Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd rather talk to a lad in an Indian Callcentre with broken English

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I like the Talk To forums. They seem pretty useful. One downside is that I think they possibly create the perception that issues can be resolved more quickly by engaging online compared to speaking to a CR rep on phone. That might explain why a minority of posters seem rather impatient. At the other end of the scale there are stories that are inexcusable.

One thing, though, some forum charters need a bit of spring cleaning. When a rep hasn't been active for 8 months I'd imagine his/she is not returning. In fairness I can see some charters that have been recently edited, but staffing info should be accurate and current. No point in having a list of reps that people might PM and not hear back from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

I like the Talk To forums. They seem pretty useful. One downside is that I think they possibly create the perception that issues can be resolved more quickly by engaging online compared to speaking to a CR rep on phone.
    Aye. Some issues will have to be escalated to other departments, who might be slow to respond. Then there could be the issue of being too stretched. The Vodafone forum seems extremely busy and perhaps the reps have telephone/email customer service duties also. I'd be surprised if they were doing Boards and other social media full-time.

I'd doubt it's a case of deliberately ignoring people, moreso a case of not being able to respond to them as quickly as would be ideal - still though, every query should be responded to with at least "We'll get back to you asap" type stuff. But the apologies show that they're aware of the delay, to be fair, and if they were equipped to resolve the issue within an acceptable time-frame I'm sure they would. They're not going to be enjoying the backlash.

IMO this appears to be more of an issue with whomever is managing the Vodafone Talk To set-up than the reps themselves.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

...and now that they've started replying, it would have been nice if they had done it chronologically. Average response at a not very meaningful 85 hours. I, and many others, are now at 600+ hours and counting.
    I made some use of these hours - moved my main account and got a better deal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

So, to continue what I alluded to above, should I report out of date charters, or note them here?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

So, to continue what I alluded to above, should I report out of date charters, or note them here?
    It is on my 'To Do' list to update these one at a time and I started just yesterday so no need to note them here at all - but thanks! :)

• Advertisement

One or two sections have gone a bit bananas with multiple stickies. Don't know if that decision is up to you, or the reps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

One or two sections have gone a bit bananas with multiple stickies. Don't know if that decision is up to you, or the reps.

We stick the threads on request, they could probably do with a bit of a clean up though-any ones in particular that jump out?

I have a few minutes spare now so can do some housekeeping.

Bank of Ireland comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I have an issue with Three at the minute, and while I have serious problems with a decision that has been made by the company, I cannot compliment Julie enough for the speed and courtesy with which she dealt with it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'm surprised AIB haven't setup here considering their move towards other customer service avenues including Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Found UPC and PC World to be fairly good, I follow some of the other ones and..most of the mobile networks' forums are woeful.

PC World forum was actually excellent when Declan was around. I remember just popping him a PM any time I had a problem, question or before calling into a store for anything. It's still good though.

I think I saw some of the forums had online hours of something like 12 to 5pm or even 1pm to 5pm(I think it was eircom and UPC)..I mean what the hell??
    I don't exactly feel confident when I send a PM at 6pm on a Friday and find out that it won't even be read before 66 hours at the latest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,186 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Found UPC and PC World to be fairly good, I follow some of the other ones and..most of the mobile networks' forums are woeful.

PC World forum was actually excellent when Declan was around. I remember just popping him a PM any time I had a problem, question or before calling into a store for anything. It's still good though.

I think I saw some of the forums had online hours of something like 12 to 5pm or even 1pm to 5pm(I think it was eircom and UPC)..I mean what the hell??
    I don't exactly feel confident when I send a PM at 6pm on a Friday and find out that it won't even be read before 66 hours at the latest.

Many customer support/call centres experience a surge during the morning hours, hence they can only cover laters hours in Talk To if they aren't dedicated to it exclusively.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

funny a mod makes an unhelpful comment and its over looked by and other mob because its not the usual reply Tom would give so lets hold back the pitchforks and give our Newstalk Host a break Had the same comment been made by a non mod we would see the ''pitchforks'' out in no time

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

lala88 wrote: »
    funny a mod makes an unhelpful comment and its over looked by and other mob because its not the usual reply Tom would give so lets hold back the pitchforks and give our Newstalk Host a break Had the same comment been made by a non mod we would see the ''pitchforks'' out in no time
    What are you on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

oscarBravo wrote: »
    What are you on about?

