Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Naphiel wrote: »
    http://webm.land/media/aTpK.webm

He's still got it. Pretty rude but I love it.

Inoue/Kazu has always had it, he's sick at every game he plays

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Japan's PS+ owners got GG xrd for free this month. Maybe we will get it too? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So after purchasing my arcade stick I was looking for games to play between now and SF5 and I came across this at €26.99 on ps plus.

I played about two hours last night in arcade mode mashing buttons and trying a few moves from the command list.

I reckon I can kinda get into it.

Sol is the obvious one for me as I play ken in SF. Quarter movements with kick and punch suit me.

I tried and liked I no and another character can't remember his name right now, Scottish I think, wears a headband.

Anyway enjoyable so far. Will give it another go tonight.

I could only get to the 4th character in the arcade mode in normal so I better go do some training tonight. I've heard it's decent so hopefully that'll help me.

Is anyone still playing this online in general? I didn't get a chance to check and see could I get a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Conc_juice

I don't play online really but you can add me and ask for games if u see me online(psn conc_juic) but problem is i think you have European version which i'm not sure is patched yet. The way i check to see if it's patched is to pick "Scotish guy" Axl check his command list.
    if there is no special move with the input of back ..forward HS then its patched

Conc_juice wrote: »
    I don't play online really but you can add me and ask for games if u see me online(psn conc_juic) but problem is i think you have European version which i'm not sure is patched yet. The way i check to see if it's patched is to pick "Scotish guy" Axl check his command list.
    if there is no special move with the input of back ..forward HS then its patched

You're right it is axl.

I'd say it is the European version alright as a download from the normal shop here. I don't have US accounts or anything.

I'll check for the patch

Cheers for saying you'd play if you're online but in fairness I was asking more about in general online as in globally are people still playing it?

You and probably 99% of people would be way too good but maybe there's that 1% I could play ok against.

Not yet mind you. I need to put in a good few hours yet before I attempt to venture online.

Looking forward to a few games later. Might go through tutorial and maybe missions.

I'll definitely get my €27 out of it anyway I reckon.

• Advertisement

Ahh yes globally ppl play online. in europe region you will always find ppl gathering in the french lobbies.

The tutorial mode is pretty good in this game, the mission mode is really good as well(be great if more games did mission mode like this)

French lobbies eh. Sounds seedy. lol.

I'll definitely give the missions a go so.

Tbh the main reason I bit the bullet and bought it is I heard it was in depth but had a very good tutorial so that's what I'll start with tonight.

Yesterday I just jumped into arcade out of curiosity.

I loooooooove the animation as well.

To say it's a pretty game is a big understatement and I'm even into anime (did I spell that right) normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

The mission mode is actually very good, teaches you a lot of practical responses to situations and some neat tricks.

I found one of the hardest missions amazingly enough to be the one to do 5 reversal DPs in a row! SF4 it ain't!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Bought this last night on PS4.

Add me Spaced_Harrier for noob level games if im online.

murphyebass is my tag thing if anyone wants to destroy me. Lol.

No point really me playing online right now as anything I've learnt which isn't a lot would go out the window into panicked button mashing as I get my head handed to me! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaNYWN4ZPbMIp0QeMrJxRIvxuFSgS7Uzo

Guilty Gear Top 8 at VS Fighting 5, from last weekend. Got 17th at this, myself.

Macal wrote: »

Mine won't stop now, might need to see a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Inevitable really. She's too popular to not have in it. Just hope her voice is less annoying and its fine since she actually plays neutral. Would still have rathered Testament or ABA though.

Machaboo beat the final boss of GG anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

When's order sol?

Ramza wrote: »
    When's order sol?

Coming in Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator Accent Core Sign +R

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This will most likely be a patch DLC job for the console version so no need for outrage.

This will most likely be a patch DLC job for the console version so no need for outrage.

Not raging, just poking fun at the disliking towards Jam and ArcSystem's history in making loads of updates to their FGs. Hopefully you're right and this'll be a DLC patch rather than an individual game.

I wouldn't bet on dlc update. Xrd was promising with full english patch in jp version on day 1 though so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GATK_Hash

Sup boys

Dunno if this has been posted in and around RS boards aready, but gonna do a wee bit of plugging for the London folk

"NGI, the people who brought you Sakura Fight Festa and Revo 2014 presents...
    Revolution 2015! November 6-8!"

details:
    I can't post the link because I've not posted on the boards before (mostly due to my being from up North and living in Scotland half the time), but it's all available at the ngi-revolution uk url.
    You can also tweet some of the guys for extra info;
    @Frostybolty
    @Rayokarna
    @Firei_UK

I'm heading down with the Dundee guys I live with during Uni time. Players will be heading to it from further afield in Europe - like the Finnish and German players already signed up on the player list.

Would like to see some Irish players make a showing if possible (esp. since I missed the the ones that couldn't make it into Q-con)

Thanks. Sorry about the text wall.

(Also Jam being in Revelator is fantastic news and curse anyone who talks ill of my +R main - Get Testament back and we have an A+++ update)

• Advertisement

http://ngi-revolution.co.uk/

Link for the tourney mentioned above. Heard great things about it last year and am looking at going myself. Can't make any promises yet as I have to check work obligations and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GATK_Hash

Thanks.

Missed it last year as well, but I was at Sakura Fight Festa - met some of the French and Finnish players then
    They're all really dead on guys, and the London guys were really nice.

Good players too.

Video of jack-O and johnny
    https:/ /www. youtube. com/watch?v=OGnaA8cMy2k

Well the ps3 fosho can't handle revelator, so all y'all broke dudes might have to step up if arc system doesn't make a watered down version.

Also Japanese players can vote for next character in xrd using points they earn from playing in Arcade mode,Last i checked Bridget was the most popular so Bridget confirmed??

Conc_juice wrote: »
    Well the ps3 fosho can't handle revelator

I find that notion amusing given that there is bugger all new in it to begin with.

Don't see why this wouldn't get a PS3 release either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Don't see why this wouldn't get a PS3 release either.

What if Sony refuses to certify it on PS3 to drive PS4 sales? :(

Guilty Gear is in no way a system seller, so I doubt that'd be the case.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What if Sony refuses to certify it on PS3 to drive PS4 sales? :(

That's a distinct possibility but there is no logical reasoning that justifies it beyond "F*** you, we want more money."

Well there's no character balance changes between 1.1 and Revelator besides the system changes so people who aren't bothered can still use the current version for practice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Advertisement