Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

personalised can of coke - Tesco Naas

Options
  • 25-05-2013 3:02pm

If you go to the big Tesco in Naas before 6pm today and buy a 9 can multipack of coke for 3.50, you can go to the coke stand and get a free personalised can of coke... I.e. You name printed on the can.
    Looks pretty cool.

Comments

awesome love to see this in limerick , i love the idea

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good deal.. but saw a listing of the names on the UK website and they're bizarre to say the least. They've chosen the Top 150 names in the UK and included "Jemima"! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Are they doing this anywhere else?

Is it just regular Coke, or is Diet Coke etc included?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Do you think it would work if I bought a 9 pack of 7 up? Not too fond of coke, but the can sounds cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Prodigious wrote: »
    Do you think it would work if I bought a 9 pack of 7 up? Not too fond of coke, but the can sounds cool.

A competitors product? I doubt it.

• Advertisement

Don't coca cola own 7 up?

Maybe if I rang in advance they'd make an allowance. It's quite a journey, but it would be worth it for the personalised can. Or maybe if they let me buy a six pack of coke and half six pack of 7 up, that way I'm still buying some coke.

You're thinking of sprite.

Oh right... Sprite, I guess I can deal with. So do you think they would allow me to buy a pack of sprite, but still get the personalised can? Or even better, if I could get the personalisation done on a 7 up can. Does anyone have the number for Tesco in Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'm getting two! One with 'diabetes' on it, and the other with 'mostly sugar,some fizzy water'. I think I could be a shoe-in with coke's marketing folks!

endacl wrote: »
    I'm getting two! One with 'diabetes' on it, and the other with 'mostly sugar,some fizzy water'. I think I could be a shoe-in with coke's marketing folks!

While your there, can you inquire about the 7up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

While your there, can you inquire about the 7up?

Will do. Just have to come up with a slogan first...

Actually, having thought about it, I think IRON BRU have the coolest cans. I'm fairly sure they sell it in ALDI. Is there an Aldi in Naas? If so I'll run to Aldi, grab a can of IRON BRU, then buy a 9 pack of 7 up and get them to personalise the IRON BRU can.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Just proves Naas its a great place! :)

Just proves Naas its a great place! :)

I've found it to be quite naasty at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I've found it to be quite naasty at times.

You'll find it nasty when they tell you where to put your can of iron bru!!

You'll find it nasty when they tell you where to put your can of iron bru!!

I think its a perfectly reasonable request. After all, I would be purchasing at the very least one 6pack of 7up, if not 1 and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭long_b

Are ye planning in time travelling back to 6 PM ?

I figure since it's a considerable sum of money I'd be spending that they will extend the offer. I'm waiting to hear back from endacl before I call them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭wilfitz

endacl wrote: »

Hate to be called 'diabetes' or 'mostly sugar, some fizzy water'...

wilfitz wrote: »
    Hate to be called 'diabetes' or 'mostly sugar, some fizzy water'...

I was thinking that myself. After debating it with my family, we've come to the conclusion that it may have been a childhood nickname that he grew fond of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

These type of things usually come to Mahon point . It would be cool to get my name on a can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Virtual can www.cokezone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

sandin wrote: »
    Virtual can www.cokezone.ie

Bloody hell - "Mateusz" and "Szymon" are more popular than "Garrett" and "Owen" according to independent research. :)

If they'd just do a virtual Iron Bru we'd be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Basq wrote: »
    Good deal.. but saw a listing of the names on the UK website and they're bizarre to say the least. They've chosen the Top 150 names in the UK and included "Jemima"! :confused:

Did they have Bort ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I don't understand why the hell anybody would want a personalized can of Coke.

T-Maxx wrote: »

Picture this. You're sitting at work one day, with an inconspicuous can of coke at the edge of your desk. Along comes an unsuspecting co worker for a chat. "Hey Max, what's the story?" The sly dog that Jim is, he goes to shnake your can of coke into his pocket, when BAM, he sees your name. His plan is foiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

T-Maxx wrote: »

Looking at you signature its better than having your face ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bloody hell - "Mateusz" and "Szymon" are more popular than "Garrett" and "Owen" according to independent research. :)

can't find Owen anywhere on bottles myself, loads of those ****ing Eoin bottles everywhere though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

The list of 150 top irish names just shows how multicultural we have become:

Agnieska
    Jakub
    Karolina
    Mateusz
    Paulina
    Szymon

Advertisement