Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stream Consumer solutions - has anyone worked for them?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Guinea11

My sister got a call last year to go for interview with them. After a bit of Internet searching by our Mom, we found it sounded a bit off so she cancelled the interview, lucky escape! However, I applied for admin work with a place in Penrose Wharf called Peerless Acquistions- has anyone heard of them?? I love admin work so said I'd give this crowd a shot. Went for interview yest- was told they were a huge company in the uk for the past 6 years! Dealt with Vodafone, and all these huge companies and was I available immediately to be sent to Manchester for training! There was no one at all in this office besides the managing director who I felt was a bit off and there weren't even proper filing cabinets or anything that you'd expect in an office. He also said he'd done 30-40 interviews in a day (not possible) and he was going to decide last night who to choose. I've looked this place up on the net and nothing found for them being in the uk!! And keeps saying its a new thing in Cork.. Am I the only one who thinks this is dodge?! My gut feeling is telling me it is..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Stream and all of its ilk are based on Penrose Wharf, so the location alone would be cause for alarm for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Guinea11

Clearly an area to keep away from.. My friend just got a call about going for interview ASAP with them. She found it off too though so not going. I've done some more digging and found that the managing director is only 25 and has had 2 companies shut already so the gut feeling was right to keep away!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Guinea11 wrote: »
    Clearly an area to keep away from.. My friend just got a call about going for interview ASAP with them. She found it off too though so not going. I've done some more digging and found that the managing director is only 25 and has had 2 companies shut already so the gut feeling was right to keep away!!!!

That's the guy i went to an interview for! So same guy is running all these companies? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johndub88

Stream consumer solutions is set up in Dublin aswell!They're all part of a bigger organisation called Per Dm! They're hundreds of theses companies all part of Per dm, Cobra marketing, Ds max. They say you can progress from within 6 to 12 months making 80k a year! Most of you're questions are not answered or aren't welcomed at all. While working with stream I was selling Airtricity door to door for about 11 hours a day 6 day a week!Don't get me wrong you can make alot of money but you have to pay for all your own travel to get there and we went on "road trips" to other parts of the country and stayed there for the week working while we paid for our own accommodation. When i was bringing interviewee's out on there "observation day" I would be introduced as an important part of the business an as an "accounts manager"! Then i was told by the manager himself, not to let the "observation" ask to many questions and take control of the conversation. Its called multilevel marketing similar to a pyramid scheme with jesse young and justin cobb at the top!When you get through the "training programme" and make management the companys higher up give you a loan to open up your office so even when they post how much they're making on the wall every week they have rent to pay on the building bills, the loan they owe, and also have to give a % cut of there profit to the companies higher up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

friend and sister both worked for basically the same company, they're pasted all over the job sites... The stories are ridiculous, bunch of chancers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alan8

Hey, I just have an interview with these guys today, they just changed their name from Stream Consumer Solutions to Peerless Acquisitions in Sep. I am just finished college and a bit green:eek: and I can't seem to find any good information on these guys? Please help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Run, as fast as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 unknown111

DOOR TO DOOR SALES AND PAID ON COMMISSION.

i came across this company when i was searching for jobs online. I applied and got called in for an interview and then a trial.

i wasn't sure what the job was exactly as it didn't give much of a description on the advert just that it had something to do with sales , I did ask a few questions at the interview to try and find out what this job was exactly , but i never got a straight answer. I didnt want to keep asking because it would give the impression i just applied and that i'm not very interested in the job.

I came in for the trial and got brought to a location almost 2 hours away with one of the staff from stream.
    I was a bit annoyed at this because i was never told that we would even be leaving there office in penrose wharf. I was thinking about just getting out before we went but I really needed to find a job so i just went along.
    Everytime i asked a question on the way down they said they would explain at a certain time and i was honestly getting a bit worried.

When we got to the location I had to walk around for around 8 hours on my feet DOOR TO DOOR , trying to get people to sign up for a charity.

I was very angry as one thing that was not mentioned in there advert/website/interview was Direct selling/cold calling/door to door. and i was almost 2 hours away from home so i couldn't just leave or have someone collect me, if I was still in town i would of left straight away.

I got back to penrose wharf at around 10 o clock that night, I was asked to wait outside the office and to fill out a questionnaire form about the day and that i would be called in for a meeting with the manager in a few minutes after the member of staff that i had gone out with that day gave a review. A part of me just wanted to leave without going into the meeting as i did not want this job at all. I was so tired and so annoyed and just wanted to get home. but i didn't want to be rude so i filled out the form & waited.

I got called in and the manager said I had gotten a good review and that they would like me to start tomorrow. I found it hard to turn it down but I had to because there was no way I could do this job , Door to Door selling every day and only getting paid on COMMISSION. So i simply said no, and that the job wasn't for me , that i don't think id be good at direct selling and that somebody else would be better suited for the position. I was polite and honest about it , But suddenly the managers attitude changed and he actually gave out to me as if i have wasted their time and made me feel really bad. I left in tears , i was so embarrassed & angry.

