got thrown out of the loop

they're all a pack of bastards on the obama administration end of!!

and don't get me started about susan rice!!

yara wrote: »
    well she'd have to be to get where she is today, no more than that dude with the Roscommon connections that was being put in as head of CIA after the last guy got thrown out of the loop

they're all a pack of bastards on the obama administration end of!!

and don't get me started about susan rice!!

Insightful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Insightful stuff.

No insight is required to see they are.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Isn't this the same woman who called Hillary Clinton a monster?

Isn't this the same woman who called Hillary Clinton a monster?

Yup (I guess Power does have some redeeming qualities ;)). And she had to resign from the Obama campaign because of it.

The Hill is reporting today that Democrats are now transitioning from B Obama to H Clinton in anticipation of the 2016 election. Wonder if Hillary will campaign on platform that “she’s not Obama?” It worked for Obama regarding GW Bush. And if Hillary does get the top spot, I guess Power is only looking at about 3 years max in the job if confirmed... before being considered for the post of Ambassador to Libya that is. :eek:

theUbiq wrote: »
    No insight is required to see they are.

:D

I'd rather them than the shower before. Democrats may not be everyone's cuppa but they have restored a lot of faith in the US that Bush and his cronies destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

I'd rather them than the shower before. Democrats may not be everyone's cuppa but they have restored a lot of faith in the US that Bush and his cronies destroyed.

Not on this side of the pond they haven't. Even the obamabots are fed up.

• Advertisement

Not on this side of the pond they haven't. Even the obamabots are fed up.

Is that why he's on his second term?

Advertisement