Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster fans thank Ulster fans

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Absolutely if I was from Ulster, pat on the head - well done mate ye're great craic - as long as we won.

Ulster have not won anything this year after all the ruckus of the new manager coming. If they had a bigger stadium I have no doubt they would have won this one - no ref would have pulled that ****, that Lacey did, in Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

buck65 wrote: »
    Absolutely if I was from Ulster, pat on the head - well done mate ye're great craic - as long as we won.

Ulster have not won anything this year after all the ruckus of the new manager coming. If they had a bigger stadium I have no doubt they would have won this one - no ref would have pulled that ****, that Lacey did, in Belfast.
    are you also saying that Diack wouldn't have made a mess of his opportunity if the game had been in Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

as long as we won.

You've made this bit up though so really your just looking for something to have a moan about when I think the OP meant a heartfelt thanks for creating a cracking atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Its a complete aside, but I've never entirely understood the "respect" aspect of staying silent for kicks. Particularly when its added to by people claiming the silence if more unnerving than the booing. Are you trying to show the kicker respect or trying to unnerve him? And why is making noise when a high ball is coming down acceptable?

I don't like booing in general, but I find the "shushing" brigade worse.[/QUOTE]

Its tradition and respectful not to yell at someone in a quiet situation. For an up and under there is a general hubbub anyway. more like a golf swing I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Lacey didn't lose the game for Ulster, Leinster were just the better team.

Was that because it was in the RDS? Probably. I feel bad for Ulster having to play it away from home after all the work they put in over the season. Is that patronizing? Couldn't care really, just making a statement.

Try taking a complement now and again, wouldn't kill ya. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

.ak wrote: »

Try taking a complement now and again, wouldn't kill ya. ;)

s/hes not even an ulster fan....

theres nothing as patronising as taking offence on behalf of others.

Advertisement