Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

The DLC situation is absolute bull no doubt, but it's basically par for the course nowadays.

Frankly if I'm going to get F'd in the A over DLC I'd rather end up playing a decent bloody game.

They stepped over a line by having content on the cover that's not in the game as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

The DLC situation is absolute bull no doubt, but it's basically par for the course nowadays.

Frankly if I'm going to get F'd in the A over DLC I'd rather end up playing a decent bloody game.

Is there confirmation on the English text patch? I'm tempted to just go straight in on the JP version, really my biggest concern would be training mode menus (which I believe Arc generally doesn't do in English like most) - story mode I can do without for a while.

https://twitter.com/Yamanaka_ARC/status/537427399311253504

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Mental conflicting info out there on this. Can I ask:

1) When can I buy this sodding game?

2) What's the best way to do it with with my mothballed PS3?

Please and thanks!

Mental conflicting info out there on this. Can I ask:

1) When can I buy this sodding game?

2) What's the best way to do it with with my mothballed PS3?

Please and thanks!

Hong Kong PSN is the easiest way to get it when it launches tomorrow. Store menus and all are in English so the only real hassle is making an account and buying points (HKD) digitally through a site like play-asia. I can make a post about how to do it if people are interested.

The game releases in America on the 16th. Disc release and digital. Digital requires a US PSN account and US points.

An update about the English patch I mentioned above. Game is said to have full English voices and likely text as well, going off Japanese streams. Game had a 500mb patch this morning which could be it. I'll confirm later tonight when it unlocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Naphiel wrote: »
    Hong Kong PSN is the easiest way to get it when it launches tomorrow. Store menus and all are in English so the only real hassle is making an account and buying points (HKD) digitally through a site like play-asia. I can make a post about how to do it if people are interested.

The game releases in America on the 16th. Disc release and digital. Digital requires a US PSN account and US points.

Please do. I'd be interested.

Hong Kong PSN account is actually really easy to make, since all the menus are in English. Create new user, select region, Hong Kong. Only thing you might not know is regions and such which can just be filled in with something general like: Street Address 1: "1 Harbour Rd" District: "Hong Kong" City: "Wan Chai" Country Region: "Hong Kong".

Points are available from Play-Asia and some other retailers. They sell them digitally and usually have them to you within a minute. It costs 358HK (on PS3, PS4 is more), which will cost around €45-50 probably.

Can find Xrd by just searching Xrd in the search bar.

Everything is available in English in the Japanese version. Text, voices etc.

I'm trying to buy HKD points via PlayAsia on my other email account, the same I used to set up my HK PSN account. Although added that e-mail to my Paypal account, PlayAsia is still requesting to verify my primary e-mail address instead. Does it matter what email address the HKD points are sent to?

You actually just get the code from a digital order summary on the site, so it shouldn't matter.

• Advertisement

sorted. Getting the game downloaded at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Ordered JP copy cause I'm a sucker for having the physical object (bigger sucker nowadays cause 20 patches and DLC right out of the gate).

Wonder if anybody will still be playing by the time it arrives. :V

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GigasBreaker

When did you get playstation mervyn? Also give me your id need to add ya :) Should be getting the Japanese version 2mora. All being well that is

I don't have a playstation. :pac:

Sure I've probably got at least a fortnight to pick one up before it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GigasBreaker

Well when you get one be sure to let me know because we gots learning & leveling up to do. Now for rocky-like montages :D

Just want to note that for anyone who's picked this up and is new to anime games, the mission mode is actually pretty useful in this.

I think the tutorial mode is hands down the best I've ever seen in a fighting game. It doesn't miss a thing AFAIK. It even does throw option selects.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This download. I'll maybe be able to play in a weeks time at this rate...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RiceDigital offering import copies of Xrd from USA, so if you want a physical copy early they've taken care of the customs duties bit.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=xrd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is this out on PS4 yet? If so, is it cross platform play with PS3 users?

EDIT: Didn't realise it was out in the US so soon. I'll just get a digital copy on US PSN.

• Advertisement

This should be in my grasp tomorrow.

*Rubs hands*

Good.

Good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-olL-64qqDE

Sol can get over 50% if he's in Dragon Install with 2 bars of tension to spare. Looks very situational though and apparently requires high execution.

Combos fine, just will only work on a certain amount of the cast and at very specific spacing. The health bars in this game are also pretty weighted, so its really only like 40% of their life. It actually really annoys me that the bottom 35% of life is about the same as the first 65%.

tumblr_ngcr1tFtDO1rn8um6o4_500.gif
    tumblr_ngcr1tFtDO1rn8um6o2_500.gif
    tumblr_ngcr1tFtDO1rn8um6o5_500.gif
    tumblr_ngcr1tFtDO1rn8um6o3_500.gif
    tumblr_ngcr1tFtDO1rn8um6o1_500.gif

Naphiel main spotted.

Planning on playing both him and Millia since his reveal picture. I've only been happy with what I've seen since.
    His IK is giga drill breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Naphiel wrote: »
    Combos fine, just will only work on a certain amount of the cast and at very specific spacing. The health bars in this game are also pretty weighted, so its really only like 40% of their life. It actually really annoys me that the bottom 35% of life is about the same as the first 65%.

This bothers me too. Why did they even do that?

It's the same as the "Magic Pixel" in Marvel. It adds artificial hype to the match by making it appear that more of the game is happening when players have low health.

"Guts" have been a feature in 2D fighters since Street Fighter II ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Sairus wrote: »
    It's the same as the "Magic Pixel" in Marvel. It adds artificial hype to the match by making it appear that more of the game is happening when players have low health.

Oh, okay that makes sense, I guess. Seems unnecessary to me, though.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    "Guts" have been a feature in 2D fighters since Street Fighter II ;)

I didn't know they called it that, thanks. Doesn't it seem like there's more scaling in this game than others, though? Maybe it's just my imagination.

• Advertisement

I think it's a terrible design choice and wish game removed it.

Advertisement