Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bigger Girls: Are They More Popular than We Think?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm not skinny at all (size 14), but I hate when people say 'give me curves over skin and bones any day.'

Since when is it okay to judge women for being thin, by calling them 'skin and bones?' Some people are naturally thin, why do they deserve insult from people who happen to prefer slightly bigger women?

It's widely (no pun intended) seen as wrong to insult bigger women by calling them a fat ass, lard-arse, hippo or whatever else.

So why is it okay to call thinner women 'skin and bones, sticks, etc?' It shouldn't be.

Also, of course some men like bigger women, just like some men only like thin women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

If you can't lift it.
    Don't shift it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I'm not skinny at all (size 14), but I hate when people say 'give me curves over skin and bones any day.'

Since when is it okay to judge women for being thin, by calling them 'skin and bones?' Some people are naturally thin, why do they deserve insult from people who happen to prefer slightly bigger women?

It's widely (no pun intended) seen as wrong to insult bigger women by calling them a fat ass, lard-arse, hippo or whatever else.

So why is it okay to call thinner women 'skin and bones, sticks, etc?' It shouldn't be.

Also, of course some men like bigger women, just like some men only like thin women.

in the same way some women like smart men, some women dont too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

IM0 wrote: »
    no cause back in the day when life was just sex and reproduction and survival it was strong men with broad shoulders ect that got the girls usually and bred more, plus fat people are not nimble on their feet, which makes things difficult when you have to chase your food around to catch it for yourself her and the younglings to eat

let your instincts guide you to attraction not what the media tell you is attractive

Maybe but I'd say a fat girl has a better chance of getting laid than a fat bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Wattle wrote: »
    Maybe but I'd say a fat girl has a better chance of getting laid than a fat bloke.

That's because a bit girl has a big ass and boobs that a lot of men find attractive. Girls don't find the same features attractive on men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

There's a woman I know that's slightly on the large side and she's had more pr1cks than a second-hand dartboard. She's been married twice and is always with someone, so yeah, some men are definitely into large ladies.

And sure why the fcuk not, they're just like other ladies, only they jiggle more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

no cause back in the day when life was just sex and reproduction and survival it was strong men with broad shoulders ect that got the girls usually and bred more, plus fat people are not nimble on their feet, which makes things difficult when you have to chase your food around to catch it for yourself her and the younglings to eat

let your instincts guide you to attraction not what the media tell you is attractive
    and were programmed biologically like this too and have been for millions of years, evolution doesnt just change because we figured out how to farm and build supermarkets

look we are all built for sex and kids,
    and back in the day the best chance of finding a mate and her surving through childbirth and the rearing the kids was paramount to the survival of the species, the skinny girls just died. at the root of us it is biologially unattractive
    we are just machines to carry our genes to the next generation ;)
    there is nothing natural about human nature fat men were once considered attractive as it was a sign of wealth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

if you were to exclude the group of men who 'prefer' bigger women, would it be fair to say the rest of men who are with bigger women are with them only because they can't get a slimmer one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I think anyone who's secure in themselves won't mind admitting what they are attracted to, be it big women, small women or even gingers!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

I don't think women are as likely to let other people's opinions affect their decisions - not in regards to how a man looks anyway. In my opinion, women are more concerned about how a man handles himself socially. Men will be more likely to be embarrassed if they show off their other half who's not conventionally good looking, whereas women will usually be embarrassed only if the man is socially inept. It's generalising of course, but that's the way I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Mate of mine loves chunky girls. Enda is his name. I know he's reading this. Dirt bird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Wattle wrote: »
    Some men like big women but I've never once seen a thread about women's love for big fat men.
    The bitches! :eek::pac:
    As said, that's because bigger women can have nice feminine curves, which do it for a lot of men. Also, men's bodies in general don't get discussed as much as those of women... and it seems fat women get more abuse than fat men, so there are more angles to the topic than the one you mention.
    To answer the Op's question: No, no they are not.
    Maybe you mean no, you are not?

