Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering selling my beloved NES Collection

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

Could I have a list? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'll stick it up in the group in a few mins, I was watching the Xbox thingy :) There's only a few games for now, to gauge interest

Actually there's no new thread/reply buttons showing up for me in the group, same for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Me too, I tried to post something in it a little while ago but was unable to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

Los lobos I'm a very active member with nintendoage but with the new American postage prices it wouldn't be worth my while

• Advertisement

Ah crap, there goes that idea :( Sorry Alter Egotist! You could use Adverts I suppose & use the 'ignore all offers below asking price' tick box to save the headache of it all? You'd need to do you're homework on the pricing of them all though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What about some sort of shared Google document? Think Steve was going to use something like that before. Or just tell folk to PM you for the list (prob already getting spammed :D).

Same problem with the social group for me, no ability to post. Well done boards. :rolleyes:

People are very welcome to pm me with their interest but ciderman kinda forbade me already in a pm from selling openly on here. I really don't wanna post them on adverts yet as that's my worst nightmare. Some fool offering me half a curly wurly and one alloy wheel has never been topped but their are some amount of time wasters out there and the majority of non gaming public who just don't reall prices of games offer me a fiver for maxi 15 hard shell with the gold cart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Don't do it. Hang on to it.

People are very welcome to pm me with their interest but ciderman kinda forbade me already in a pm from selling openly on here. I really don't wanna post them on adverts yet as that's my worst nightmare. Some fool offering me half a curly wurly and one alloy wheel has never been topped but their are some amount of time wasters out there and the majority of non gaming public who just don't reall prices of games offer me a fiver for maxi 15 hard shell with the gold cart.

Yeah you can't sell openly in A&R (seems ok for the Airsoft folks though) but nothing wrong with doing business via PM. Common practice. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

EnterNow wrote: »
    Actually there's no new thread/reply buttons showing up for me in the group, same for anyone else?

I think they have changed private groups in the last few months, I remember someone mentioning problems with them.

There was something about boards not supporting them or getting rid of them... something to do with however the site is evolving technically... I didn't really pay attention/understand it.

There is a thread in Feedback somewhere about it.

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I think they have changed private groups in the last few months, I remember someone mentioning problems with them.

There was something about boards not supporting them or getting rid of them... something to do with however the site is evolving technically... I didn't really pay attention/understand it.

There is a thread in Feedback somewhere about it.

Yeah there's some technical reason for it, I'd forgotten all about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

A.E. so what if people make a few stupid offers, just ignore them, worst case you have to report the occassional ad-spoil.

If you want me send on the list just hit me up with a pm so and ill got though my collection tonight in more detail. As I said I'm starting off slow to see interest.

Al

I'd imagine Cidey will kill this on thread stuff folks, keep it to pm's

/friendly advice

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'd imagine Cidey will kill this on thread stuff folks, keep it to pm's

/friendly advice

Ya thanks enternow. i completely understand. I've said in previous posts to pm me please. I said/agreed with ciderman I wouldn't post sales in thread n trying not to . so if your interested pm me. Only one interested party so far it seems... Is it ok that I'm starting to freak out about selling things? I know I need to and eventually it'll come down to having to sell for mortgage reasons (hopefully not but....) I was just hoping to get enough to treat the family a bit. This living on bread and water living while staring at a wall of games kills me.

Is it ok that I'm starting to freak out about selling things? I know I need to and eventually it'll come down to having to sell for mortgage reasons (hopefully not but....) I was just hoping to get enough to treat the family a bit. This living on bread and water living while staring at a wall of games kills me.

Ugh, hope things pick up for you man. It sure is tough out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ya thanks enternow. i completely understand. I've said in previous posts to pm me please. I said/agreed with ciderman I wouldn't post sales in thread n trying not to . so if your interested pm me. Only one interested party so far it seems... Is it ok that I'm starting to freak out about selling things? I know I need to and eventually it'll come down to having to sell for mortgage reasons (hopefully not but....) I was just hoping to get enough to treat the family a bit. This living on bread and water living while staring at a wall of games kills me.

Yeah best wishes man! Like I know we all drop some fairly sizeable currency on our habit here but when it comes to providing for your family no amount of plastic carts or disks can outweigh that.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Not nice to hear, and totally understandable if that's the case. Best of luck Al.

Thanks for the good wishes guys. I appreciate it. Wouldn't wish illness or money troubles on anyone. Hopefully I'll make something to buy the boys something nice n something nice for herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah no :( sorry to hear about your troubles. Ignore everything I said previously - Jack Burton is right, it is just a pile of plastic carts in the end.

Please include me on the pms with the list of your games. Will see if I can nab a few from ya.

pms sent to a few

Not a single person interested. Devastated! :(

Don't give up just yet, bear with me a few days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Skywalker7

Not a single person interested. Devastated! :(

I'm interested! PM me a list please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Drop me a list as well please!

Fire me over one too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Send me a PM as well as I'd be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'll take a PM too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd just like to chime in and say that this thread has to close.
    If people want to buy stuff from the OP that's fine, do it off thread, but also please don't use this thread to request these interactions.
    Otherwise it'll be harder to police unwelcome soliciting for business by both other Boards users and opportunists.
    So, there we go.
    Ok?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement