Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The Gaiety Antiques on Francis Street/Eglington Street closed last week also

Hopefully that's just temporary and they'll find a new premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The Gaiety Antiques on Francis Street/Eglington Street closed last week also

Hopefully that's just temporary and they'll find a new premises.

For anyone trying to contact them, their shop in Westport is still open, and anyone with deposits, orders or enquiries can contact them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I notice Maloney's shop on Francis/Mary St has been closed for a few weeks also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I notice Maloney's shop on Francis/Mary St has been closed for a few weeks also.

Twas open up til two weeks ago anyway, was in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 critic_12

Anybody know if the pharmacy Healthwave in Galway that opened last year has relocated?

It closed down 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

critic_12 wrote: »
    Anybody know if the pharmacy Healthwave in Galway that opened last year has relocated?

It closed down 2 weeks ago.

They haven't relocated, just closed. They still have two pharmacies in Dublin, but no more in Galway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It was open yesterday anyway!

Strange. I passed it three times recently and it was closed. Maybe they've changed their hours. There didn't seem to be any stock inside either though. Just a couple of empty shelves/stands in the middle of the floor.
    Apologies if I got it wrong.

Strange. I passed it three times recently and it was closed. Maybe they've changed their hours. There didn't seem to be any stock inside either though. Just a couple of empty shelves/stands in the middle of the floor.
    Apologies if I got it wrong.
    Ya it's definitely open, have passed it numerous times recently and it's open eachctime and stocked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Ya it's definitely open, have passed it numerous times recently and it's open eachctime and stocked.

That shop is a long time there. I wish it well

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm hearing a lot of rumours that Karma is closing. Galway hasn't had a club close in too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm hearing a lot of rumours that Karma is closing. Galway hasn't had a club close in too long.

I think it's being closed for renovations in March & hope to open again in July, I'm assuming for race week.

That's what I have heard anyways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Hillbillies is now call hungry bear

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thought Hillbillies seemed to be raking it in, probably pricey rent on that unit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 critic_12

buzz11 wrote: »
    New pharmacy called Healthwave opened on Sean Mulvoy road

Now closed. Thought this type of business of cheaper prescriptions would have done well.

Thargor wrote: »
    Thought Hillbillies seemed to be raking it in, probably pricey rent on that unit though.

Same business with a change of name, not a business opening/closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

So if I want hillbillies where do I go??

The same premises, if you are finding that difficult to figure out then maybe just go for a Supermacs.

To a rural mountainous area of the United States apparently*.

*Google says so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

The same premises, if you are finding that difficult to figure out then maybe just go for a Supermacs.

Thats no longer hillbillies

Thats no longer hillbillies
    If that's your belief then don't go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

They were running a competition on Facebook last month, looking for a new name, and offering a whole €50 prize fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

The two units in between Oscar's and the Chinese on Dominick St. are being re-vamped in the same style. Looks like one business going in there, but no idea what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

serfboard wrote: »
    The two units in between Oscar's and the Chinese on Dominick St. are being re-vamped in the same style. Looks like one business going in there, but no idea what it is.

Restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Came here to ask about this! It looks like a pub but that's just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

I'm trying to remember what this is replacing. I think there was a bike shop in one of those units, but that may have been a good while ago. We all drew a blank what had been there when we saw that it wasn't the Winese, and wasn't Oscars, it was replacing.

I agree, it looks like a restaurant or pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm trying to remember what this is replacing. I think there was a bike shop in one of those units, but that may have been a good while ago. We all drew a blank what had been there when we saw that it wasn't the Winese, and wasn't Oscars, it was replacing.

I agree, it looks like a restaurant or pub.

It is a restaurant :D

Used to be Clan Video back in the day. Was also a head shop and as you mention the bike shop. Also a cyber-cafe (remember those things?) Can't remember what else.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

JohnCleary wrote: »
    It is a restaurant :D

Used to be Clan Video back in the day. Was also a head shop and as you mention the bike shop. Also a cyber-cafe (remember those things?) Can't remember what else.

We've been trying to remember what was there too. Why is it so hard to remember??

There was a laundrette there for years but that might have been where the Chinese is now.

Does anybody remember what was on the corner before it became Oscars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Corrib Travel seems to be opening (relocating?) to Eyre Square, between Richardson's and Fibber's. Saw the signage while passing this evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement