Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Championship Thread 2013

Options
19495969798100»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭harpsman

McGuinness surprised apparently-doesnt look good.
    Mind you this time 2 years ago was Cassidy farrago and we did ok following year so....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

As others have alluded to, I think Gallagher was starting to get itchy feet as a number two and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for the Fermanagh or Sligo jobs.
    What is more concerning for me is the departure of Curran. Rumour last night was that there was a difference of opinion on the direction the team should take for next year and that McGuinness basically told them they had to leave. All speculation at this stage of course but it's not a good start in preparation for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    As others have alluded to, I think Gallagher was starting to get itchy feet as a number two and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for the Fermanagh or Sligo jobs.
    What is more concerning for me is the departure of Curran. Rumour last night was that there was a difference of opinion on the direction the team should take for next year and that McGuinness basically told them they had to leave. All speculation at this stage of course but it's not a good start in preparation for next year.

He seems to have a zero tolerance for anyone who disagrees and falls slightly out of line. Sounds like Cassidy all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭overshoot

iDave wrote: »
    He seems to have a zero tolerance for anyone who disagrees and falls slightly out of line. Sounds like Cassidy all over again.
    in fairness too much tolerance had been an issue in the donegal camp for far too long, but for god sake can Cassidy finally be put to bed, he could have played in the championship last year if he wanted!

not sure what to make of this tho, all been quiet so far. Gallagher i can understand, id imagine hes a shoe in for the fermanagh job, all three is a bit surprising.

Not a fan of the new club strategy, postponing the championship until after Donegal are out. I still maintain thats why the squad was crocked, sure the Four Masters had to play 7 games in 21 days last year after the AI win, the ex county doctor (and still the club doc) has said thats why lacey was in bits this year. I know he wanted to play 2 games before the summer but thats hardly ideal either, the bottom falls out of everything when the championship is out the window. If we are a power again next year, 2015 will be a repeat of this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yeah, the Co Board released a statement this evening saying that the departures were all McG's decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

New backroom team members named, all former players. Paul McGonagle, Damien Diver and John Duffy.

Mods would it be possible to take the last number of posts in this thread out into a thread of their own (maybe it's time for a Donegal GAA Discussion Thread)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I think All Ireland winners deserve a thread of their own .. youse deserve it ! ..others should have to wait :rolleyes:

Advertisement