This I'd imagine

https://www.newstalk.ie/tomdunne

What are you on about?

This:
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Interesting feedback from somebody on the site less than a month, with 127 posts to his/her name.
    Sully wrote: »
    I'm sure Tom wasn't being insulting or patronizing towards the OP on purpose, it either came across that way due to a badly phrased post or there was more to his response. Either way, its not the usual reply Tom would give so lets hold back the pitchforks and give our Newstalk Host a break (:P).

So, nothing to do with the thread topic then. Fair enough.

So, nothing to do with the thread topic then. Fair enough.

Nah just your usual populist 'wouldn't have happened to me' crap.

Anyway, it was sad to see the Currys PC World forum go..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This:

Which is completely twisting what I said.

When did the Curry's / PC World forum go and why?

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    When did the Curry's / PC World forum go and why?

Well first Declan left and it just went down hill from there really. The level of customer care from the reps that replaced him was just poor and in the end, they closed it. Which I do think was the right call. I mean it's better to close it than have a failing customer service forum on display for the public.

It's a shame. When Declan was around, it was without a doubt the best Talk to: forum on boards. And one of the best service I got from anywhere! Needless to say, I won't be going back there too often now.

Well first Declan left and it just went down hill from there really. The level of customer care from the reps that replaced him was just poor and in the end, they closed it. Which I do think was the right call. I mean it's better to close it than have a failing customer service forum on display for the public.

It's a shame. When Declan was around, it was without a doubt the best Talk to: forum on boards. And one of the best service I got from anywhere! Needless to say, I won't be going back there too often now.

Declan knew how to give good customer care, without a doubt. Whoever he works for next, if they work with him, will be very lucky.

The forum plunged as soon as he left, the writing was on the wall.

What are you on about?

mod Tom Dunne Interesting feedback from somebody on the site less than a month, with 127 posts to his/her name.

reply from mod Sully I'm sure Tom wasn't being insulting or patronizing towards the OP on purpose, it either came across that way due to a badly phrased post or there was more to his response. Either way, its not the usual reply Tom would give so lets hold back the pitchforks and give our Newstalk Host a break ().

Had the same comments been made by a non mod there would be warnings, be told there not helpful, but it seems when your fellow mod does it its ok. funny how you missed that...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tom Dunne had a point though. That OP turned out to be a re-reg who'd been site-banned a few times before. It's a bit like that rule where people serving bans from Forum X, Y or Z aren't supposed to start Feedback threads about those forums...

Tom Dunne had a point though. That OP turned out to be a re-reg who'd been site-banned a few times before. It's a bit like that rule where people serving bans from Forum X, Y or Z aren't supposed to start Feedback threads about those forums...

He didnt know that at the time did be? No was basing it purely on the post count, another thing mods try to use to dismiss matters they dont agree with

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

He didnt know that at the time did be? No was basing it purely on the post count, another thing mods try to use to dismiss matters they dont agree with

I'd say he knew alright. Sure even a lowly Language mod like me had an inkling...

I'd say he knew alright. Sure even a lowly Language mod like me had an inkling...

oh so you'd say he did, sure thats alright so if you'd say he did...

lala88, were you planning on posting something that's actually on-topic to this thread any time soon?

lala88, were you planning on posting something that's actually on-topic to this thread any time soon?

this is on topic. pointing out where a mod made an unhelpful comment but was ignored by other mobs because they think he knew what was going on or its not normally like him.

• Advertisement

this is on topic. pointing out where a mod made an unhelpful comment but was ignored by other mobs because they think he knew what was going on or its not normally like him.

You are misquoting and twisting what I said. What you are suggesting I said was absolutely not what I said and that much is very obvious and clear. As the poster you are quoting, I have clarified the matter and I would prefer you didn't drag my name into whatever issues you have and I for one would like to get back on topic and actually continue the overall discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement