Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linda Martin sings Daft Punk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭RayCon

Nothing more boring than people enforcing their musical tastes down others throats. Even when they are STUPID!

Contradictory much ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,301 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The most embarrassing piece of irish 'entertainment', second only to the TG4 rendition of 'I like big butts' sung as gaelige (someone else can link it - I couldn't live with myself if I did)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Apparently they've lined up Daniel O'Donnell for the first week of the new season to sing a medley from 'The Prodigy'.

Followed by Crystal Swing with "No Diggity"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

vitani wrote: »
    I still haven't recovered from his version of 'Da Doo Ron Ron' :(

Fúck you anyway. I had to youtube it.
    You often hear the phrase "I just got a little bit sick in my mouth", but that's genuinely how I feel when I watch that video.

If anyone else has a dodgy stomach and feels puking will make them feel better, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LFfGxGI14g

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Cienciano wrote: »
    You often hear the phrase "I just got a little bit sick in my mouth", but that's genuinely how I feel when I watch that video.

If anyone else has a dodgy stomach and feels puking will make them feel better, here's the link:

AHHHHH. JEEEESSSSUSSS

40 seconds I lasted, then I could feel the nosebleed coming on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

The American government will in future be implicated in fresh torture claims in Guantanamo Bay. It will be for forcing inmates to watch that on repeat.

Rte should refund our licence fee for that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

This is even better. He forgets the words around 2:45

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Scylla wrote: »

Christ. She has to be trolling us, there's no other explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

LizT wrote: »
    Christ. She has to be trolling us, there's no other explanation.

I hear shes head-lining Slane next year.

I hear shes head-lining Slane next year.

Surprised she isn't performing at Oxegen this year, the line up seems to be the type of thing she likes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Nah, the soul train version is better

Someone tell the guy at 0.43 seconds in I'm stealing his moves

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Someone tell the guy at 0.43 seconds in I'm stealing his moves

The guy at 29s almost makes smoking look cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

It's genuinely surprising that nobody involved in the production of that show stopped and went "hang on, have we really thought this through?". I'm still stumped as to what the point of it was. Did they have a planned act that fell through at short notice? Was every single band in the country then unavailable? Hell, they could have rung Bell X1 or Two Door Cinema Club and asked them to cover it; it probably wouldn't have been much good, but it wouldn't have been so bloody awful. They could have called in the Redneck Manifesto; I'd have paid money to see them doing Get Lucky...

It's genuinely surprising that nobody involved in the production of that show stopped and went "hang on, have we really thought this through?". I'm still stumped as to what the point of it was. Did they have a planned act that fell through at short notice? Was every single band in the country then unavailable? Hell, they could have rung Bell X1 or Two Door Cinema Club and asked them to cover it; it probably wouldn't have been much good, but it wouldn't have been so bloody awful. They could have called in the Redneck Manifesto; I'd have paid money to see them doing Get Lucky...

I doubt either of those acts would want to be associated with the Saturday Night Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

I doubt either of those acts would want to be associated with the Saturday Night Show.

Fair point. Guess they'll have to book Rammstein instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I hope she goes back for another stab at the eurovision, that way when she does ****e she'll write a book about ending her career and we'll maybe see her once more and then it'll be over forever. The master plan mwahaha.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

At least it's not as bad as the mustachioed DJs of 2FM rapping against rape back in '91.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Sweet zombie Jesus.

"Yeeeeah! Arribaaaa!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Cienciano wrote: »

It's the way he kind of slides into every long note. Gives it an extra-special 'kick'.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Despite my previous post on this thread, I now feel sorry for Linda. RTÉ knowingly threw her to the dogs, and have now posted their own take on her performance, calling it the 'oddest and bravest' performance of the year. They have completely stabbed her in the back.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/0602/454119-did-linda-martin-get-lucky-on-saturday-night-show/

Herself and that idiot O'Connor have pissed each other off in the past, and I can just picture him in the production team meeting for Saturday's programme, all excited about giving Linda that final push into Crystal Swing territory.

The joke is on Linda....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

The old addage holds true here, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Linda's market is the older age group, 40+ this won't have harmed her standing in their eyes, perhaps even makes for a few more ticket sales at her next gig.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

♫ He's up all night to get shuummmmm ♪

JAZZHANDS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I would like to make a complaint. Not to RTE, but to all the people of this thread, for not really warning me ENOUGH. It's worse than you all said. Much, much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Apparently they've lined up Daniel O'Donnell for the first week of the new season to sing a medley from 'The Prodigy'.

"I'm the fire starter, so I am"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Fair pay to him, with the wig and makeup it's difficult to tell, if it wasn't for the 5 o'clock shadow and the big manly hands he never would have been outed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

That was soul destroying, after 3 seconds of "singing". Couldn't manage any more or I'd have stabbed my eardrums.

Such a piss poor cover :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I think a public apology should be issued to Daft Punk over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

This is almost as bad as that "man getting hit by train" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I think a public apology should be issued to Daft Punk over this.

I agree I mean they had Nile Rodgers on the night before I bet they never told him or said we have this great singer and everyone will love it. At least they did not get Crystal Swing to sing it. I would sue them for damages no one will bye it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

Advertisement