I think it's true. A lot of women have it in their head (thanks largely to mass media) that men exclusively go for skinny women (nothing wrong with that, by the way) but plenty of men can fancy women who are size 14 to 16 and bigger.
    I doubt many people fancy extremely obese people though, and that that's more of a fetishistic preference. Ditto extremely thin people.

As said, that's because bigger women can have nice feminine curves, which do it for a lot of men. Also, men's bodies in general don't get discussed as much as those of women... and it seems fat women get more abuse than fat men, so there are more angles to the topic than the one you mention.

Maybe you mean no, you are not?

I think it's true. A lot of women have it in their head (thanks largely to mass media) that men exclusively go for skinny women (nothing wrong with that, by the way) but plenty of men can fancy women who are size 14 to 16 and bigger.
    I doubt many people fancy extremely obese people though, and that that's more of a fetishistic preference. Ditto extremely thin people.

nope meant what i said first time :pac:

i think the mass media angle gets over played too, bigger women often like to blame the media etc for not making them seem appealing enough. fact is magazines, films etc play to a market, they can drive a market also but to a lesser extent i would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

As said, that's because bigger women can have nice feminine curves, which do it for a lot of men. Also, men's bodies in general don't get discussed as much as those of women... and it seems fat women get more abuse than fat men, so there are more angles to the topic than the one you mention

So you're saying that my big floppy man titties won't get me any hot lovin action? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

In fairness, fat girls are gross. So are fat men.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Seriously?!

It's not even her weight that bothers me, it's the general slouchyness she gives off about not being arsed about anything in her life. I'd imagine some guy there, pluggin away like the clappers, and Roseanne is just channel surfing. Really off putting mental image in fact.

And yet that woman who can't be arsed about anything has managed to have a long running career, netting her €50 million. Not bad for someone who just slouches around, channel surfing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I know that people have different tastes and the like and that tons of people like obese women/men, but i couldn't ever see myself being attracted to someone like that who can't take care of themselves properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I tend not to spend my time thinking about other mens preference in women.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Im with you to a point with serena, but rosanna she is a bit of a gilf though!

Yeah I have to say, I saw her on a show about women in comedy a while back, and I did a double take, she looks amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm always afraid I'll snap slim girls so I go with the superior specimens. Never met a slim girl with a calm personality though, odd that.

Wouldn't you agree though that there are far more men interested in size 16 women than mass media/popular culture would seem to indicate? I'm not talking about men fancying massively obese women, but "chubbier" women.

i honestly dont think so! i think all other things being equal and given a choice the vast majority of men would picker the slimmer of two women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

I'm always afraid I'll snap slim girls so I go with the superior specimens. Never met a slim girl with a calm personality though, odd that.

Are you calm when you are constantly starving? I know I'm not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

i honestly dont think so! i think all other things being equal and given a choice the vast majority of men would picker the slimmer of two women.
    I'm probably the fussiest bastard on the face of the earth when it comes to fancying women, but the one thing that doesn't affect who I am attracted to is their dress size? Funny that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I'm probably the fussiest bastard on the face of the earth when it comes to fancying women, but the one thing that doesn't affect who I am attracted to is their dress size? Funny that?

To be honest I would never go for a bigger woman . It's just that I don't find It attractive .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

I'd say 70% of my relationships have been with 'larger ladies' I find they tend have a better sense of humour, love hugs and kisses, and generally are good fun to be with. I always say it's what's inside that counts, you don't eat the wrapper on a chocolate do you ?! Skinny girls have thier merits of course, but I like something I can hold when I cuddle, not something you don't know your holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JenEffy

Are you calm when you are constantly starving? I know I'm not.

Most slim girl don't starve themselves, FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Fat girls no chance, but a big arse and thighs with a small waist... hubba hubba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin world go round yeah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Thoie wrote: »
    And yet that woman who can't be arsed about anything has managed to have a long running career, netting her €50 million. Not bad for someone who just slouches around, channel surfing.
    absolutely. a beacon of hope for slobs everywhere is roseanne.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement