Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bigger Girls: Are They More Popular than We Think?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Usually pretty obvious what overweight is.

The thread would indicate a wide range of opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

just as damaging ya but much less of a problem then obosity

I can see why you'd think that laoch, because eating disorders aren't as visually obvious as obesity, but the idea that eating disorders are much less of a problem than obesity? Obesity isn't a disorder; anorexia on the other hand, is. It's just that again the whole "thinspiration" movement is buried a hell of a lot more underground than the more obvious obesity problem-

This is why even bodywhys themselves admit that trying to get statistics for the extent of the problem proves rather difficult-
    The statistics available on the prevalence of eating disorders are limited, and in many ways unreliable because of the very nature of eating disorders. The majority of these statistics are based on small-scale studies and inpatient records. Basing statistics on inpatient records can be particularly problematic, because of the limitation that the statistics refer only to those who have sought out treatment, and been admitted with a specific diagnosis. Those working in the area of eating disorders will acknowledge that the process of diagnosis is more often than not a lot less clear-cut than may be reflected in a statistic.

(I don't like applying statistics to human beings myself, but for those that think statistics are the bees knees):

Statistics specifically relevant to Ireland are limited.

The Department of Health estimates that up to 200,000 people in Ireland may be affected by eating disorders. An estimated 400 new cases emerge each year, representing 80 deaths annually.

According to a 2007 study of Irish children and adolescents, 1.2% of Irish girls may be at risk of developing anorexia nervosa, with 2% at risk of developing bulimia nervosa.

Based on the KIDSCREEN study of children in thirteen countries, Irish children aged 12-18 ranked twelfth out of the thirteen countries in terms of self-perception score.

HRB data shows that in the case of child and adolescent psychiatric admissions in Ireland in 2008, eating disorders represented the second highest level of diagnosis at 18%.

Source: http://www.bodywhys.ie/media/stats-facts/

Obesity is not a medical disorder-

Obesity has been linked to numerous adverse physical health conditions, such as type II diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea (Bray, 2003) and certain types of cancer (Bianchini, Kaaks, & Vainio, 2002), as well as to mental health conditions such as depression (Onyike, Crum, Lee, Lyketsos, & Eden, 2003). However, the nature of many of those linkages is by no means clear, and some obese individuals are in good physical and mental health (Bacon, Stern, Van Loan & Keim, 2005). Although a Body Mass Index (BMI) above 30 kg/m2 places some individuals at risk for physical problems, there is not a one-to-one causal relationship between obesity and these disorders (Campos, Saguy, Ernsberger, Oliver, & Gaesser, 2006). Specific to mental health conditions (e.g., depression), the fact that many individuals who are seen as obese live in societies where obesity is stigmatized seems a clear indication that in at least some cases, an individual’s mental health concerns result not from obesity but from this stigmatization (Campos, et al., 2006; Crandall & Biernat, 1990; Oliver & Lee, 2005). For this reason, it seems contradictory to classify obesity itself as a form of pathology....

The proposal to list obesity as a mental disorder seems to flow from the stigmatizing of obese people (Wang, Brownell, & Wadden, 2004), because it attributes maladaptive psychological traits to all obese individuals. Introducing a diagnosis of obesity in the DSM is potentially harmful, considering that the condition is not always caused by behavior, emotion, or cognition and is often not causally related to mental illness.

Source: http://www.awpsych.org/index.php/bias-in-psychiatric-diagnosis-dsm-v-portal/74-bias-in-psychiatric-diagnosis-dsm-v/bias-in-psychiatric-diagnosis-dsm-v/100-should-obesity-be-called-a-mental-illness

Is there a place for obesity in DSM-V?

OBJECTIVE: To revisit the merits and problems inherent in considering obesity, or some aspect of obesity, as a mental or behavioral disorder...

CONCLUSION: An attempt to devise diagnostic criteria based on the above models raises multiple difficulties, since the phenomena central to each model are dimensional, common, and variably associated with distress or dysfunction. A detailed understanding of the neurobiological relationships among eating behavior, reward systems, and affect regulation systems will enable a more meaningful consideration of these models and will facilitate specific treatment for disorders of overeating.

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17683083/

Anorexia, on the other hand, is a mental disorder with the highest fatality rate of all mental disorders; some more statistics-

Source: http://www.eatingdisorderhope.com/information/statistics-studies

So to say anorexia is much less of a problem than obesity is clearly misguided. Morbid obesity is just a more visually obvious problem is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Obese and very underweight people are usually easy to identify. When someone is slightly but not significantly overweight, that's where the confusion starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Sir Isaac Newton explained the attraction of the larger woman in his 3rd law:

Actioni contrariam semper et æqualem esse reactionem: sive corporum duorum actiones in se mutuo semper esse æquales et in partes contrarias dirigi.

To wit, banging someone of a mass similiar to your own produces better results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I like your..... Personality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I just Googled "The history of the thigh gap" and all that comes up is "new craze" "new obsession" "new dangerous obsession amongst teens" so I have to call bull**** on this being an always thing.
    Whereas googling "hour glass figure in women in history" comes up with pages and pages of documentation in history.
    It's not a fertility thing, it's a symbol of starvation and control in the fashion industry. How could it possibly be a symbol of fertility, women wore skirts and covered this area for centuries!

From a quick google peruse there seems to be two types of thigh gap. The triangle shaped one present on some "thick" women with nice hips, then a gap that separates the legs all the way the way to the ground. One looks fcukin awesome, the other looks like a side effect of a very very low bodyweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Gap, hips to waist ratio, BMI??? Feck all that. I'd be more drawn to a pretty face tbh. Some girls can be a bit over weight but still have a nice face. Likewise, some girls can have great figures but wouldn't actually be very attractive.

Yeah I agree, the first place most people look at to see if someone is attractive to them or not is the face, a person might have a great body but if they fell out of the ugly tree as regards looks they probably won't be as popular with the opposite sex.

That Nikki Grahame from BB comes to mind.

Smidge wrote: »
    I knew a girl who would put fresh make up on going to bed with her boyfriend so that "when they woke up she would still look good" :eek:

Same girl would not burp, fart, use the bathroom or shower in front of him.

Jesus! :eek: Her pillowcases must be manky :)

It's an occasion when they see me with more than mascara ON!

That said I wouldn't burp, fart or sit on the loo in front of anyone, but I wouldn't mind being in the shower. Unless there was some complicated shaving procedure going on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Obese and very underweight people are usually easy to identify. When someone is slightly but not significantly overweight, that's where the confusion starts.

+1

And so many people are.

In no small part because of how women's bodies are constantly scrutinized and how being slim seems to be valued more than any other trait a woman can possess.

I've a cousin who suffers with bulimia and never stops receiving compliments for her "fabulous figure" - she's nowhere close to underweight but has a pathological fear of "getting big".

I used to have an eating disorder and at my sickest I still registered as "healthy" on the BMI charts. I'm 5 "1 and curvy and have no business weighing the same as a child, and yet a significant amount of people thought I looked "amazing".

Seriously, 25 pages and growing on this? The scrutiny on women's bodies is fcuking ridiculous. Would we see a similar thread on men's bodies - "bigger boys: are they more popular than we think?" - with the same attention to detail and hmming and hawing over trouser size/chest measurements/is-he-isn't-he-fat-versus-"well built" / the fcuking gap between his thighs is the reason women go weak at the knees / "no, skinny men are repulsive" yada yada yada yada ad nauseum?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Boofle

My friend's husband used to keep a picture of her in his wallet from around the time they first got together - when she was a size 10. Over the years she put on a bit of weight and probably went up to a size 14 at most. He used to pull out the photo the odd time (in front of people) and tell her she looked best at that size. . . . And she would agree and was always trying to lose weight - but more for him than for herself.

