Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 bottles of beer 13 euros.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

65 cent a bottle! around 1.50........

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

bud 20x300ml
    carlsberg 20x300ml
    bavaria 20x330ml

€2.16 per litre and 1.96 per litre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

65 cent a bottle! around 1.50........

Oopps.

20/13 != 13/20 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Thanks OP,stock up now for next bank holiday,or just this wend :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Meh
    Dunnes have the Carlsberg & Budweiser 20x330ml for €12.98

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

Xcellor wrote: »
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00001689

20 bottles for 13E , around 0.65 a bottle.

They are 300ML which seems to be the new size for a lot of beers. Miss the extra 30ML :)

Xcellor.. I was also missing the 30MLs until I copped that the new 300ML is the equivalent of one unit of alcohol... printed on the side of the bottle, apparently... hope the information helps....

Why did they reduce the bottles by 30mls? I thought they looked small, I thought I was getting a drink problem the way I was drinking them so fast

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

WTF. How come Budweiser is so cheap? I never see Heineken at that kind of price. Think i'll be having a change this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Tulipout wrote: »
    WTF. How come Budweiser is so cheap? I never see Heineken at that kind of price. Think i'll be having a change this weekend.

Because bud is absolute pikey sweat and Heineken is a half decent beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Someones gotta pay for those cinematic ads and beautiful people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

7ofBrian wrote: »

I think bud is grand, nice and mild. Heineken horribly overpriced and a bit too hoppy or starchy for my liking. Also tastes even worse out of a bottle I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Well each to their own but I used to get violent hangovers from bud and the aftertaste the next day was like sucking a urinal cake (or what I would imagine sucking a urinal cake tastes like . And if you believe everything you read apparently it's full of all kinds of chemicals and ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

I think bud is grand, nice and mild. Heineken horribly overpriced and a bit too hoppy or starchy for my liking. Also tastes even worse out of a bottle I think

I don't mind taste of bottled Heineken but my OH dosen't like me drinking it. I like bottled Bud and for that price, you can't go wrong. I'll check the date though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

"Bud" police have arrived. They never fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I don't mind taste of bottled Heineken but my OH dosen't like me drinking it.

Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Wtf?

+1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

jmorrisey wrote: »
    +1

Maybe it's like Stella to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭celt262

bri007 wrote: »
    Why did they reduce the bottles by 30mls? I thought they looked small, I thought I was getting a drink problem the way I was drinking them so fast

To stop the publicans going in and clearing the shelves and then selling them for €5 a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,850 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

funnily, the UK brewed bud is actually drinkable.
    The irish brewed stuff though does sometimes have a strange taste of sewage or something off it. Very peculiar.

Still, if your tastebuds dont pick up on that from Irish brewed Bud then its a middling decent deal all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

funnily, the UK brewed bud is actually drinkable.
    The irish brewed stuff though does sometimes have a strange taste of sewage or something off it. Very peculiar.

Still, if your tastebuds dont pick up on that from Irish brewed Bud then its a middling decent deal all right.

I've noticed this also.
    same goes for the English brewed coors and Miller - much nicer

• Advertisement

Yeah noticed it with coors, much nicer taste, same with bud. Weird smell of the irish budweiser as well, what ever they put in it. The uk bud is much nicer,but id drink both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

celt262 wrote: »
    To stop the publicans going in and clearing the shelves and then selling them for €5 a bottle.

I saw a girl at a wedding getting caught with her own bottles of Bud , lounge boy copped on to the smaller bottle. Oh and probably the multi pack on the label. But if you buy the six pack of bottles in the carry pack they're 330ml and don't say multi pack.

haha one of those moments you want the ground to open so you can escape :D ah well, worth a try, did they say anything to them?
    Karen23 wrote: »
    I saw a girl at a wedding getting caught with her own bottles of Bud , lounge boy copped on to the smaller bottle. Oh and probably the multi pack on the label. But if you buy the six pack of bottles in the carry pack they're 330ml and don't say multi pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

Do you have to buy online or is the offer available in store as well?

Bavaria is far superior to both and its the cheapest of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Bavaria is far superior to both and its the cheapest of all.
    Yeah, thanks for that............... (jasus, will they ever cease ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Good ol Bav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Karen23 wrote: »
    haha one of those moments you want the ground to open so you can escape :D ah well, worth a try, did they say anything to them?

She looked all around her as if she hadn't heard him and got up and walked away leaving them all on the table.

Very funny.

I shot off down to Tesco Wilton there and they have plenty of all 3 beers.

Got myself 40 bottles of Bavaria, its the best offer in a while on Bavaria, slightly better than the 24 cans for 24 euro that's around every now and then, should have stocked up more when the 24 cans for 20 offer was on though a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I like the 300ml bottles. I got a rake of them in for a party next week. Last time I had a party for one of my young lads, I found the best value was with 500ml cans, However, the morning after the party, I was picking up dozens of half full cans. What a waste. The smaller bottles should help reduce that

Advertisement