Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 bottles of beer 13 euros.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

7ofBrian wrote: »
    Because bud is absolute pikey sweat and Heineken is a half decent beer.

Yawn..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

each to their own folks, but at this price you cannot go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eass82

oldyouth wrote: »
    I like the 300ml bottles. I got a rake of them in for a party next week. Last time I had a party for one of my young lads, I found the best value was with 500ml cans, However, the morning after the party, I was picking up dozens of half full cans. What a waste. The smaller bottles should help reduce that

Agreed, value if you having a session is in the cans but for parties etc bottles are king. when people arent buying them they are more inclined to have 2 slugs and then ditch the can or turn it into a makeshift ashtray... boy do they stink in the morning.

Living in the UK though i miss the 500 ml cans bigtime, i seem to plough through the 440ml ones at an abnormal rate and the selection here is truely terrible. Tennants, fosters, stella and carling.... yuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Bavaria is far superior to both and its the cheapest of all.

Hear, hear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Think Dunnes Tesco will have a big bank holiday weekend promotion this year?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Got a few Carlsberg bottle packs in Tesco Letterkenny a few hours ago. There were no bottle packs of Bud to be seen, just an empty pallet.

FWIW, the BBE date on my bottles is 11 June 2013 so close to their sell by. Not that it'd worry me and I'll have the few cases drunk by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

The box of Bud I got for €12.98 in Dunnes , best before date is 22/09/2013

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

I am up in Belfast at the moment, and while the beer may be cheaper by the bottle down south (if bought in smaller packs), the best before dates here are in 2014, which I have yet to see around Dublin supermarkets anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Rashers72 wrote: »
    I am up in Belfast at the moment, and while the beer may be cheaper by the bottle down south (if bought in smaller packs), the best before dates here are in 2014, which I have yet to see around Dublin supermarkets anyway....

Yes but it's not a cold war we are stocking up for, in general 6 months is more than enough if your stocking up, the beer will be fine 6 months to a year after the best before date.

Yes but it's not a cold war we are stocking up for, in general 6 months is more than enough if your stocking up, the beer will be fine 6 months to a year after the best before date.
    Good point, but some of the dates I have seen in Dublin supermarkets are BBD in the summer, with the latest mid September. I have a feeling it was over supply, and they are now just selling them off before they need to dump them. Whereas up North the deals are just normal, with good dates. But after Euro GBP conversion, I think the deals on 4-6 bottle packs are better down south.

• Advertisement

Just bought 20 bottles (300ml) of bud in Tesco's for EUR14, best before date mid November, so must be 'fresh' enough....

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Rashers72 wrote: »

The Bud up North is nicer than the stuff down here. Its stronger with a fuller flavour.

Advertisement