Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing Results & Offers 2013.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Are we included in 2nd round offers and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 balloman

they were both high scoring areas but u are in for other offers so good luck and hopefully it all works out think next in august

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

PucaMama wrote: »
    I applied for gen nurseing midwife and gen and children combined in ucd

The lowest of those was general at 559. You might get something in the coming rounds. Did you apply anywhere else?

WildRosie wrote: »
    The lowest of those was general at 559. You might get something in the coming rounds. Did you apply anywhere else?

:( might go do the introduction to nurseing course so

I did a healthcare assistant course this year and loved it. This was my second year applying and the course definitely helped so I'd say that's a really good idea if you don't get an offer. But don't give up hope yet, there's another two rounds to come and people defer and accept places on other courses so you could get an offer yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 balloman

i did it and def a great idea helped me get back into school mode

I feel a failure to say the least :(

It's so disappointing but there's more rounds to come and there's always next year. Lots of people have to try again, myself included, and are successful the next time. And you're definitely not a failure. You got a very respectable score. Only two thirds of people that did the test passed and the lowest score was 431 and you're waaaay above that. While you may not have got a place today, you should still be proud of yourself. It's a very tough and stressful process.

I was so upset last year but I'm glad how it worked out. I loved the HCA course and have a job now and feel prepared to start nursing. I wouldn't change how things worked out. And there's still more rounds to come so you're definitely still in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Intel240787

Just gonna post the highest and lowest scores of the first offers for each of the Mature Nursing Codes here for assistance:

Children's & General Nursing:
    DC228 Mature Applicants Children's and General Nursing (Integrated) 574*
    CK713 Mature Applicants Children's and General Nursing (Integrated) 591

General Nursing:
    TR094 Mature Applicants General Nursing (Adelaide Sch. of Nursing) 536
    TL892 Mature Applicants General Nursing 604

Intellectual Disability:
    TR098 Mature Applicants Intellectual Disability Nursing 503
    LM155 Mature Applicants Intellectual Disability Nursing 569

Mental Health Nursing:
    TL893 Mature Applicants Mental Health Nursing 563
    LM153 Mature Applicants Mental Health Nursing 573

Midwifery:
    DN462 Mature Applicants Midwifery 575
    LM157 Mature Applicants Midwifery 618

Psychiatric Nursing:
    TR096 Mature Applicants Psychiatric Nursing 523
    GY526 Mature Applicants Psychiatric Nursing 566

The * signals that not everyone on that score got an offer.
    Source: http://www2.cao.ie/points/mat_nur_pts_rndA_2013.pdf

Just on a point of caution, this is only the first round of offers, the CAO will continue to offer places as people refuse offers and defer, so for those that did not get an offer at this stage, don't loose heart - there's another bit to go before all of the places are filled.

The above is not exempt from errors (Just covering myself!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

I feel a failure to say the least :(

Commiserations PM. I know you might think its easy for me to say it but you aren't a failure. If this was your first time applying then you were in competition with some people who have been through the process at least once and don't underestimate that advantage that brings. Aptitude tests take a few minutes to settle into at the best of times so people with prior experience are better able to hit the ground running on the day.

A big number of the applicants may also have complete a pre-nursing, level 5 course and again that can give them a bit more of an edge. Mature nursing is incredibly competitive and I have worked with people who applied 3 or 4 times before getting their place.

Try not to get disheartened. You have some really valuable experience under your belt now. You could think about doing a full or part-time level 5 nursing studies course and be better prepared for next year. Take a few days to think about it before making any decisions.
    Take care.

• Advertisement

After a calmer check I got 554 but gen nursing in ucd was 559. So frustrated! Thanks everyone for your nice messages tho.

After a calmer check I got 554 but gen nursing in ucd was 559. So frustrated! Thanks everyone for your nice messages tho.

Then I definitely wouldn't give up hope yet. There's a good chance there'll be deferrals and you could get something in later rounds. Four points isn't a lot at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 canon14

Got general in trinity , not my first choice, hopefully may get something closer to home in August, otherwise ill have to move to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jennifer35

Hi

Does anyone know how I would go about finding out what the points are this year for Mature Nursing Entrance as I can't see what to go in under on CAO website.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 avolon

jennifer35 wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know how I would go about finding out what the points are this year for Mature Nursing Entrance as I can't see what to go in under on CAO website.

Thanks

This was posted in the mature nursing thread. Think it's what you're looking for

http://www2.cao.ie/points/mat_nur_pts_rndA_2013.pdf

hi , if you accept an offer, mine was 4th on my list, could i still be offered one of my top three in the next round

Yes, if places on your higher choices become available and you are next on the list you can be offered them even if you accept your 4th choice now.

thanks Roll on August first

canon14 wrote: »
    thanks Roll on August first

Round zero is the 19th August
    ;)

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Round zero is the 19th August
    ;)

Offer Round Dates and Reply Dates: (more information)
    Round Offer Date (from 06:00) Reply Date (by 17:15)
    Round A 5th July, 2013 11th July, 2013
    Round Zero 1st August, 2013 8th August, 2013
    Round One 19th August, 2013 26th August, 2013
    Round Two 29th August, 2013 4th September, 2013

• Advertisement

I just got an email from ucc just saying that they will be emailing out info about registration , i didn't get an offer from them!
    Anyone else get an email like that

No I didn't but I didn't apply there. That's strange. Had you applied to UCC? It's a bit odd that they're sending out emails before the closing date...

WildRosie wrote: »
    No I didn't but I didn't apply there. That's strange. Had you applied to UCC? It's a bit odd that they're sending out emails before the closing date...

I had applied there but I got trinity. It was through that it came through

I had applied there but I got trinity. It was through that it came through

It was through CAO the email from ucc came

I don't know so. You should probably follow it up with the CAO. Did you have enough points for UCC? I only ask that cos there's a girl over on Facebook who got her second choice even though she had way more points than needed for her first.

No i was short one point for general in ucc.

i have thought about it all day as i was sad this morning as i have to move from tipperary to dublin and dublin is soooooo expensive but hey its a new start and i am so lucky to have gotten a place

No i was short one point for general in ucc.

i have thought about it all day as i was sad this morning as i have to move from tipperary to dublin and dublin is soooooo expensive but hey its a new start and i am so lucky to have gotten a place

Would you not give admissions in UCC a call about it? Can't do any harm

i just did , she said it went out to people who had applied. She was lovely , asked me where i got and was i happy ??? sweet

i just did , she said it went out to people who had applied. She was lovely , asked me where i got and was i happy ??? sweet

Are you hoping to get UCC in the next rounds or are you going to take Trinity?

• Advertisement

avolon wrote: »
    Are you hoping to get UCC in the next rounds or are you going to take Trinity?

I have accepted trinity but cork would be cheaper to rent and closer to home. Where did you get?

Advertisement