Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloom in the park 2013

Options
  • 28-05-2013 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

2 euro off pre-booked on line tickets with code FIR13

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

shivers27 wrote: »
    2 euro off pre-booked on line tickets with code FIR13

Even better.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Ah didn't see that offer any where! Already booked for the 2 euro off. Better than nothing I suppose :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Well you have to buy the fruit, so probably works out about the same.

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Well you have to buy the fruit, so probably works out about the same.

Its 17 euro 50 cents admission to Bloom,when you factor in the cost of buying the strawberries.

I had a good stroll around Bloom for free yesterday.

Gonna be a cracker again this year.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

paddy147 wrote: »
    Even better.:)

Where can I get one of these? Will I not need the official brochure to present at the ticket desk? Can't see it on Keeling's website.

• Advertisement

Where can I get one of these? Will I not need the official brochure to present at the ticket desk? Can't see it on Keeling's website.

Buy some strawberries,voucher is in the pack.;)

The offer ended last week,but you might be lucky and still get a pack or 2 in Tesco or Supervalue.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Gra246

http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_offers.jsp?i=4606

"The easiest way to Bloom is by train. ....From Heuston Station.... take a FREE shuttle bus straight to Bloom. Shuttle buses depart from Parkgate Street, beside Heuston Station and will take you into the Phoenix Park (and back again). As a customer of Irish Rail, Bloom is offering Iarnród Éireann and Smartcard ticket holders a €2 discount on “Pay at the Gate” ticket prices. To avail of this special offer simply present your rail ticket or smartcard at the entrance when purchasing your Bloom day ticket." :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

paddy147 wrote: »
    Buy some strawberries,voucher is in the pack.;)

The offer ended last week,but you might be lucky and still get a pack or 2 in Tesco or Supervalue.

Went home at lunchtime to find 2 tickets to Bloom waiting for me! Won them on Lyric FM! Well pleased! :D

Congratulations - Hope you have a fab time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

Went home at lunchtime to find 2 tickets to Bloom waiting for me! Won them on Lyric FM! Well pleased! :D

"I will find you, and I will kill you":P

not really, but its a good movie quote!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mmagee

Anyone else think its really mean Bloom don't do concessions for the unemployed? Kids go free, overs 65s get a reduction, but nothing for the unemployed - only this morning I heard their PR on the radio talking about how gardening was becoming so important for many reasons during the recession. Its a pity their ticket prices don't reflection the fact there is a recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

mmagee wrote: »
    Anyone else think its really mean Bloom don't do concessions for the unemployed? Kids go free, overs 65s get a reduction, but nothing for the unemployed - only this morning I heard their PR on the radio talking about how gardening was becoming so important for many reasons during the recession. Its a pity their ticket prices don't reflection the fact there is a recession.

Why should unemployed get a discount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mmagee

Why should OAPs?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭ccull123

Why should children whilst we are at it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Why should OAPs?

Mooching war widows!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If anybody sees those strawberries I need two bushels!

Why should OAPs?

I didn't say they should. However I'd much rather see an OAP get a discount than a dole scrounger tbh.

I didn't say they should. However I'd much rather see an OAP get a discount than a dole scrounger tbh.

Do you want a brush for that sweeping statment :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

a gross generalisation if ever there was one. who says everyone on the dole is a scrounger?

Just won a couple of tickets courtesy of Billy Bubbles on twitter! :D So very happy.

Now - who to bring........

• Advertisement

a gross generalisation if ever there was one. who says everyone on the dole is a scrounger?

Ignorance is bliss.... Dont waste Ur energy mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Shocking ! and coming from a Mod.

If you can point out where I said everyone on the dole is a scrounger, I'll cede the point. I didn't say that, however. But I will say that looking for discounts because you have no job is the work of a scrounger. If you can't afford it, don't go. Or get a job. But don't blame the world for not giving you a discount because you're unemployed.

But I will say that looking for discounts because you have no job is the work of a scrounger. If you can't afford it, don't go. Or get a job. But don't blame the world for not giving you a discount.

So are stay at home mums & dads who look for discounts scroungers? What about someone, say, with mental health issues who does not 'work,' does not claim social welfare as they are not seeking paid employment & still looks for discounts? Is this scrounging?

What about the individual, trapped in a bullying relationship whereby they are unable to work because of lack of self-esteem - or because their partner prevents them from doing so? What about the recovering cancer patient, unable to make any claims - or the rehabilitated addict - or any one of the many 'unemployed' through no real choice of their own (whether they claim benefit or not)? .......

The world is not black & white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If you can point out where I said everyone on the dole is a scrounger, I'll cede the point. I didn't say that, however. But I will say that looking for discounts because you have no job is the work of a scrounger. If you can't afford it, don't go. Or get a job. But don't blame the world for not giving you a discount because you're unemployed.

firstly I'm not unemployed. to balance things. an OAP gets approximately the same money as an unemployed person.
    its equitable to discount for both groups.

as for not going..the same could be said for oaps.

you also said people not some people which narrows the band.

gives NW a large sweeping brush and rug:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Gra246 wrote: »
    So are stay at home mums & dads who look for discounts scroungers? What about someone, say, with mental health issues who does not 'work,' does not claim social welfare as they are not seeking paid employment & still looks for discounts? Is this scrounging?

What about the individual, trapped in a bullying relationship whereby they are unable to work because of lack of self-esteem - or because their partner prevents them from doing so? What about the recovering cancer patient, unable to make any claims - or the rehabilitated addict - or any one of the many 'unemployed' through no real choice of their own (whether they claim benefit or not)? .......

The world is not black & white.
    WTF? So are you saying that Bloom should give discounted tickets to all these people?

Do you have a definitive list of all the people you think should get discounts? I'm sure Bloom would be delighted if you sent it on to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm putting an end to this "dole scrounger" discussion here..

.. feel free to continue this discussion via PM but this is not the place for it!

No more chat about this below here.. or infractions and bans will be shelled out for ignoring this warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Anyway ... I'm heading off to Bloom now. Hope somebody got some benefit from the discount code :)

It was very busy yesterday on opening day.

One bit of advice...bring some sun cream and also bring a drink with you,as it will be hot,sticky and very crowded.

A cold bottle of water is a good idea to have with you.

Theres lots of freebies too,like yogurts,food,milk,fruit jiuces and wine samples.

Theres also 4 wheeled mobility scooters and wheelchairs available for free to any people that cant walk on their own and need assistance.

Hope you all enjoy Bloom 2013.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I see Ticketmaster have a typo on their Bloom page.....:eek:

"Adult Ticket with Promotional Disocunt Code"

Advertisement