Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd rather talk to a lad in an Indian Callcentre with broken English

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

this thread has turned out quite like trying to deal with someone on a talk to forum :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Sully wrote: »
    You are misquoting and twisting what I said. What you are suggesting I said was absolutely not what I said and that much is very obvious and clear. As the poster you are quoting, I have clarified the matter and I would prefer you didn't drag my name into whatever issues you have and I for one would like to get back on topic and actually continue the overall discussion.

Explain that now? I posted what you said word for word. You dismissed the comment based on nothing more then the fact he is a fellow mod of yours.

I'm sure Tom wasn't being insulting or patronizing towards the OP on purpose, it either came across that way due to a badly phrased post or there was more to his response. Either way, its not the usual reply Tom would give so lets hold back the pitchforks and give our Newstalk Host a break ().

There is is again. You say im sure Tom wasn't being insulting or patronizing towards the OP on purpose how are you so sure? based on what?

You then say its not the usual reply Tom as know him as a mod so this is what your basing it on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

lala88 wrote: »
    Explain that now? I posted what you said word for word. You dismissed the comment based on nothing more then the fact he is a fellow mod of yours.

I'm sure Tom wasn't being insulting or patronizing towards the OP on purpose, it either came across that way due to a badly phrased post or there was more to his response. Either way, its not the usual reply Tom would give so lets hold back the pitchforks and give our Newstalk Host a break ().

There is is again. You say im sure Tom wasn't being insulting or patronizing towards the OP on purpose how are you so sure? based on what?

You then say its not the usual reply Tom as know him as a mod so this is what your basing it on.

Ill give this an answer once and once only.

1) In my personal opinion I didn't think he was being insulting or patronizing because of those two reasons. Either one of those two reasons. Nothing else. Yes, its not his usual reply, which backs up my opinion that there was more to it than meets the eye. Hence, why I gave two possible reasons.

2) Tom isn't a mod of any section that I am a moderator in and I have never spoken to the lad in my entire life, digital or real. I have seen his postings elsewhere on Boards, as a Boards.ie user and not as a Moderator. His internet personality I know from his posting. Not because he is a mod, because I have absolutely no idea what kind of mod he is.

End of discussion on my part. Drag it on, twist it all around you like. I am clarifying it the way I meant. You can have your own opinion on what you think I meant, fire away.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

lala88 wrote: »
    this is on topic.
    This thread is about the "Talk to..." forums. Your posts on this thread are not about those forums. Don't post off-topic on this thread again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Oh dear.

If you think boards and her mods is so shíte, why do you keep coming back?

Edit: the above was in response to a re-reg 40_0s whose post is now deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Sully wrote: »
    Ill give this an answer once and once only.

1) In my personal opinion I didn't think he was being insulting or patronizing because of those two reasons. Either one of those two reasons. Nothing else. Yes, its not his usual reply, which backs up my opinion that there was more to it than meets the eye. Hence, why I gave two possible reasons.

2) Tom isn't a mod of any section that I am a moderator in and I have never spoken to the lad in my entire life, digital or real. I have seen his postings elsewhere on Boards, as a Boards.ie user and not as a Moderator. His internet personality I know from his posting. Not because he is a mod, because I have absolutely no idea what kind of mod he is.

End of discussion on my part. Drag it on, twist it all around you like. I am clarifying it the way I meant. You can have your own opinion on what you think I meant, fire away.

You have no idea what kind of a mod he yes yet you still know that his comments arent like him, how is that possible?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

For the sake of everyone's sanity, this has gone on long enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement