Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

personalised can of coke - Tesco Naas

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

when you're finished looking at your name on a can you can do this.

http://vimeo.com/64726512

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The personalising of cans of coke is a marketing tool that coke are doing. Its on a roadshow all over Ireland. You can see where and when it is on their facebook page here:

https://apps.facebook.com/cokezonestudio/item?itemId=251455300

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Prodigious wrote: »
    Picture this. You're sitting at work one day, with an inconspicuous can of coke at the edge of your desk. Along comes an unsuspecting co worker for a chat. "Hey Max, what's the story?" The sly dog that Jim is, he goes to shnake your can of coke into his pocket, when BAM, he sees your name. His plan is foiled.

In fairness, if you're name was Max, I'd suggest an easier solution would be having a can of that sugar free Pepsi stuff instead.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How is this a bargain?
    It is just an advertisement by Coca-Cola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

snubbleste wrote: »
    How is this a bargain?

I don't think you appreciate the beauty of a personalised can. It's priceless, and we are getting it for the price one and a half 6 packs. Bargain by my standards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

snubbleste wrote: »
    How is this a bargain?

Yes, its marketing. They reckon it could increase this summer's sales by between 20 and 25%. They trialled it in Greece last year, and this year have rolled it out to 16 other EU countries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

smccarrick wrote: »
    Yes, its marketing. They reckon it could increase this summer's sales by between 20 and 25%. They trialled it in Greece last year, and this year have rolled it out to 16 other EU countries.
    Greeks needed abit a sugar in their bloodstream last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

jhegarty wrote: »
    Did they have Bort ?

They did but it sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wonder would the refuse names such as Adolf, Jesus, Pepsi, Homer etc.

Damn, I bet a Coke can with Pepsi on it would be worth something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Wonder would the refuse names such as Adolf, Jesus, Pepsi, Homer etc.

Damn, I bet a Coke can with Pepsi on it would be worth something.
    And what have they got against Sid. Who wouldn't be seen lifting a can of sid ǝʞoɔ to their lips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Ok so once you have your very own personalized can - do you display it on the mantel (unopened) or do you actually drink it? Would you then put the empty Coke can on display?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I suppose you could take loads of photos with the can and then bury it in a time capsule for future generations to find? The coke would probably turn in to powder , evaporate but the can would last.

I met a guy called Jesus once :)

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Ok so once you have your very own personalized can - do you display it on the mantel (unopened) or do you actually drink it? Would you then put the empty Coke can on display?

This has been my predicament since my last post. I gave my guidance counsellor a call, but she was busy unfortunately. I think there'd be no harm in some meditation. I'll try that now and get back to you.

No luck with the meditation. Ironic that the coke I drank before it didn't help. Knew I should have stuck to the Iron Bru. What now? I suggest a call to the coke-mobile team for clarification.

I definitely think you should drink it Prodigious . Preferably at the exam:)

Good idea. I can personalise the can with extra Maths formulae. Once they agree to do it on an Iron Bru can.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I met a guy called Jesus once :)

It's a very popular Mexican name, was this guy Mexican?

It's a very popular Mexican name, was this guy Mexican?

More to the point, was he drinking coke, or Iron Bru?

He was drinking Sprite and was from Spain:)

• Advertisement

Ah yes, so technically he was endorsing Coca Cola. Who would've thought Jesus would be a sellout?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Where can you find the list of names?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Prodigious wrote: »
    Don't coca cola own 7 up?

Maybe if I rang in advance they'd make an allowance. It's quite a journey, but it would be worth it for the personalised can. Or maybe if they let me buy a six pack of coke and half six pack of 7 up, that way I'm still buying some coke.

Wow, apart from you being a massive pain in the can I'm sure they would decline your ever so reasonable request because Prodigious isn't one of the top 150 names in the UK at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I suppose you could take loads of photos with the can and then bury it in a time capsule for future generations to find? The coke would probably turn in to powder , evaporate but the can would last.

How exactly would it evaporate through a sealed metal container?

How exactly would it evaporate through a sealed metal container?

Good point. I'm no scientist :D:D:o

Advertisement