Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Ireland - unlimited EVERYthing now €55 (or €39.75 SIM only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Emobile still doing 49e a month 18m contract. Got it Sunday in carphone warehouse with an HTC One for 100e with 100e cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

EMobile sim only 30 day contract is €32 with unlimited calls and texts and 15G of data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Sorry OP, but on the face of it, I think thats rubbish.

As mentioned above, Emobile do 32 euro for unlimited irish calls to both any irish mobile and landland, along with unlimited irish texts and data.

I am VAT registered so this actually costs me €26 per month. I know for certain, I have two of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

48 is only €20 for everything. Plus it's the o2 network. Or €10 for unlimited texts, a fair amount of data and 100 mins of calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Just to add to this, I signed up to 3 two years ago on their 40 euro per month package, includes 'unlimited'(limited) data. I have had 2 phones with them, I broke one, my fault, but I could not recommend them to anyone.

Their data is fine when you can get it, but my phone drops back to 2g or edge dozens of times per day and sometimes never switches back, I have to go into airplane mode and back to trigger it getting 3g coverage again. It is the most annoying problem especially when phones are utilising data more and more, for social networks, spotify, mail and messaging on iPhone.

This problem is well documented on the three forum here and its a plague on their network, if you use data at all do NOT go with three. Some people might have no problems but there are hundreds of people who do and why take the risk when there are many better networks and companies out there.

One extra note: This morning data was totally down, I guess a knock-on effect from the big problems in UK today, I rang customer service, I could not believe the message they had: "We are receiving an unusually high volume of calls at the moment and instead of waiting you should try ringing back later, goodbye" and that was the end of the call, no offer to ring me back or anything like it. Hopefully that example shows you how 3 treat and value their customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

hfallada wrote: »
    48 is only €20 for everything. Plus it's the o2 network. Or €10 for unlimited texts, a fair amount of data and 100 mins of calls.

€20 only includes 50 mins of landline calls n 3gb data (unlimited mobile calls n texts), still.. its a very good deal.

Are you referring to this? If so that is not unlimited everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Sim only business plan on 3 is only €20 (presumably excluding VAT) and its unlimited everything.

http://www.three.ie/business/priceplans/sim-only.html

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

It's unsuitable for any sort of business usage. If you make calls & texts to 200 different numbers within the membership month, your account is automatically suspended for the remainder of the membership. 48 support will NOT re-enable early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

And as always in Ireland, unlimited does not mean unlimited.

If you look at the small print it tells you that you are limited to 10000 flexi units (1 flexi unit is 1 minute call time or 2 sms) so there is a limit.

And in the T&C it says that over 15GB they reserve the right to limit the service.

So it's not unlimited, it's 15 GB or data with maximum of 10000 flexi units.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

You can get 10,000 mins, 10,000 texts and 10Gb data for €29 on Prepay with Lycamobile: http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/Bundles

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

All plans have various "gotchas" that you need to be aware of.

However knowing the gothchas there are often good deal out there if you can live within the limits.

For instance I was with 3 for about two months before dumping them as their network reception is useless. I live just two miles from Dublin city center, yet no reception in my apartment and even often bad (falling back to 2G) reception on the street in Dublin city center!

I'm now with 48 and find it fantastic. Unlimited calls, texts and 3GB of data for €20 per month and on the excellent o2 network, with great coverage.

However there are gotchas too with 48 months, they don't allow you to call more then 200 individual numbers in one month, so not suitable for business calls, which is pretty fair IMO. You only get 50 minutes of free calls to landlines and have to top up another 50 minutes once the initial 50 run out. Likewise you have to add extra credit to make calls to 1890, 1850, etc. numbers and for MMS and the calls to these are pretty much the most expensive of any network.

Despite all of this, I'm very happy with it. I just understand these limitations and work within them. I can talk for ages with family and friends for very low cost, we have never had it so good IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I would like to wade in here with a few points consumers may not be aware off.

On this plan (55p/m) calls to the UK (landlines and mobiles) are included from the plan. (dont think any other network offers this)

As for the 3G issue, personally I've no problem, but if you select the (on a Samsung galaxy series phone) seetings>mobile networks>Network mode>WCDMA only, then your phone will not go on to 2G, it will stay attached to the 3G/H+ signal almost indefinitely (i cover the 26 counties with my job, havent found too many no signal areas yet)

3 let you use your mobile (data/texts/calls) in any other country with a 3 network, just like your at home (think this excludes Austraila for the minute)

Admittedly I havent studied these new plans indepth yet, but I'm currently entitled to an upgrade, and am seriously considering opting for this plan.

If anyone has spotted any reason why I shouldnt switch from my current 96 a month flex max plan, please let me know, it just seems too good to be true tbh.

**Not an employee of 3, nor any association with the company**

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

"On this plan (55p/m) calls to the UK (landlines and mobiles) are included from the plan. (dont think any other network offers this)"

Sam, where did you get this info? And did you mean "are included in" or "excluded from"?

"On this plan (55p/m) calls to the UK (landlines and mobiles) are included from the plan. (dont think any other network offers this)"

Sam, where did you get this info? And did you mean "are included in" or "excluded from"?

Sorry, to be clear.

Calls to UK mobiles and landlines are included with the plan.

I've been with three for three years now. Definitely included in the plan.

SamHall wrote: »
    Sorry, to be clear.

Calls to UK mobiles and landlines are included with the plan.

I've been with three for three years now. Definitely included in the plan.

Aha!! They have now updated their T & Cs for that plan. Calls to the UK & Three Like Home are promotional & will end on 30th Sept. 2013.

Aha!! They have now updated their T & Cs for that plan. Calls to the UK & Three Like Home are promotional & will end on 30th Sept. 2013.

Sneaky.....

That's seriously hidden away from the 'plan' shown on the front page.

They're asking folk to sign up to a 2 year plan based on a three month promotion?

That may result in a lot of folk feeling 'duped' in Sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

tw0nk wrote: »
    Their data is fine when you can get it, but my phone drops back to 2g or edge dozens of times per day and sometimes never switches back, I have to go into airplane mode and back to trigger it getting 3g coverage again. It is the most annoying problem especially when phones are utilising data more and more, for social networks, spotify, mail and messaging on iPhone.

This problem is well documented on the three forum here and its a plague on their network, if you use data at all do NOT go with three. Some people might have no problems but there are hundreds of people who do and why take the risk when there are many better networks and companies out there.
    This is exactly my experience too I have to manually select the 3g network constantly even when its stronger than the 2g one even if I force the 3g network on android they somehow switch me to 2g. Its impossible to make a journey with Google maps for example without reelecting 3g all the time. Never a problem.with o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

boardzz wrote: »
    Sim only business plan on 3 is only €20 (presumably excluding VAT) and its unlimited everything.

http://www.three.ie/business/priceplans/sim-only.html

What do you need to sign up for a Business plan? (other than a business ... or is that even optional?)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

SamHall wrote: »
    Sneaky.....

That's seriously hidden away from the 'plan' shown on the front page.

They're asking folk to sign up to a 2 year plan based on a three month promotion?

That may result in a lot of folk feeling 'duped' in Sept.

I spotted that in the T&C as well. I was speaking to online sales guy at the Three, I asked was there a plan that included calls to UK, he suggested this plan, what he didn't tell me was that the calls were only a promotion which has an end date of 30th September. I clicked the email conversation button, it didn't email me the conversation. I also noticed you couldn't copy and paste the conversation/chat window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

+1 on the 2G/3G problems, absolutely infuriating especially when you spend ages engaging with them on the Talk To board here with them playing dumb acting like they've never heard of such a thing before then all you get is a phone call from an agressive and rude Indian guy who goes through the same script asking you to check the same settings that the Talk To people already told you to check, they always make it sound like its your fault aswell even though technical people have explained many times on their forum that its a flaw in the design of their network and how they share with O2 and Vodafone...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Mylow wrote: »
    I spotted that in the T&C as well. I was speaking to online sales guy at the Three, I asked was there a plan that included calls to UK, he suggested this plan, what he didn't tell me was that the calls were only a promotion which has an end date of 30th September. I clicked the email conversation button, it didn't email me the conversation. I also noticed you couldn't copy and paste the conversation/chat window.

I asked them a direct question about what happens after September, they could withdraw the option to buy an add on as they are not contractually obliged to offer it at all after September, then you'd be stuck in a contract for 24 months where you wouldn't even be able to get an add on even if you wanted it as they withdrew it and nothing you could do.

Of course the first response from the rep is basically one which is avoiding the question completely and repeating what we already know.

They have basically now admitted there is a GOTCHA in the plan and refuse to deny that UK Calls and Three Like home will be withdrawn post September both in bundled and add on form: http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/84928951

Do not sign a contract if you rely on these features. They will withdraw them post October and you will be stuck with a contract for 21 months that you cannot use for UK Calls and Text or roaming there.

What do you need to sign up for a Business plan? (other than a business ... or is that even optional?)

You need Business Headed Paper & a VAT No iirc. They changed the T & Cs in that offer too. Initially it was for a single phone, now you have to have 2 phones minimum on that plan:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Im pretty sure there is a law that says no company can stop a person signing a business contract. Loads of people changed to business health insurance because it worked out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I fail to see why you'd even use 3 Bill pay?:confused: The Pay as Go gives you pretty much the same thing for €20. Unless they changed the scheme recently. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Jernal wrote: »
    I fail to see why you'd even use 3 Bill pay?:confused: The Pay as Go gives you pretty much the same thing for €20. Unless they changed the scheme recently. :confused:

Im coming to the end of my contract with 3 and beginning to think the same really. Heavy data use was the only thing that bill pay used to have (for me) over PAYG. Wouldn't mind a swanky new phone, but dunno if I can justify paying the extra 20+ a month when the phone I have (galaxy s2) works perfectly well.

I have a sim card for 3 with a couple of hundred Euro on it, is there anything I can buy with that besides sh1tty facebook game loot or charity donations does anyone know? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thargor wrote: »
    I have a sim card for 3 with a couple of hundred Euro on it, is there anything I can buy with that besides sh1tty facebook game loot or charity donations does anyone know? Thanks.

Is it cash credit or free credit that's on the sim?

Cash credit, wouldnt bother trying to get anything with free/bonus credit but someone must have figured out something to do with it by now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Jernal wrote: »
    Because you only get 66 minutes of weekday calls to non-Three customers.

Advertisement