They are no longer married but the effect of his constant comments about her weight still affect her. To this day she won't wear jeans as he always told her she looked big in them. A woman's relationship with her weight can be very fraught - constantly worried about what other people think. Most of my friends are on a permanent diet and intense exercise regime and are just not happy with their figures - even though they are very slim. It's worrying - as other posters have pointed out when will we ever see a big thread discussing whether bigger/fatter men are more popular than we think?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭leewarden

Boofle wrote: »
    My friend's husband used to keep a picture of her in his wallet from around the time they first got together - when she was a size 10. Over the years she put on a bit of weight and probably went up to a size 14 at most. He used to pull out the photo the odd time (in front of people) and tell her she looked best at that size. . . . And she would agree and was always trying to lose weight - but more for him than for herself.

They are no longer married but the effect of his constant comments about her weight still affect her. To this day she won't wear jeans as he always told her she looked big in them. A woman's relationship with her weight can be very fraught - constantly worried about what other people think. Most of my friends are on a permanent diet and intense exercise regime and are just not happy with their figures - even though they are very slim. It's worrying - as other posters have pointed out when will we ever see a big thread discussing whether bigger/fatter men are more popular than we think?!

Maybe the answer to your last question is men are more shallow than women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Well, he was a tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Candie wrote: »
    Jesus! :eek: Her pillowcases must be manky :)

It's an occasion when they see me with more than mascara ON!

That said I wouldn't burp, fart or sit on the loo in front of anyone, but I wouldn't mind being in the shower. Unless there was some complicated shaving procedure going on :)

She was with this guy for over a year so not just a "hiding the flaws" (which both sexes do imo at the start of a relationship).

I always wondered about

No 1: The symantics of it, like did they never have a few beers and a curry together? Surely after a year together, they must have? So how would she have avoided burping after beer and curry?

No 2: The pressure she must have been putting herself under. Surely any guy worth his salt and who was genuinely interested in her would not have died of shock if she had of burped (and I'm not talking Barney Gumble here:D). Surely he would have liked it if she was "herself" and not someone watching every move she made?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Had this conversation with a Dj while out tonight and all he said was......

Diet coke and a pizza please
    diet coke im on my knees screamin
    Big Girls you are beautiful

disclaimer * conversation may or may not have occurred *

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I'm short with a size 12 hourglass shape - narrow waist, big boobs, big hips and a big bottom, but I do carry some weight on my stomach as well.

Technically not hourglass then, as true hourglasses won't have an ounce of belly fat. An hourglass figure is very rare, I think!*

* This isn't really meant to be critical, it's just a lot of women describe themselves as hourglass. If it was so common, it wouldn't be so idealised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

BMI is pretty rubbish for telling if you're over or under weight.

Disagree. For anyone who isn't a pro athlete, it's a pretty darn good indicator. Even people who exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Disagree. For anyone who isn't a pro athlete, it's a pretty darn good indicator. Even people who exercise.

Indicator of what? I'm teetering between the "overweight" and "obese" classifications according to BMI, while my brother is a healthy weight. He does no exercise whatsoever, while I play rugby from August to April and this year I'm training for Gaelforce West. I'm fitter, faster, stronger and get sick less than my brother, and thanks to his nicotine habit, I can realistically expect to outlive him even though I'm three years older. What's the value of BMI if it fails to take any of this into account and simply tells us that he's fine and I desperately need to lose weight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I seem to mention the fact that I live in Spain in every post I make, so sorry about this! :) Living in Madrid has been a real eye opener for me in relation to this and how weight is a national obession for women here. On the other extreme of obesity, I see at least one women visibly suffering from an eating disorder walking down the street on a daily basis and are so far gone they genuinely look like they should be hospitalised. Shocking is not the word. You'd expect it to be only young women but as one of my friends pointed out the other day, it's common enough to see middle-aged women in that state also. It's so sad.

