Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

272 people

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Life isn't fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Just found ours tonight while clearing out a kitchen drawer.

Missus must have got it on the sly without me knowing........i'll probably burn it in some kind of protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Dante

Rabble rabble 800 years rabble rabble

• Registered Users Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Two wrongs wouldn't make a right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

We should start a communist revolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I only ever put the tele on to keep the dog entertained.. and I have to pay a licence fee for that fcuker too.

The only good revolution is a circular revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Not one banker in a prison cell tonight

They probably paid their TV licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Err no, we should persue corrupt white-collar criminals with the same determination and unwavering cnutishness that they apply when prosecuting single mothers for having no TV licence. If you're going to go all out to get one "evader", go get the others with the same drive - don't have double standards. Double standards are crap. The State have a lot of double standards.

Although, white-collar criminals are clever - usually they can spin it so that the Jury has no idea what is being discussed and what wrong has been done. If you introduce a Judge only Court to deal with this, the Judge won't understand, and if you introduce a panel of experts to decide, half the experts will be on the same fiddle in the first place so won't convict/bring cases...

Molly needs to find a better excuse for not paying her TV licence and some legal loophole to get off on. Jasus, my head hurts..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Doubt there's any TV license non payers in jail tonight either. Few hours at most they get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

Jailed for not having a tv license.

You sure about that? You sure they weren't jailed for not paying a court fine?

Err no, we should persue corrupt white-collar criminals with the same determination and unwavering cnutishness that they apply when prosecuting single mothers for having no TV licence. If you're going to go all out to get one "evader", go get the others with the same drive - don't have double standards. Double standards are crap. The State have a lot of double standards.

You have to be wholeheartedly determined to get prosecuted for no TV lincence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Over 11000 brought to court.
    Not one banker in a prison cell tonight and Google and all the big players barely pay any tax.

But we must screw the ****ers who dont pay to watch Pat kenny etc etc

Country is a joke.

http://news.ie.msn.com/business/almost-11500-people-in-court-for-not-paying-tv-licence-1

I wish people would quit using the lazy banker argument. 'Joe, <insert thing that happened> but the bankers aren't in jail!!!!', rabble rabble. Bankers behaviour wasn't a joke in the good times in fact that kind of greed was championed. Greed and huge pay packets was only vilified when they failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ArseLtd

Over 11000 brought to court.
    Not one banker in a prison cell tonight and Google and all the big players barely pay any tax.

But we must screw the ****ers who dont pay to watch Pat kenny etc etc

Country is a joke.

http://news.ie.msn.com/business/almost-11500-people-in-court-for-not-paying-tv-licence-1

You'll start believing "conspiracy theorists" soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

SB2013 wrote: »

The link says jailed for not having a licence but it is almost certainly incorrect. Thousands are jailed every year for not paying fines, including fines for not have a TV licence.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/more-jailed-for-not-paying-fines-29252389.html

There is legislation which is waiting to be activated which will allow the courts to recover unpaid fines from wages, Social Welfare etc. The sooner this is done the better in the interest of the law abiding majority who pay for everything and to stop the prison system being clogged up with people spending a few hours inside for not paying their fines.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2010/en/act/pub/0008/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

But according to some of the folks on here you get to watch all the tv you want in prison, so they're really winning in the long run. Well played.

There is legislation which is waiting to be activated which will allow the courts to recover unpaid fines from wages, Social Welfare etc. The sooner this is done the better in the interest of the law abiding majority who pay for everything

jaysus you never fail to show up in a tax thread. You're like Zacchaeus

jaysus you never fail to show up in a tax thread. You're like Zacchaeus

What has the Bible got to say on the issue of TV licences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭seanm92

In one breath you say there should be no double standards and yet you specifically refer to them pursuing single mothers, be it a single mother or anyone else who doesn't pay their licence or breaks the law in another way, they should fully expect to be prosecuted, it is the law after all, regardless of whether you agree with it or otherwise, I don't get this outrage, just bloody pay it or shut up complaining about being prosecuted.

You're the one showing double standards if anything, what i the difference between a single mother or anyone else for that matter? If you don't pay, you shouldnt be so surprised when it eventually catches up with you, tough Shit!

What has the Bible got to say on the issue of TV licences?

"And he left them and went out of the city, into Bethany, and he lodged there"

Yeah, think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

The revolution will not be televised.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

Allyall wrote: »
    What do you reckon should be done about it?

Everyone should be treated the same.if you Havnt paid your tv license then you should get locked up.

If you managed to fiddle your accounts in the bank to make it look like your bank is run well but its not and you get caught you should be locked up too.

As Far as im concerned that is fraud and as far as i know that is an offence punishable by a prison term.

Life isn't fair.

Its more than fair if your a banker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭mcwinning

I really don't have a problem with companies like Google, Intel, Pfizer etc paying little to no tax as long as they are in the country employing thousands of people on good money.

Rabble rabble 800 years rabble rabble

Not once did i mention 800 year or the word rabble so i do not know what you are talking about

dsmythy wrote: »
    Doubt there's any TV license non payers in jail tonight either. Few hours at most they get.

Thats not the point. They were brought to prison none of the other cnuts were

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Charge Google / Big Players high corp tax.

Google / Big Players leave.

People then complain that government isn't doing enough to get or keep big companies in the country to stop thousands of people being laid off.

SB2013 wrote: »

Yes they probably were jailed for not paying the fine that was given to them for not paying their tv license.

Everyone should be treated the same.if you Havnt paid your tv license then you should get locked up.

If you managed to fiddle your accounts in the bank to make it look like your bank is run well but its not and you get caught you should be locked up too.

As Far as im concerned that is fraud and as far as i know that is an offence punishable by a prison term.

You cannot be jailed for not having a TV licence, you can only be fined.

Penalties

Conviction for non-payment of a television licence (first offence) is a fine of up to €1,000.

If you are convicted a second time or more for not paying your television licence, you will be fined up to €2,000.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

online?

Advertisement