Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering selling my beloved NES Collection

Options
  • 20-05-2013 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

I'm considering selling my nes collection. I've 500+ games with quite a few heavy hitters and its worth well over 1200-1400 by current prices if not more as I have a few sealed in original plastics and other that are just stupid expensive and rare big box games etc.

As I said I'm only considering this but what are people's experiences with selling bulk lots. Am I better selling to a shop or a single seller.

Al.

P.s. ignore my signature its old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Do you have to sell it immediately?

If not then put it away into storage for a year. If you still want to sell it then, then go for it.

I've heard of so many people who regretted selling collections and bought it all back again. Best to make sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do you have to sell it immediately?

If not then put it away into storage for a year. If you still want to sell it then, then go for it.

I've heard of so many people who regretted selling collections and bought it all back again. Best to make sure!

not immediately but I was gonna sell it and treat my wife n twin 1 year old boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well, directly from your blog -

'What had started as me hoarding and protecting my youth has developed into a passion...'

I wouldn't be too quick to sell on a passion if I were you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

not immediately but I was gonna sell it and treat my wife n twin 1 year old boys.

If you really want to treat them twin boys, you'll keep the collection for them!

They'll love it when they're a bit older

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Steve X2

But if you really want to sell it, get a list together and maybe post it here and get a proper value on the collection. It could be worth more than you think.

And you never know, it might end up in a good retro home rather than with a reseller :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

If you have 500+ games it's worth well more than 1400, even at 5euro a game it would be worth 2500. Are they boxed games?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Don't do it man, you'll regret it in the long run. I don't know how many times I've talked to people who have sold collections like record collections and all they say is they regret it.

If you're a collector, surely you have other retro gear you picked up along the way you could move on instead? My main collection is 2600 based, but I have amassed a lot of other stuff while out looking for 2600 games, and I find it hard to move any of them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

If you sell your precious collection in bulk you get so much less than the real value .
    I would never do it like that .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

If you can deal with the extra hassle, sell the more desirable games individually and just bulk up the common/unboxed ones.

One quick job-lot sale with be much handier but you'll definitely loose out financially.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Advertisement

keithgeo wrote: »
    If you have 500+ games it's worth well more than 1400, even at 5euro a game it would be worth 2500. Are they boxed games?

some boxed but the majority is unboxed.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

ha ha. you could be right.

I have numerous nes consoles and many many games and they are just sitting there at the moment so it kinda kills me that we are finding times tough with money. I'm off work sick since December so we've no income coming in. if I'm honest to my self im more of an unboxed collector so I might let some of the boxed items sealed and unsealed go that I'm less precious of go to a good home. my problem is I don't know where to sell them. the majority of people on adverts and their ideas of the prices of games is often hilarious so hesitating at that and god knows eBay is as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I have numerous nes consoles and many many games and they are just sitting there at the moment so it kinda kills me that we are finding times tough with money. I'm off work sick since December so we've no income coming in. if I'm honest to my self im more of an unboxed collector so I might let some of the boxed items sealed and unsealed go that I'm less precious of go to a good home. my problem is I don't know where to sell them. the majority of people on adverts and their ideas of the prices of games is often hilarious so hesitating at that and god knows eBay is as bad.

Make a thread in the A&R private social group, list the games with prices & at least you'll get a fair audience for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

maybe join that famous Social Group we set up and put them for sale there?
    that way only the 15-20 regulars who are member of it can buy the games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hopefully things turn around for the better for you dude.

maybe join that famous Social Group we set up and put them for sale there?
    that way only the 15-20 regulars who are member of it can buy the games.

what social group is that? I don't spend half enough time in boards.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Make a thread in the A&R private social group, list the games with prices & at least you'll get a fair audience for them

again haven't a notion how to do this so could someone help me do it? I can go through the games I'd let go today and get them up with pics if people want to help me. again I'd probably prefer for them all to go to one good home but if it helps take the stain off and I've money to treat my wife and the twins it would ne great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

it was set up by Ciderman, so I think he'd have to send you an invite.
    the plan was to use it for private sales, and other general chat away from this forum, but never really got off the ground

it was set up by Ciderman, so I think he'd have to send you an invite.
    the plan was to use it for private sales, and other general chat away from this forum, but never really got off the ground

Tried to pm him but the option doesn't seem to be available. Left a "visitor" message for him. I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Al.

Tried to pm him but the option doesn't seem to be available. Left a "visitor" message for him. I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Al.

If you click on his username name above you should get a drop down list with the second option to PM him?

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    If you click on his username name above you should get a drop down list with the second option to PM him?

Sent a pm

unforunately ciderman cant ad me to the group. im definitely gonna be selling a few items but been informed i cant sell them on here. im hesitant to go to adverts so wish me luck. i might try posting my collection on other sites overseas to get better prices. money really is tight at the moment so we need a lift.

unforunately ciderman cant ad me to the group. im definitely gonna be selling a few items but been informed i cant sell them on here. im hesitant to go to adverts so wish me luck. i might try posting my collection on other sites overseas to get better prices. money really is tight at the moment so we need a lift.

Actually yeah I think there's been a freeze on Social Groups for the mo. If you want to draw up a file/list of your stuff, I'll stick it in the group on your behalf if you want to try that first?

Actually yeah I think there's been a freeze on Social Groups for the mo. If you want to draw up a file/list of your stuff, I'll stick it in the group on your behalf if you want to try that first?

Thanks man but im not sure itll be allowed.

Ill pm you the list later if you want?

Al.

Thanks man but im not sure itll be allowed.

Ill pm you the list later if you want?

Al.

I don't see any reason it wouldn't be allowed, sales within the group are allowed. Send it on when you get a chance & I'll post it, just send it on to me in such a way that I can copy/paste it with prices etc

I don't see any reason it wouldn't be allowed, sales within the group are allowed. Send it on when you get a chance & I'll post it, just send it on to me in such a way that I can copy/paste it with prices etc

No doubt all the good stuff will be missing from the list by the time it appears in the group. :pac:

Joking ofcourse.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    No doubt all the good stuff will be missing from the list by the time it appears in the group. :pac:

Joking ofcourse.

Oh how I'd love to pillage all the good stuff :D but at the mo I couldn't even afford a Mario Bros/Duckhunt cart man :( Besides, for NES I'm an NTSC man so yee lads are safe :P

Oh how I'd love to pillage all the good stuff :D but at the mo I couldn't even afford a Mario Bros/Duckhunt cart man :( Besides, for NES I'm an NTSC man so yee lads are safe :P

ntsc man?

ha ha if i sent you a bigger list youd cream yourself.

75% if not more of my collection is ntsc. quite a few prototypes also.

enternow i sent you a pm.

ive decided to just start out small to see are people interested. no point in showing my hand right off the bat and being left with tv dinners. let me know what people think and if ye want more.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I'm sure you're already thinking this, but I'd say the best place to move the rarer games and protos and get a decent price is nintendoage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Sounds like a awe worthy collection. Curses to me having no money......off on holidays in 3 weeks. First world problems aye!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement