Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Returned - Channel 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Has anyone else seen these teaser ads which Channel 4 and E4 have been running for the past week for a new zombie series/film that they are revealing tonight at 10:15pm?

It's caught my eye and I'm looking forward to seeing what it is.

Official website

Yes, Les Revenants french Zombie show with a score from Mogwai - retitled as "Rebound", looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Yeah, looks interesting. Hopefully if it's a success we will see more good foreign language programs on TV, this may be a starting point to get people used to subbed shows who otherwise wouldn't watch them. I know that BBC4 show a fair few (mainly crime dramas) but not many other stations do. If a show is quality then it should be shown regardless of subtitles or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

It's to be called 'The Returned' over here, here's Channel 4's page on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NathanDJ

Is this on tonight?? Ive just checked the listings for tv tonight on channel 4 and e4 and theres nothing in relation to this....anyone shed some light??

NathanDJ wrote: »
    Is this on tonight?? Ive just checked the listings for tv tonight on channel 4 and e4 and theres nothing in relation to this....anyone shed some light??

It's not on tonight, just being 'revealed' at 10:15pm, presumably during an ad break on the 10 O'Clock live show.

• Advertisement

It's not on tonight, just being 'revealed' at 10:15pm, presumably during an ad break on the 10 O'Clock live show.

Ah cool! Thanks Nutzz. Seems to be a
    Massive buzz about this.

So the teaser ads Channel 4 have been running were actually for a short film GiffGaff produced to promote the series and not from the actual series itself....that was a bit of a let down!

This is the trailer for the actual series;

So the teaser ads Channel 4 have been running were actually for a short film GiffGaff produced to promote the series and not from the actual series itself....that was a bit of a let down!

I agree....all the hype and we get an advert for a mobile network. Disappointing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Its gotten rave reviews.

The first season of French drama series The Returned (aka Les Revenants) will receive its UK premiere on Channel 4 on Sunday June 9th at 9pm, it has been announced.

• Advertisement

Watched the first episode awhile back and enjoyed it. Just got to make the time to watch the full season and anyone who doesn't fancy waiting till C4 airs it can find subtitled versions in all the usual places.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Starts tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Watched the first episode awhile back and enjoyed it. Just got to make the time to watch the full season and anyone who doesn't fancy waiting till C4 airs it can find subtitled versions in all the usual places.

According to the tv guide, this is French with English subtitles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I have they very good. Be something to watch in eves. Its french with english subtitles. Will just tape on sky.

Chucken wrote: »
    According to the tv guide, this is French with English subtitles.

Which is why I suggested people they get the subtitled versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Which is why I suggested people they get the subtitled versions.

Sorry, I misunderstood :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

c'est magnifique!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Not a massive fan of supernatural stuff but I found it interesting enough. Will stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

I enjoyed that, I liked how they didn't really go with any obvious plot exposition dialogue, just leaving you to infer meaning from the scene.

eg.
    That Camille/Léna were twins and Camille hadn't aged, or that the meeting was for the kids' parents. No need for a big "Dealing with loss" placard in the room or anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Watched this last night. Very chilling and unnerving atmosphere.
    I'm hooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

almighty1 wrote: »
    Watched this last night. Very chilling and unnerving atmosphere.
    I'm hooked.

Chilling is the right word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Great series so far. Was worried that I wouldn't get in to it due to subtitles.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It starts well but goes to ****e about 5 episodes in. Really disappointing fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It starts well but goes to ****e about 5 episodes in. Really disappointing fare.

Thanks for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Birneybau wrote: »
    Thanks for that...

Why doesn't he/she just lock the thread and have done with it? I mean, I'm on the fence regarding this after one episode, (I didn't care for 'victor'), but let people enjoy it if they want, while they can.

And a moderator also, this is not very exemplary, is it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

They're only a user in this forum, not a mod. And he only gave his opinion on the series. You may very well enjoy the whole thing. Nothing has been spoiled for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

humanji wrote: »
    They're only a user in this forum, not a mod. And he only gave his opinion on the series. You may very well enjoy the whole thing. Nothing has been spoiled for you.

I guess we will find that out in four sundays time, when episode 5 airs. I still consider the post to be mean-spirited.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm not sure what mean by mean spirited - that I had a negative opinion on it or that I expressed it before you've had a chance to form your own?
    I don't think I've spoiled anything in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

I'm not sure what mean by mean spirited - that I had a negative opinion on it or that I expressed it before you've had a chance to form your own?

The thread title refers to Channel 4 which has only shown one episode.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Mod Edit: Game of Thrones Spoiler

Just be glad you didnt mention
    a certain Red Wedding or you'd be beheaded here and your head then stuff back on your torso....oops

Advertisement