Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulling a whitey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Omg pappyodaniel from oh brother where art thou????

he's doin' a little politickin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

uuughhh go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Yeah a few times the "mighty whitey" has struck, first time was at a party in college, the first time smoking a joint for many people there, half way through it was like an albino reunion. I remember there was a tiny toilet under the stairs and it was caked in puke.

Smoked weed for the first time in over two years a few nights ago.. About half a joint caused me to lose all ability to be social followed by my first whitey getting sick and generally being fuked lying on a couch for about two hours. I used to be able to handle it fine but never again.. It really just doesn't suit me and it felt like my body was fighting it once I smoked it.

Give me anything but weed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Tiger Woods pulled loads of whitey's,but he didn't pull any brownies the racist cnut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

@Ads By Google: Were you drinking too? Half a joint is very little to pull a whitey on, unless it was some serious skunk!

Pulled a few of them in my day. One was when i went with my older brother and his mate to smoke a few in the car out the back of the house (couldn't smoke inside). Little did i know the two lads had planned to get my rightly fooked, and just kept coming with the j's. I eventually had to lie down on the back seat as i thought the car was going to randomly jump upside-down. The two lads were laughing at me and calling me a lightweight. And then the inevitable opening of the door and bawking my face off. When i settled back into lying on the back seat, the other 2 must have thought i was out for the count, cuz i heard them say that they weren't too healthy themselves.

The one that sticks out the most though was at my other brothers 30th. Had gone out the night before and started again the following day at about 2pm. At around 4, some lad came in with a 3 foot bong, so i had to have a go. Had about 6 hits in a short space of time. Half an hour later i barely made it to the end of the patio, and lid there with my head over the edge puking. I was there for a good 2 hours getting sick. Eventually managed to get up and went to bed. Missed the night out!

But that will happen if you do the dog on it. I learned my lesson after the birthday, and didn't ever pull a whitey again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I've gotten the odd whitey over the years, just like I've gotten sick/had a nasty hangover from boozing.

It's nothing to worry about. If there's anything that would make me quit completely it's the ridiculous cost of a bag and being forced to associate with degenerates in order to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

in kilkenny its called pulling a "bouli" as in this dude
    when someone bouli's we just laugh at him and keep repeating the words "bouli,bouli"

havent smoked in years but if i ever had one i always had a bowl of frosties and that sorted me right out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

My first few times and if I've been drinking heavily. It's horrible. I actually hate smoking weed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

It happened to me before when I was smoking with my mother in law of all people!!

I was around 17 and had smoked it a good few times, I didn't particularly like it but I had never been sick before, she had never smoked it but one of her sons used to give her a few joints which she would give to her friend who used it for pain relief....anyway I was at her house with my boyfriend one evening and she said will I light one up for the laugh so we said go on then, I ended up getting sick everywhere, she ended up laughing for hours because there were house alarms going off outside and she kept saying it was the guards coming to get her lol

I never smoked it again after that, I don't think she did either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Some old crusty I met at a festival explained to me what's happening you when you get a 'whitey'. After smoking it you're brain may think you have ingested a form of poison and it sends signals to the body to emit the poison by sweating it out, puking or crapping.

... or you just log on to boards.ie and go for the prize of world's most perplexing slang term.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

@Ads By Google: Were you drinking too? Half a joint is very little to pull a whitey on, unless it was some serious skunk!

Yea was pretty drunk and having a great time at a birthday party.. Whoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Horrible experience, one night back when I used to toke regularly, I knew I was about to whitey, so when I got up to go to the jacks, I made it as far as the hall, and fainted/passed out. Got back onto my feet again, and puked my ring up. Was at a house party, so felt like a pure light weight.

Another time, myself and my best mate whitied pretty much the same time; was the night before heading to Oxegen '05, we just collected our toke and we each had a botte of Buckie and a few J's. Just a head spinner and a puke, was grand after.

On nearly all occasions I was drunk too, gargle & blem don't mix. As mentioned earlier, a puke and sugar & water after tends to sort it out.

I remember some of the worst ones I used to get was when I had no blem, and you'd smoke that rubbish from the Head Shops to tide you over, a whitey with heart palpitations...., no thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Smoking after you've been drinking is one way to guarantee a whitener. I learned that lesson long ago. Unfortunately it still sounds like a fantastic idea when I've been drinking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

went out in Amsterdam and smoked it while sober.everything fine.later in the night after a good few pints i smoked another.i spent 3 hours lying on the hotel room floor, holding a crucifix staring at a crack in the wall ,praying for daylight to come and the effects to wear off.****ing nightmare.
    never ever did it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

It's happened me once or twice. The first time was at a party where somebody hollowed out this huge cuban-like cigar and just filled it with grass. One toke of that had me on my hole. But Im a bit of a lightweight when it comes to weed to be honest. I dont really like the feeling it gives you so i rarely use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah happened to me a couple times, and people I know too.
    Scary as ****, I've stopped smoking that stuff since.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

A lot of people seem to try a spliff after a faceful of beer due to inhibitions being down and then pull a whitey as a result of the combination.

They always say they'll never smoke weed again, horrible stuff, etc.

It's never about the gargle, for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

I never enjoyed huge doses in any case. For me small amounts were enjoyable, anything more and id just go asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

A lot of people seem to try a spliff after a faceful of beer due to inhibitions being down and then pull a whitey as a result of the combination.

They always say they'll never smoke weed again, horrible stuff, etc.

It's never about the gargle, for some reason.

Agreed. In all my years of smoking I've had a whitey maybe twice when booze wasn't involved; and that was usually because I hadn't eaten and the dope coupled with low blood sugar wiped me out - cornetto from the freezer and I was grand. However if I've had more than 3 beers and then light a spliff I'm guaranteed to be vomiting within minutes. It seems to really bring out the effects of the booze and brings on the Whirling Spinneys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

When I lived in Australia, a guy I had worked with in Ireland came over. I offered to let him stay in our place for a few days. When he arrived we had a smoke - he started acting really weird, muttering stuff to himself and generally acting like he wasn't sure what was going on. I suggested we head to the pub for a couple of beers - I thought it might calm him down a bit. He insisted on bringing his passports and travel documents with him despite my misgivings.

Next morning he told me that he had become convinced that I had poisoned him and was planning on robbing all his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

kingcobra wrote: »
    You're giving material for the anti-weed crowd to work with here!

not really, that is the worst thing that can happen when you smoke weed. surely becoming nauseous being the worst after essentially "overdosing" on something is not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Straight people don't know, what you're about
    They put you down and shut you out
    You gave to me a new belief
    And soon the world will love you sweet leaf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭yara

Once, I thought I was going to die. My stomach, my head, my heart, my bowels. The PAIN!! I just wanted to lie down on the road and die.

Haven't touched as much as an asprin since, it was horrific. Good lesson.

so, you've not experienced so much as a hangover since?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Don't smoke any more but used to never smoke while boozing, made me feel horrible until it wore off.

Pulled a whitey before where I fainted, was a regular smoker at that point and of course the first time we smoked with a group of girls old Duggy made a fine arse of himself by falling face first into the ground :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭IrishExpat

For the record; I'm not big into casual drug use.

That said, way back when the legal-highs were freely available, I bought a joint (for less than €3 I think) and had similar effects.

I went from normal and chatting away to friends to hidden away in the corner with fairly frightening heart palpitations and acute paranoia for the best part of 30 minutes. Went to the toilet to try calm myself down and my pupils were like saucers. Wore off eventually.

Not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I pulled a greener in a pub toilet once, think I was in there for about 2 hours. Just sitting on the toilet with my pants around my ankles. My boyfriend at the time had to climb over the door to get me, as soon as he got in ....I farted.

Then we went into town and I fell asleep standing up at the luas stop. Ah those were the days.

You sound like every GF I had in my 20's.

I once found a friend who's greenied out. He'd gone into the toilet for a crap. Then decided he wanted to get sick. We founf him with his jeans around his ankles, head in the toiletbowl, fast asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

Once in my friend's house(He is a big time stoner), we had a hotbox in his tiny cramped bathroom and turned off the extractor fan. We then went back into the sitting room to recommence whatever we had been doing (probably eating sweets and watching the Mighty Boosh.)

I realised that I was about to pull a whitener even though it had never happened me before, so I went into the bathroom as I thought you always puked when it happened. I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of all the seasoned smokers.

I think it's kind of like being on the cusp of fainting and occurs when you have low blood sugar. I went really pale and started shaking like mad so I held onto the sink so I wouldn't fall over. I could only see in black and white and it felt like everything was flashing. It passed after a few minutes and I was grand but a bit wrecked. Have smoked on numerous occasions since and never happened again.

I had drank a bottle of wine and some beer beforehand too, so I reckon this didn't help.

All the lads could hear me clattering around in the bathroom and gave me a big cheer when I finally emerged, looking like Casper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

Once, I thought I was going to die. My stomach, my head, my heart, my bowels. The PAIN!! I just wanted to lie down on the road and die.

Haven't touched as much as an asprin since, it was horrific. Good lesson.
    #
    you're either making that up, or you have some condition that you're not aware of. Weed has a pain relieving affect on the body, not the other way around.

it must have been another drug you took.

anyway,

Whiteys are from weed only.
    Greens are from when you get sick from too much of booze AND weed.

and for all the anti-weed brigade out there, it doesnt happen often, and only if you're an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

#
    you're either making that up, or you have some condition that you're not aware of. Weed has a pain relieving affect on the body, not the other way around.

it must have been another drug you took.

anyway,

Whiteys are from weed only.
    Greens are from when you get sick from too much of booze AND weed.

and for all the anti-weed brigade out there, it doesnt happen often, and only if you're an idiot.
    You can pull whiteys from cigarettes too. I done plenty of times and mates aswell, thats why I don't smoke.

Advertisement