I teach adults English and I've lost count at how many times my adult female students of all ages have talked about diets and how fat they were (they're almost all about a size 6-8). This week, in the space of two classes I had one discussion with one group about the Dukan diet and another student from another group (practising the grammatical structure "I wish + past simple") telling me she wishes she was thin more than anything (she's my size which is a 10).

I had one obese student (different company) who went on some mental diet and came into class everyday, barely able to string a sentence together. I'd another student (from another company) basically starving herself for her wedding when she was already very slim. She was the same - she could barely speak in class or do anything.

My best friend here gives classes to an anorexic 9-year-old. :(

I could go on and give you more examples of the madness of weight obsession in this city (possibly country although I don't know) In Ireland I think we're extremely lucky that diversity in size is accepted because it certainly isn't here. You have men on this thread expressing their desire for a variety of sizes and I'm personally delighted to read that.

Since moving here, I have days where I think I'm humungous (I've always been a size 8-12 in my adulthood). I don't think I've ever thought that way until I moved and integrated here. Subconciously it's had an effect on me, even though I am happy with what I see 97% of the time in the mirror. IN fact, because of the hot weather and the fact that I show more flesh, I'm probably more comfortable with myself in that respect than I was. I have ridiculously irrational moments sometimes though. My boyfriend is Spanish and he's always expressed his desire for my bum and boobs, something which aren't so common here hence why he has always had a thing for foreign women (like the other Spanish guy I mentioned who liked big women), so the pressure I sometimes feel is not from men.

I'd hate to see Ireland go the way of Spain (or at least Madrid...can't speak about the rest of the country). Yes, Ireland has a problem with obesity and I'm not condoning that and it needs to be fixed but it'd be horrible to see it go the other way. At least in Ireland we have more acceptance for varying sizes unlike a city where a size 12 is considered chubby. I had a Spanish friend who was half Irish in Dublin who told me that was one thing she loved about Ireland - the fact that you weren't judged so harshly about your appearance. I'd say let's strive to keep it that way. It's certainly one thing I miss about home.

Edit: And just to add, this pressure is among women. Men don't come into this at all as far as I can see. Men seem to have no problems with women of any size here and if they're hot, they get attention. Skinny, big, average...whatever. I think if men knew half of what goes on, they'd be appalled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

IM0 wrote: »
    look she carries her weight around her hips, she is not over weight. if she had that weight around her stomach and as a belly then we might have some common ground. if it was there then she would be unhealthy too. over weight means **** all if you dont know about where the weight is distributed and the consequences of health on where is it. also look at her arms, shes not over weight certainly no excess fat there, just like itwasntme pic earlier she was a beautifull pear shape.

in simple terms:

weight on hips = good and healthy :) aka pear shaped

weight on stomach [aka belly] = bad :( not healthy leading to obesity and potentially fatal [fat around the organs is what matters in this, thats the killer, and where are the organs located, hips?, thighs is it?

YOU are in fact talking rubbish, but youre allowed an opinion unfortunately :(

While most of this is true, just because YOU like how she Carries her weight doesn't change the fact that she is overweight. It doesn't meant she's unhealthy but I think she's definitely overweight. And if we are talking about only the aesthetics, people vary in tastes, as this and other threads like this have proven time and time again, to someone who is not into wide hips and all of that, she is most definitely not attractive.

• Advertisement

IM0 wrote: »
    look she carries her weight around her hips, she is not over weight. if she had that weight around her stomach and as a belly then we might have some common ground. if it was there then she would be unhealthy too. over weight means **** all if you dont know about where the weight is distributed and the consequences of health on where is it. also look at her arms, shes not over weight certainly no excess fat there, just like itwasntme pic earlier she was a beautifull pear shape.

I was going to ignore this, but the more I read it the more it bugs the fcuk out of me. Honestly IMO I think it's your argument has gone pear shaped. She HAS that weight around her stomach. It's just that wearing a corset her those ridiculous football breasts and oversize hips, because the excess fat has to go somewhere.

in simple terms:

weight on hips = good and healthy :) aka pear shaped

In even simpler terms- gravitys a bitch, and the more fat (I made the distinction there between fat and weight on purpose, show you why in a minute) you carry ANYWHERE on your body, the harder it's going to be to move your body around, so your organs like the lungs and heart have to work harder to get you from A to B, because gravity doesn't want you going anywhere. That's what weight is, or to put the physics of it in even simpler terms for you-

Force = Mass x Acceleration.

Gravity a constant, so in order for your body to work less, your mass needs to be reduced, making it easier for your body to overcome the force of gravity, create momentum, and propel itself forward, backward, even up!

weight on stomach [aka belly] = bad :( not healthy leading to obesity and potentially fatal [fat around the organs is what matters in this, thats the killer, and where are the organs located, hips?, thighs is it?

Your vital organs are located up in your chest behind your diaphram, not down where your large and small intestines are. You have fat around all your organs anyway, in fact you NEED fat around your organs, but like everything else in life- how much is too much? It's too much when your organs are having to work harder and harder to achieve the same result of overcoming gravitational force on your body and getting you from A to B.

Abdominal obesity has many different causes and just as many associated myths, but the one thing that IS known about it, is that when you sit down, it increases the pressure on your vital organs and decreases their capacity to function properly, ie- you can't get as much volume of air in your lungs, therefore your body isn't getting as much oxygen as it needs, therefore your heart has to work harder to pump what little oxygen it's getting into the bloodstream around your body.

You stand up, and again gravity fcuks with you because your vital organs and your muscles have to work harder to shift your body from A to B. This is a lot easier to do if you have a lower centre of gravity, ie- fat deposits on your hips rather than your abdomen.

YOU are in fact talking rubbish, but youre allowed an opinion unfortunately :(

Indeed.

This isn't rocket science either btw, this is only secondary school first year science- biology, physics and chemistry, and had you been listening in class you would know this stuff.

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    While most of this is true, just because YOU like how she Carries her weight doesn't change the fact that she is overweight. It doesn't meant she's unhealthy but I think she's definitely overweight. And if we are talking about only the aesthetics, people vary in tastes, as this and other threads like this have proven time and time again, to someone who is not into wide hips and all of that, she is most definitely not attractive.

I just don't like her man's chin (the masculine jawline) nor her breasts that are lifted and squeezed almost beyond recognition as breasts, so for me as least those are the reasons I wouldn't find her aesthetically pleasant, and I'm a guy who likes a girl with wide, shapely hips.

Mila Kunis would be the complete opposite to Christina Hendricks and I would find her far more aesthetically pleasant, much much easier on the eye and much more feminine than Hendricks who is only renowned for her ridiculous looking breasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I was going to ignore this, but the more I read it the more it bugs the fcuk out of me. Honestly IMO I think it's your argument has gone pear shaped. She HAS that weight around her stomach. It's just that wearing a corset her those ridiculous football breasts and oversize hips, because the excess fat has to go somewhere.

I just don't like her man's chin (the masculine jawline) nor her breasts that are lifted and squeezed almost beyond recognition as breasts, so for me as least those are the reasons I wouldn't find her aesthetically pleasant, and I'm a guy who likes a girl with wide, shapely hips.

Mila Kunis would be the complete opposite to Christina Hendricks and I would find her far more aesthetically pleasant, much much easier on the eye and much more feminine than Hendricks who is only renowned for her ridiculous looking breasts.

Wow. Pretty harsh on the girl there.

I'd be large chested myself (probably around the same size as Hendricks, possibly even bigger) and would hate them to be described as ridiculous and football shaped.

It seems women just can't win....flat chested, large chested, skinny, fat...hell, even our jawlines can be used against us! If someone isn't attractive to you personally, fair enough, but insults like that aren't really necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'd be large chested myself (probably around the same size as Hendricks, possibly even bigger) and would hate them to be described as ridiculous and football shaped.

It seems women just can't win....flat chested, large chested, skinny, fat...hell, even our jawlines can be used against us! If someone isn't attractive to you personally, fair enough, but insults like that aren't really necessary.

I think he was more saying that the way she's sucked into industrial strength knickers/corsets tends to distort how her breasts look. God know when I wear a corset, I have boobs up to my neck. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I think her boobs are great and they're 100% natural. I'd imagine even if she was smaller, her boobs would still be massive.

I think (or I hope) he means how they're squashed up like that.

Oh I hadn't meant it to come across harshly, it was more an observation than anything seeing as we were using Christina Hendricks as a barometer for what is or isn't aesthetically pleasant.

I mean, my wife has 36GG breasts, but you wouldn't notice them as much because they're usually tucked into a bra as opposed to being pushed up and tucked under her chin like she's got tweedle dum and tweedle dee hiding down there.

I just wouldn't consider Christina's fashion sense very flattering for her figure is all, but again that's my own personal and subjective opinion, and again her strong jawline is something I wouldn't find attractive either, because I find heart shaped faces more attractive than the defined jawline and high cheekbones, that's not meant to be a criticism, it's just a matter of personal taste, which has no set standard.

My own best advice to anyone would be to stop comparing themselves to others and stop listening to people and the media telling them what they should look like. As long as you are happy with yourself, there are a hell of a lot worse things that can happen to you than putting on a few pounds here and there.

The only reason I have to watch my own weight and have come down from 17st to 14st in the last year is because my body is riddled with arthritis and the extra weight was putting extra pressure on my joints, muscles, organs, etc. It wasn't because I was unhappy with my appearance. So unless you have a medical reason to lose weight, I wouldn't lose low sleep over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I'm a girl but I like slim girls. Being skinny doesn't always mean being skin and bones.

MomijiHime wrote: »
    I'm a girl but I like slim girls. Being skinny doesn't always mean being skin and bones.

This is the Internet. Moderate, common sense opinions such as yours have no place here; extreme opinions only please and thank you; with a good mix of trolling, confusion and frustration thrown in just to cloud the discussion even more!

Only kidding, carry on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Czarcasm wrote: »
    This is the Internet. Moderate, common sense opinions such as yours have no place here; extreme opinions only please and thank you; with a good mix of trolling, confusion and frustration thrown in just to cloud the discussion even more!

Only kidding, carry on! :D

^.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

If I were a man or a lesbian, the hottest look in my opinion would be slim and extremely curvy, like that Latina gal out of Modern Family: hubba hubba!

To hell with it, even though I'm not a man or a lesbian, I'd probably do her. Smokalicious!

http://cdn.imnotobsessed.com/wp-content/uploads/sofia-vergara_50895598.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

beks101 wrote: »
    +1

And so many people are.

In no small part because of how women's bodies are constantly scrutinized and how being slim seems to be valued more than any other trait a woman can possess.

I used to have an eating disorder and at my sickest I still registered as "healthy" on the BMI charts. I'm 5 "1 and curvy and have no business weighing the same as a child, and yet a significant amount of people thought I looked "amazing".

Seriously, 25 pages and growing on this? The scrutiny on women's bodies is fcuking ridiculous.

I'm 5 ft 1 and at the minimum weight for my height but I don't look like a child. On the one hand, you're criticising the speculation and judgement of women's bodies and on the other you're insulting naturally thin women. Now I realise there is a difference in that you had an eating disorder and therefore you weren't naturally this thin but I do not have an eating disorder and yet the implication is that I weigh the same as a child, have no business doing so and the bmi scale is wrong to tell me I'm healthy.

This thread is doing my head in. People are lamenting the constant scrutiny of the female body and then perpetuating it themselves! Some people are naturally skinny, some are naturally heavy and there's plenty in between. Unless your health is being adversely affected, live and let live!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement