Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lovely Budget Mech Mod

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

That is cool, and neat too. What connection? standard 510?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Yep, standard 510. No eGO cone threading.

Just ordered one :D From iVapour elixir. Might try the atty you have there too, never tried dripping and keep meaning to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Very nice. I'm trying to decide between that Sigelei and the DS mod myself. The kanger twist set I'm using at the moment is too long for using in public IMO.

How long is it total in 18350 mode with the atty and drip tip ?

I've seen a couple of vids on youtube that show it in mini mode, you could conceal it pretty much in your hand, with just the atty sticking out - it will depend on the atty you're using.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    Very nice. I'm trying to decide between that Sigelei and the DS mod myself. The kanger twist set I'm using at the moment is too long for using in public IMO.

How long is it total in 18350 mode with the atty and drip tip ?

Just under 12cm with the setup above. I'll post up some comparison pics a little later with a zmax telescope and a provari mini for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

quintron wrote: »
    My first mechanical mod ...and I love it!
    It is tiny and it's hitting like a train and vaping great with El Toro Puros and a 1.4 Ohm coil.

Sigelei #20 (with hot spring) - 37 euro from vaperus
    Smok Mini RDA Dripping Atomizer - 7.25 euro from TBS
    Drip Tip - Can't remember where..
    Fantastic budget mech stealth vape :D

8872114757_4c59550c15_c.jpg
    Sigelei #20 mechanical mod with Smok mini RDA Dripping Atomizer and Drip Tip

8872132647_b739d5679a_c.jpg
    Sigelei #20 mechanical mod with Smok mini RDA Dripping Atomizer and Drip Tip in hand

Nice set-up there dude.looks sweet.

Just ordered one :D From iVapour elixir. Might try the atty you have there too, never tried dripping and keep meaning to.

Cagey it's a must!Best vaping experience I've had so far has been with the IGO-L.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Cagey it's a must!Best vaping experience I've had so far has been with the IGO-L.

And just to point out my fav thing about the IGO-L, it's dirt cheap. Delieverd for less than 15 euros.

• Advertisement

Yep, IGO-L is great. The new smok mini though at €7.25 is even better value as an entry RBA and its slightly easier to re-coil (like Phoenix), not that it's rocket science or anything anyway... But if you're paying a fiver for a 510 or 306 atty, it's worth a look. You do have to invest in some kanthal and silica also I suppose but that's cheapest in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

quintron wrote: »
    Yep, IGO-L is great. The new smok mini though at €7.25 is even better value as an entry RBA and its slightly easier to re-coil (like Phoenix), not that it's rocket science or anything anyway... But if you're paying a fiver for a 510 or 306 atty, it's worth a look. You do have to invest in some kanthal and silica also I suppose but that's cheapest in the long run.
    Quiotron, do you know if the base of the smok rda is stainless steel or plated and is the mini the same width as an ego? Thinking of getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Quiotron, do you know if the base of the smok rda is stainless steel or plated and is the mini the same width as an ego? Thinking of getting one.

The Width is almost exactly the same as an ego and it looks really good with a thread cover. However I would not recommend using any RDA with an ego as it gets extremely hot and will probably fry the battery electronics, ego batts are just not really up to the low resistance coils either.

That Smok looks like a stainless top cap with a chromed base, however I have a fully stainless steel mini RDA and Aluminium one (don't think its smok though) I'm sure the OP will enlighten us on the guts of his one ;)

Gonna keep an eye out for that Sigelei, really tidy looking mod. Hows the switch on it ? .. is there wires inside, LED electronics etc ... or does it just push to connect to a center post.

I hear what your saying about using low resistance on an ego, but... for the last few weeks I have been using a 1.2ohm coil in an a7 on an ego c and kanger battery. The ego is set at 3.3v and puts out 2.9v under load, which according to Mr. Ohm and his crazy laws would be 7 watts and 2.4amps.
    Not very high I know but still gives a decent vape considering the size. The kanger is fixed at 3.7v and under a 1.2ohm load is putting out 3.3volts.
    Thats 9watts (and only 2.75amps) of vaping pleasure!! :-) and its tiny! Dont know what the amp limit of the kanger is but it hasnt kicked in yet and I chain vape the fecker. I gets slighty warm but I think most of that heat is transferred from the a7.
    What Im doing could be dangerous and I dont recommend doing it but...:-) its working for me.
    You might not consider 1.2ohms low but its low enough for me. Im using 4 wraps of .25 kanthal on a doubled up 2mm silica wick.
    Whats the worst that can happen, I fry a cheap ego?

