Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group stool (CAREFUL NOW!) order from Ronnie?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice one lads! :) Should have mine shortly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Pics of mine attached. They are refurbished arcade stools. You can see the parts which rusted (the join/welds) which got sanded and resprayed. Look fine to me. Not a perfect edge along the sides which the cover/foam folds around to the base but good enough.

256826.jpg
    256827.jpg
    256828.jpg

Master of the Universe

Woohoo! Delighted we jumped on these. I'm sure that edge could be easily fixed with a bit of care.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

They look cool Kerb, well done. The uneven edges look like they just haven't used enough staples - it takes time to get it right so if they were doing a large batch of them I'd imagine they got p1ssed off pretty quick trying to get perfect edges. If you could be arsed, you could sort that easy enough, take off the black lining to get at the fabric underneath and just pull it even and staple.

Also, first ever crotch shot in a get pic! :pac:

You leaving them for the mouldy arses in your workplace or taking them home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

These stools look great. A no brainer option. Ronnie should be rethinking his prices and offering based on this.

So what colour stool would peeps recommend to compliment by Atomiswave?

In accepting this award I want to thank my parents for always being there in support of my efforts...

I thought the funky floor tiles would have got more of a mention :) architects when they go mad with office design...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sure is a lot of stool in this thread

These stools look great. A no brainer option. Ronnie should be rethinking his prices and offering based on this.

So what colour stool would peeps recommend to compliment by Atomiswave?

While black is OK, the red one I got looks better so I'd suggest (if they come back in stock) either the blue or red.
    You leaving them for the mouldy arses in your workplace or taking them home?

Both at home on front of my cut down Naomi, replacing my two little IKEA stools. The new ones are better as those who are taller than 6 foot can shove their excess leggage underneath when sitting down

256918.jpg

Master of the Universe

Box from 'NEO LEGEND' waiting for me in Bray. Yes!

Have to go out to Bray now and bring them home to Clontarf on public transport. This should be interesting :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »

Have to go out to Bray now and bring them home to Clontarf on public transport. This should be interesting :pac:

That's very far. I can get them for you and test them out in Shankill :)

lol, well the 2 will easily fit in one box despite them shipping both seperatly, even if you dispense with the boxes there tiny really :)

Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    That's very far. I can get them for you and test them out in Shankill :)

I guess I could always whip them out on the bus and sit on them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I guess I could always whip them out on the bus and sit on them :pac:

Ouch!!!

Master of the Universe

Hah, Sitting on my stools on Abbey street waiting for my second bus. Theyre pretty cosy!

Master of the Universe

Some photos! Quite fond of the black covers, they look much nicer in person than in the photos.

Damn they're cosy. I didn't realize just how low to the ground they were though. Might have to heighten them a little bit to use with the Pony due to the screen angle.

First two are the story of my life - I need a damn car! That and some Haagen Dazs.

2013-06-05203851_zps84c0bc7d.jpg

2013-06-05204640_zps419e009c.jpg

2013-06-05222322_zpsc8d16d4e.jpg

2013-06-06083555_zps8679a4ef.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I need Haagen Dazs now too! Plus Bradley Cooper approves of your purchase it seems

Master of the Universe

I was wondering who that guy was! :D recognised the face.

I'll just echo what the other guys have already said, these stools are most definitely arcade refurbs. I've never seen a Taito original in person, but they don't look like they were fabricated any time recently.

Absolute steal at the price they're going for. Fingers crossed Neo Legend will be getting loads more in, wouldn't mind a couple more :)

The stools look great o1s1n. Roughly what height are they btw, mine are about 40cm high I think. Either yours are smaller still or your CP is higher than the AWSD/Egrets? Curious.

Master of the Universe

Just measured and theyre 40cm too. Theres 21cm gap from the top of the stool to the CP.
    Had another go and the height is actually fine :) I'd gotten used sitting higher on my old stools so the drop down threw me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Haas quality...you robbed the disabled/granny seat on the bus for their benefit as well.Kudos
    FU 90 year old granny or spina biffida suffer,my arcade stool is the sh1t and worth more the you :)

Lookin at them there they do look exceptionally low.
    Will you be able to see the whole pony screen comfortably considering the slanted angle
    on them yolks

Master of the Universe

Haas quality...you robbed the disabled/granny seat on the bus for their benefit as well.Kudos
    FU 90 year old granny or spina biffida suffer,my arcade stool is the sh1t and worth more the you :)

Lookin at them there they do look exceptionally low.
    Will you be able to see the whole pony screen comfortably considering the slanted angle
    on them yolks

Played lots of Raiden II on the Pony yesterday to test out the height, they're actually fine. It kind of suits shmups as you spend most of your time looking at your ship in the bottom 2/3 of the screen.

The other stools I had were the height of the CP and it put your eyes bang in the middle of the screen. Because of this I was being caught by some stray tank bullets in Raiden coming from the bottom - not happening nearly as much anymore now believe it or not :D

Master of the Universe

Looks like Ronnie has gotten on the stool refurbishment train! Has 15 for sale. Still a tenner more expensive than Neo Legend.

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=24526

Missing the ferrules on those too.

Master of the Universe

Yeah for the price they're selling at you'd think he'd have stuck some on!

Maybe the stools have those black feet ends which fit just inside the leg and poke out at the end?
    The foam finish looks better, prob the orignal foam/fabric and the shipping seems to be a set 22euro

Master of the Universe

That's very possible. If you zoom in on the legs on the blue stool there's a little line of black a few mm wide.

Advertisement