I Would not recommend working for this company to anyone. I am still looking for work but I couldn't work there. Not just because of the direct selling door to door, finding your own transport to these locations all over Cork & ireland , being paid on commision but because of the staff being rude and unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 unknown111

they probaly changed the name because of the reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 b2012foxhunt

I'd like to know if anyone who has commented on this has actually worked for any of the per dm companies for a long stretch of time and actually learnt what they were taught???? Because I've currently been working as a rep for this company with the past year and I find the comments on this ridiculous!!! People make direct marketing companies sound like slave labour. I doubt anyone has ever heard the saying good things come to those who don't want to put in effort. All the managing directors of our business try to do is help people build solid careers in Ireland during a time of recession when work is limited. I see most of the comments are from people who have no experience with the company or who have gone out on training days and didn't have the stamina to work in an outdoors job. The clients that we work with are involved in all areas from charities such as the Irish red cross, airtricity, talktalk and vodafone plus many more, these are well known businesses, if there was anything dodgy about any of the per dm companies then why would businesses such as those named above be using per dm as a direct marketing company. Is it perhaps because the companies actually benefit from reps going door to door to market their services/products????
    I also noticed there is a lot of bad press against going door to door and commission. I understand this is not for everyone but unless you actually experience it and complete training then how are you to know if this type of job is for you. I myself have personally taken many people out on observation days and each person would have completely different personalities as well as different perceptions on door to door selling and although some found it wasn't for them a lot of these people went on to complete the training programme and are very successful in what they do. As for the upset about working on commission if you work by what we call systems and are positive about what you sell its very easy to make sales and earn between 400 - 500 every week bare minimum. In fact a trainee of mine made in his first week in the job 1025 euros..... I highly doubt anybody commenting on this can stand up and say that.
    In my 12 months working in this business I have never made less then 400 euros a week and am delighted to say that the mentoring I received from my leaders and managers has been nothing but constructive and positive to help me reach my goals. I have never had a bad experience and the friends that I have made in my time in this job are ones I trust more then my own family. I understand it's difficult to know if something suits you but there's no reason if your out of work why you should not make a go of door to door sales the money is there iv made it and the progression is available as well iv seen it all it takes is for a person to remain positive, put in the effort required and to actually listen to the advice given by people with experience they only say what they know works best.
    I know most people will take this without a drop of notice but its very easy to find negative comments and press on anything you search for so I wanted people to hear the positive look on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Yes, everyone here is definitely wrong and you are so right, person who joined just to post defending one of the companies you work for...

Get a grip, these companies are leeches and are absolutely diabolical places to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lady in Black

I'd like to know if anyone who has commented on this has actually worked for any of the per dm companies for a long stretch of time and actually learnt what they were taught???? Because I've currently been working as a rep for this company with the past year and I find the comments on this ridiculous!!! People make direct marketing companies sound like slave labour. I doubt anyone has ever heard the saying good things come to those who don't want to put in effort. All the managing directors of our business try to do is help people build solid careers in Ireland during a time of recession when work is limited. I see most of the comments are from people who have no experience with the company or who have gone out on training days and didn't have the stamina to work in an outdoors job. The clients that we work with are involved in all areas from charities such as the Irish red cross, airtricity, talktalk and vodafone plus many more, these are well known businesses, if there was anything dodgy about any of the per dm companies then why would businesses such as those named above be using per dm as a direct marketing company. Is it perhaps because the companies actually benefit from reps going door to door to market their services/products????
    I also noticed there is a lot of bad press against going door to door and commission. I understand this is not for everyone but unless you actually experience it and complete training then how are you to know if this type of job is for you. I myself have personally taken many people out on observation days and each person would have completely different personalities as well as different perceptions on door to door selling and although some found it wasn't for them a lot of these people went on to complete the training programme and are very successful in what they do. As for the upset about working on commission if you work by what we call systems and are positive about what you sell its very easy to make sales and earn between 400 - 500 every week bare minimum. In fact a trainee of mine made in his first week in the job 1025 euros..... I highly doubt anybody commenting on this can stand up and say that.
    In my 12 months working in this business I have never made less then 400 euros a week and am delighted to say that the mentoring I received from my leaders and managers has been nothing but constructive and positive to help me reach my goals. I have never had a bad experience and the friends that I have made in my time in this job are ones I trust more then my own family. I understand it's difficult to know if something suits you but there's no reason if your out of work why you should not make a go of door to door sales the money is there iv made it and the progression is available as well iv seen it all it takes is for a person to remain positive, put in the effort required and to actually listen to the advice given by people with experience they only say what they know works best.
    I know most people will take this without a drop of notice but its very easy to find negative comments and press on anything you search for so I wanted people to hear the positive look on things.

Dear b2012foxhunt,

I have witnessed first hand, the effect a job like this has on somebody, as it caused the breakdown of my relationship.

The fact of the matter is, anyone who actually thinks they can make a career out of a job like that has been completely brainwashed by the management.
    I struggled for almost a year to make my ex see sense regarding choosing this dodgy, commission based joke of a "job" over something stable.

I do have to argue that these types of positions ARE slave labour, working from 7am until 11pm. (having to be in the office for pep talks from early morning, knocking on doors from 11 - 7, then back to the office again!) all the while being lucky to make 3 sales per day (Airtricity was worth €30 per sale) hours vs wage does'nt really balance out at all!

Another issue i would have with these type of jobs is the fact there is no obligation (by the company, not state) to pay tax on any earnings, it is a pet hate of mine that while i work full time i have to contribute nearly €300 per month to the revenue, while "self-employed" sales people in these companies normally don't declare their earnings.

Oh i was also forgetting to mention how Stream Copnsumer Solutions in Dublin is now under a different name, to lure more unsuspecting people in for interviews as their job adverts are always ever so...vague...
    Also the previous management there have upped and moved to the UK, to sell the more gimicks over there, and maybe because people are fed up answering their doors to them here.

I could be here all day with the issues i have with these type of companies, i hate them with a passion, and cannot deal with how some people fall for their nonsense and actually believe they will get their own office within a few months of working there.

Regarding your trainee making so much money in their first week, i bet that money went on travel costs and accomodation for all your 'road trips' the poor sod won't see that kind of money again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 CorkEgoVulture

Hi James Neal, enjoy the concerts?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Its the gym he's into nowadays.

Advertisement