The only thing that puts me off the Smok RDA is it hasn't a well like the IGO or Phoenix.I envisage leaky poos.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »

I'm away for a few days and don't have an eGo batt with me but I'm guessing that it would be pretty flush, diameter wise. It's quite small. It comes in black also so would look good on an eGo, potential battery draw issues notwithstanding..
    Re materials, I'm not a metallurgist but I'm guessing its a chrome plated base.. It is a cheapie after all. The +/- posts "look" brassy but also probably a cheap coat of something.
    I forgot to say they include a spare pre-made wick/coil setup with it also which I think is also good for someone getting into coil building. They can mess around with an additional coil before they build one. Or modify the existing one (less wraps!) They both came in at 2 Ohms on my provari.
    was.deevey wrote: »
    Gonna keep an eye out for that Sigelei, really tidy looking mod. Hows the switch on it ? .. is there wires inside, LED electronics etc ... or does it just push to connect to a center post.

I'm far from a mech expert, but from what I've seen its a decent clone and has a nice heft to it, and yes, it's all mech.
    Mech switch etc, no wires, a la UDT-L for example.
    Switch seems solid, a little spongy but no complaints. Though I have SFA to compare it to in terms of mechanicals. I'm guessing its a clone of the dingo or something? Someone correct me, I'm probably wrong!
    Cheers,
    Q.
    The only thing that puts me off the Smok RDA is it hasn't a well like the IGO or Phoenix.I envisage leaky poos.
    Yep, it's a 5-7 drip job. No well there. But it's also pretty small and the wider surface area gives a better vape (for me anyway) than a 510 or a 306. So, I guess I see it as RBA step-up atty thats very close to a 510 price. YMMV!

My Smok Mini RDA arrived this morning. That's thebestshop for ya, always faster than anyone else. So still awaiting the sigelei, but just tried the atty on my Vamo. I had to prime it a bit before getting a good vape, I guess I probably should have washed it before use? but I'm too impatient. What's a few mouthfuls of icky eh? :D It's vaping lovely now. At some point I'll have to try a rebuild. I got one spare ready built extra wick with it, which was nice. They also sent me 2 spare heads for my Kanger pro because I complained that one I got with the kit was a dud.

Anyway, the connection/base on the smok mini is chrome plated by looks of it, while the body is SS.

[edit] sorry, didn't see the above post, I replied from the last page ;)

quintron, do you find the smok RDA to have a very tight draw? Mine has, can't seem to get any air in there at all. The hole is teensy, and I've seen some online that have a hole on the base, mine doesn't - just a pin-hole in the side. Seen others drill out that hole a bit bigger, which I could do if I had some way to hold the thing steady enough. No bench or vice of any kind. The Kanger pro is out-vaping it by far atm.

You can hold it if you have a vice grips, put a cloth on it and squeeze it onto a table. Hope that makes sence!

Yup, got a vice-grips, and get what you mean ;) going to try it in the morn. What size hole would you recommend? Hope I've got some skinny bits in my set.

• Advertisement

I did a 1.5mm hole in the rsst and it was too big for my liking but Im geting used to it. If you can, start with the smallest bit and work your way up. 1.2mm would have done on the rsst.

Will see what sizes I got, cheers. I might be an airy-draw man, as I find the kanger pro great, when the heads behave! where others say it's way too airy. I also love the way it crackles :D ... easily amused me. Unfortunately I've already had to have some replacements sent - kudos to thebestshop for that, they sent them out right away. One was giving me a reading of 9.9ohms! and pissing liquid everywhere. Actually, it was just the one acting up but they did send 2.

Hey Cagey. Are you lining up the air hole with the coil? It does make a difference IMHO.
    Also, I made a new coil to get lower ohm and less wick, more airflow etc.
    For me working fine and draw just right (again, for me) .
    Draw will be bad also if there is too much juice in there.
    You could always recoil the existing one and take out a couple of those wicks. I'd do that before drilling out the hole. Hope that helps!

It was working better earlier, so you might be right on too much juice. that's the n00b dripper in me :) if I get a dry/burny hit I start pumping more in.

I am going to attempt a fiddle with it tomorrow before going to drill, I'm completely new to both dripping and any kind of rebuild outside of removing a wick from a Kanger :D

Cheers.

Sigelei arrived this morning, tis a dinky little thingy alright!

djnQiQI.jpg

Love it :)

It'll be even dinkier when I get my Igo-S atty to stick on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

How is the hit of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Very nice... that gap needs to go!

It hits pretty well, once you put in the hot spring that comes along with. The default one is crap, there's such a difference it's mad. Why they don't pre-install the hot spring??

Not much you can do about the gap, because of the build. The connection port on top is slightly raised up. Maybe someone with skills could machine it down? but, I don't really mind the gap.

Vlhz7QK.jpg

For some reason, none of my carts will work on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

The new Sigelei mods do look pretty. I have a '19' coming hopefully this week.

I keep being tempted by the Roller or Dingo but vape budget won't stretch quite that far...yet ;)

• Advertisement

I've been comparing this to the Vamo, say at low-ish watts/volts. Does anyone else who has the Sigelei think it's a little light on power? It feels like it hits similar to the Vamo at 4v at best. Is there something I can do to crank it?

Advertisement