Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitter Atheists.

Options
  • 03-06-2013 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

I always find it weird how some atheists are obsessed with religion.

They remind me of bitter x girlfriends

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh look, another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Sarky wrote: »
    Oh look, another one.

It's a bit lively today.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It'll be the sunshine, I'd say.

• Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Buzz84 wrote: »

Some theists believe that an all powerful deity that created the world is so low on self-esteem that he'll condemn those that don't worship him to eternal torment.

But yet you find atheists commenting on religion weird.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Buzz84

koth wrote: »
    Some theists believe that an all powerful deity that created the world is so low on self-esteem that he'll condemn those that don't worship him to eternal torment.

But yet you find atheists commenting on religion weird.

I couldn't care less about theists I aint one of them. I just don't understand why people obsess about something they don't believe in.

• Advertisement

Luckily enough I'm not referring to myself . Are you trying to say my example is abusive? Seems like I touched a nerve.

I couldn't care less about theists I aint one of them. I just don't understand why people obsess about something they don't believe in.

Best keep away from the Doctor Who/Star Wars/<insert book/movie/TV show here> or your head will possibly explode ;)

If the religious were to keep their beaks out of things that impact people (be they religious or not) then this forum would likely be populated by tumbleweeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Might have something to do with it having a pervasive, poisonous effect on the communal life of the country we live in. :confused:

Might have something to do with it having a pervasive, poisonous effect on the communal life of the country we live in. :confused:

What utter nonsense. How does religion effect your day to day life?

What utter nonsense. How does religion effect your day to day life?
    I never said affected my day to day life.

I never said affected my day to day life.

But surely if it has ''a pervasive, poisonous effect on the communal life of the country we live in'' it must have affected your day to day life or are you being a drama queen?

• Advertisement

tumblr_mnt9c69RWt1r6gk4zo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mnszj1v7Ib1soe7o9o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mnsvghIJwd1rl99hdo1_500.jpg

So your trying to equate religion with being in prison .lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

So your trying to equate religion with being in prison .lol

You must be an inmate?

I find this bible verse very family friendly.

tumblr_mnsqzrgoE71sse5zho1_500.jpg

You do relise I am actually an atheist , I'm just not one of the bitter ones but your really cool pictures still managed to offend me hope that makes you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

256693.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

But surely if it has ''a pervasive, poisonous effect on the communal life of the country we live in'' it must have affected your day to day life or are you being a drama queen?
    You're offering a false choice. There's at least one other option, that it does have a pervasive, poisonous effect on the communal life of the country we live in, but that it doesn't affect my day to day life.

You're offering a false choice. There's at least one other option, that it does have a pervasive, poisonous effect on the communal life of the country we live in, but that it doesn't affect my day to day life.

You reckon it has a poisonous effect on the country but it just doesn't affect you.

You reckon it has a poisonous effect on the country but it just doesn't affect you.
    No, I do believe it affects me, just not my day to day life.

You do relise I am actually an atheist , I'm just not one of the bitter ones but your really cool pictures still managed to offend me hope that makes you feel better.

:confused:

as shocking as this may seem, you're not the only person viewing/posting on this thread. I'm not posting the picture for your benefit.

tumblr_mntdugHxeI1qgjeodo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnu3baw0eA1raw1oio1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭swampgas

This is "The Funny Side of Religion" sticky thread. It's where we stick stuff about religion we think is funny, so it's not really a place where a lot of discussion happens. You could always try starting a separate thread to discuss how we are all so obsessed with religion, 'cos that's never been proposed here before ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Worztron wrote: »
    256693.jpg

On a similar note.

9MZThMG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I find it weird how some religious folk are obsessed with religion but I don't start threads on the religious forums stating this. Well, I used to when I was young and wanted to try and troll religious people, but I don't anymore.
    They remind me of concerned, enlightened, citizens, out there to lobby against the entrenched blind views that could do, and do, harm to our societal fabric. I'm not obsessed with religion, but I don't see anything wrong with an opposing viewpoint to an established obsession that has questionable and varied control over our society.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

No, I'm sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Gordon wrote: »
    I find it weird how some religious folk are obsessed with religion but I don't start threads on the religious forums stating this. Well, I used to when I was young and wanted to try and troll religious people, but I don't anymore.

They don't start threads:

Atheists are so f*cking stupid, lets make memes about them.

Indeed.
    Prodigious wrote: »
    They don't start threads:

Atheists are so f*cking stupid, lets make memes about them.

256727.jpg

Indeed.

256727.jpg

Made by atheists, clearly trying to be ironic.
    Try again.

Prodigious wrote: »
    Made by atheists, clearly trying to be ironic.
    Try again.
    OK
    256727.jpg

Whatever.

Forgive me..

Forgive me..

Ask God for forgiveness. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭smokingman

Forgive me..

If he doesn't, he'll burn in that "hell" of his so he'd probably better if he was serious about his religion surely?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement