Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

decent brand of wiper blades

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Wibbs wrote: »
    70 quid for a pair of wiper blades? :eek: What were they made from, parts of the Shroud of Turin? Jeeeebus.

That was shipped from BMWminiparts, think they were €68. Cheaper than me driving for an hour to Prentice of Duffys.

Wipers for the E38 are two different, specific sizes, I wouldn't trust a motor factors to get the correct ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

cadaliac wrote: »
    I was quoted the same for aero blades for a Volvo s80.
    I am expecting the Alca ones from ebay here next tuesday for €25 delivered from the UK.
    I am willing to try the Alca blades out before shelling out 70 bucks for fcuking wipers.
    They are the conversion kit also. The Bosh ones were ~ €45 and up delivered.
    Got the ALCA blades and am delighted. (€26 delivered from e-bay)
    Quiet at speed and clean the screen properly. Longivity is the one now. 2 out of 3 isn't bad, for the price....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Wipers for the E38 are two different, specific sizes, I wouldn't trust a motor factors to get the correct ones.

Plenty of cars have two different wiper sizes. The Xantia has a 21" and a 20" on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

BX 19 wrote: »
    Plenty of cars have two different wiper sizes. The Xantia has a 21" and a 20" on the front.

Ive bosch flat blades on my car. I got 2 years out of them no problem. Only swapped them as I got new screen.
    I would suggest that there is another issue if blades need changing after 3 months unless you are driving about 30k miles in those 3 months.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

BX 19 wrote: »
    My car the same and the previous and the one before that. Never once had an issue getting blades. :confused:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Wibbs wrote: »
    My car the same and the previous and the one before that. Never once had an issue getting blades. :confused:

It's never been an issue here. Just take a tape measure to them before going into the motor factors to make sure your using the right ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Xenophile wrote: »
    BMW do not have their own wiper blade factory. Find out who are the original OEM (original equipment manufacturer) for BMW and buy them for a fraction of the price from a Motor Factor.

Bosch wiper blades are expensive; they are about €50 in Halfords or a motor factors. Even from eBay, the genuine Bosch blades are around this price when you add in delivery.

I've used a couple of sets of genuine Bosch blades in the past and in both cases the passenger side blade didn't sit correctly on the windscreen, and as a result it didn't clear the windscreen properly on that side.

I wonder would the specific BMW brand Bosch blades do a better job?

Advertisement