Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish lager and beers!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Whichever of the mentioned beers, if it has been brewed in EU or UK is ****, they're making beer out of a powder mix, so next time boys and girls you are heading for a polish beer make sure you get one brewed in Poland, otherwise don't expect a great taste. At the moment the biggest supplier of polish beer is Polonez across Church restaurant.
    Karpackie is just a piss in a can, so it's not even worth to be talked about, I'd say that Dutch Lager is better quality.
    Lech, Tyskie are made in UK, so it's way different that the one you can try in Poland.
    I think that Zywiec and Lomza are the only ones being brewed in Poland and Zubr probably as well.
    A the end of 2013 there was 97 different breweries in Poland, considering that every one of them makes a few different beers gives a lot :)

Na zdrowie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Carpentry wrote: »
    they're making beer out of a powder mix

That would be milled malt and other grains. But it does not guarantee that the product will be any good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I see Dunnes have 6 Lomza 50cl for 10 euro.

Are these beers recommended?

I don't know anything about this beer?

There are three versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Geuze wrote: »

I've seen these around too, but haven't tried them. As advertised at http://www.shelflife.ie/heres-to-summer/ - strictly I suppose it's "Łomża", but I've no idea what the correct pronunciation might be.

€1.33 a bottle is very good these days so it's worth trying. Correction: it's €1.67 for a 500 ml bottle.

Does anybody know what strength are they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Louche Lad wrote: »
    I've seen these around too, but haven't tried them. As advertised at http://www.shelflife.ie/heres-to-summer/ - strictly I suppose it's "Łomża", but I've no idea what the correct pronunciation might be.

€1.33 a bottle is very good these days so it's worth trying. Correction: it's €1.67 for a 500 ml bottle.

Does anybody know what strength are they are?

Something like: "womzha".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Geuze wrote: »

Export - normal lager

Unpasteurized - well, the name speaks for itself, for some people might be strange-tasting beer, but still good

Unfiltered - it's between lager and erdinger/paulaner taste

Love all of them

Cinio is right with pronunciation

Advertisement