Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC in 4 days and havnt studied yet

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

And tis more that I get bored of not being able to study

• Registered Users Posts: 24 oryxandcrake

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    I think the lowest points course I have down is 300 points but need an A2 in maths,,should be do-able as I stuck with HL until a few weeks back that's a level 8 btw

What courses did you put down? Maybe there is another way of getting in on lower points.

Finding a way to study is your priority right now, though. There will be time to figure the rest out after the exams. You can change your mind on the CAO after, maybe add in a few lower points courses as your last options.

Considering the fact that i have spent the whole day trying to avoid studying, I probably shouldn't be giving out advice. :/

What courses did you put down? Maybe there is another way of getting in on lower points.

Finding a way to study is your priority right now, though. There will be time to figure the rest out after the exams. You can change your mind on the CAO after, maybe add in a few lower points courses as your last options.

Considering the fact that i have spent the whole day trying to avoid studying, I probably shouldn't be giving out advice. :/
    Ya the end of June is the change of mind deadline isn't it?
    I also heard someone saying today "maybe if we ignore the study, it will go away". Wishful thinking unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

So the leaving is starting Wednesday and I still havnt started studying. I tried this morning but couldn't concentrate after about 10mins I got so bored. Any one else in de same boat ? Or any suggestions on how to be able to keep de concentration for an hour at least?

You do realise that de English exam is your first exam on de Wednesday morning??

Ya the end of June is the change of mind deadline isn't it?
    I also heard someone saying today "maybe if we ignore the study, it will go away". Wishful thinking unfortunately

Something like 5.15 on July 1st?
    Yeah. But then it's over and we never have to think about it again!
    And I'm one of those people who doesn't actually hate studying.

• Advertisement

You do realise that de English exam is your first exam on de Wednesday morning??

What about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I tried the not studying plan as I wanted to go into the family business and not college.

Although quite happy with the course my life took I've always wondered what I could have achieved in the Leaving Cert if I applied myself as much as I know I could have.

I tried the not studying plan as I wanted to go into the family business and not college.

Although quite happy with the course my life took I've always wondered what I could have achieved in the Leaving Cert if I applied myself as much as I know I could have.

I think no matter what choices you make in life you will always wonder "what if"......

That's what I'm afraid of. My course requirements aren't too harsh at all, but it's just the disappointment of receiving not-so-great results that I'm worried about. I suppose I'm lucky not to have major life plans depending on these exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

What about it?

I dunno. I mean, who cares if u can't spell proply in de English exam?

• Advertisement

I think no matter what choices you make in life you will always wonder "what if"......

Wise beyond your years.....

fck the leaving cert, set up a cult, you'll be sorted ;)

That's what I'm afraid of. My course requirements aren't too harsh at all, but it's just the disappointment of receiving not-so-great results that I'm worried about. I suppose I'm lucky not to have major life plans depending on these exams.

I'm not going to say don't study or study your arse off.

I didn't care at the time. It's just as I've gotten older I've thought, I should have applied myself.

Wise beyond your years.....

fck the leaving cert, set up a cult, you'll be sorted ;)

If I'm that wise in the exams in de next few weeks I'd be going wicked well!!

I dunno. I mean, who cares if u can't spell proply in de English exam?

Oh THAT. Well. In that respect: Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

I'm sure it's been said before,but don't forget about getting what you want on the possibility of 3rd round offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

This makes me want to cry. I've been studying for about 6 hours a day for the last few months and someone hasn't even done any study?

Well it's your future. So who am I to judge?

woopah92 wrote: »
    This makes me want to cry. I've been studying for about 6 hours a day for the last few months and someone hasn't even done any study?

And tbh I'm jealous of ya,,I'd love to be able to say I studied for half dat length of time let alone that much,,,difference at the end of the day is that you'll know that you've done your best,,and ill know I could have done a lot better

woopah92 wrote: »

People approach things in different ways. You will probably get more out of this Leaving Cert year than someone who hasn't studied at all for it, anyway.
    You probably won't have regrets, for one thing!

Advertisement