Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Ireland - unlimited EVERYthing now €55 (or €39.75 SIM only)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

unklerosco wrote: »
    €20 only includes 50 mins of landline calls n 3gb data (unlimited mobile calls n texts), still.. its a very good deal.
    Lycamobile unlimited at €29/month and double top up credit (get €60 for a €30 top up) and use the spare credit for international calls etc and no contract is probably the best offer out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

bk wrote: »
    All plans have various "gotchas" that you need to be aware of.

However knowing the gothchas there are often good deal out there if you can live within the limits.

For instance I was with 3 for about two months before dumping them as their network reception is useless. I live just two miles from Dublin city center, yet no reception in my apartment and even often bad (falling back to 2G) reception on the street in Dublin city center!

I'm now with 48 and find it fantastic. Unlimited calls, texts and 3GB of data for €20 per month and on the excellent o2 network, with great coverage.

However there are gotchas too with 48 months, they don't allow you to call more then 200 individual numbers in one month, so not suitable for business calls, which is pretty fair IMO. You only get 50 minutes of free calls to landlines and have to top up another 50 minutes once the initial 50 run out. Likewise you have to add extra credit to make calls to 1890, 1850, etc. numbers and for MMS and the calls to these are pretty much the most expensive of any network.

Despite all of this, I'm very happy with it. I just understand these limitations and work within them. I can talk for ages with family and friends for very low cost, we have never had it so good IMO.

Download something like Nimbuzzout for cheap landline/international calls.

Advertisement