Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SteamGifts Boards.ie private group (No Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

signature.png

signature.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Now that I think of it, having only started using Steam Gifts a week ago, can someone explain how it works?

The entry points etc. I understand it cross-references our Steam name to make sure we are part of the Steam Group, but do those entry points refresh often or whats the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Now that I think of it, having only started using Steam Gifts a week ago, can someone explain how it works?

The entry points etc. I understand it cross-references our Steam name to make sure we are part of the Steam Group, but do those entry points refresh often or whats the story?

You receive points based on giveaways started by everyone else. Not sure of the exact amount, but I think it's 5% of the value of the giveaway (in US$). So if you create a giveaway for a game worth $40 on Steam, everyone except you has 2 points added to their total. And to stop people entering every giveaway, your total is capped at 300 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

There is a good intro FAQ here.
    And the main FAQ is here.
    There is a 'Sync Account' option in the Account tab at the top if that is what you mean?

Also, I've been wondering, so far I've just been directly emailing winners the Steam codes.
    What do you think? Is that a good idea?
    Or should we be using the Steam App to gift the Game Codes?

Edit: Oh, btw, all my giftable games are in a text file, and not actually in my Steam A/c, that's why I ask :)

Sending the codes directly by email is fine as far as I'm concerned. The only reason to go via Steam trade would be to have some comeback if the recipient or gifter start acting the maggot, but hopefully that won't be an issue here.

Besides, if you buy a game on Amazon.com for example (or get just a code anywhere else), there isn't a way to tie it to your actual Steam inventory as a gift as far as I know??

• Advertisement

Heh, was given this by a friend, but had bought it myself last week!! So it's up for grabs.

signature.png

Ahh, that's cool yeah, I guess it's a non-issue then.
    Emailing seems more direct to me.

Yeah, I've still loads of games from Amazon's sales at Xmas, and the current sale is pretty good too. :)

I was thinking of maybe offering up some high-end titles that I bought as a 'contributer only' giveaway which
    would reward those that have contributed already, and maybe encourage those that haven't to get involved.
    It may be too soon, though, what do you think?

Edit: Nice Giveaway McSasquatch :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Thanks for the invite. Here's a copy of Bioshock up for grabs :)

signature.png

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Korvanica won Slam Bolt Scrappers :)

I was going to make Arkham a contributor only giveaway meself (just set it to $00.01) but thought it might be better to wait a month or so - would give everyone a chance to contribute something. Peeps might not have codes lying around spare, but would like to buy a game to donate, but only get paid monthly or whatever :pac:

And thanks Moon. The link's not working though... so I either created the image incorrectly, or maybe iot doesn't work til the giveaway becomes active? Meh, I'll check again in the morning - sure it'll be open til Friday evening!

Edit: Nope, deconduo's giveaway link works fine, so I've done something incorrectly.... Let me sort this out!

• Advertisement

Braniac won Droplitz

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I was going to make Arkham a contributor only giveaway meself (just set it to $00.01) but thought it might be better to wait a month or so - would give everyone a chance to contribute something. Peeps might not have codes lying around spare, but would like to buy a game to donate, but only get paid monthly or whatever :pac:

And thanks Moon. The link's not working though... so I either created the image incorrectly, or maybe iot doesn't work til the giveaway becomes active? Meh, I'll check again in the morning - sure it'll be open til Friday evening!

Edit: Nope, deconduo's giveaway link works fine, so I've done something incorrectly.... Let me sort this out!

Fixed it for you:

signature.png

[html]signature.png[/html]

Just click signature beside the comments tab and copy the link from there :)

Cool, thanks guys - I was missing the outer url tags.

signature.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm curious, does that work well with keyboard and mouse? Never played the game before, just watched a friend play it on xbox. Seems like it'd be easier with a controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Braniac won Droplitz

and thank you very much :D

Angron wrote: »
    I'm curious, does that work well with keyboard and mouse? Never played the game before, just watched a friend play it on xbox. Seems like it'd be easier with a controller.

I've tried with both and reckon combat is easier with the pad, but stealthing is easier with the kb and mouse (which I normally prefer for all types of games). Sticking with the pad for now and have had no real problem.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Angron wrote: »

I played both with keyboard and mouse and found it very good. Takes a bit of getting used to but it works.

Yeah, it can be a bit fecky to get the code right but Dec's sorted it out. :)

If it helps anyone the Giveaway code should look like this to look cool and be clickable...
    [PHP]

signature.png
    [/PHP]

Nice giveaway Dec.
    Actually Bioshock was the game that got me back into gaming back a few years ago.
    Absolutely loved that game.

Yeah Angron, it works great with Keyboard/Mouse and I thought it was equally as good with a controller,
    although with the mouse would have a slight edge when you want to whip around real quick.
    It's fun either way :)

Quick question for the mods, any idea why my sent messages don't save? Im trying to see if id pm'd someone a key but there's no messages in my sent folder for some reason, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

signature.png

Just another little giveaway for everyone, good luck guys! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I'd like to join in the fun and game please

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dotcotton/

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

signature.png

hey Guys,

for those who don't have deadlight ;) give it a chance, it's a great game!

Thx Moon54 for Demigod ! it looks awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Korvanica won Slam Bolt Scrappers :)

Thank you,

Wow lads, the giveaways are getting class. May step it up too later.

MoonRaker has won Cogs, will send it on later.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

hi all
    my first boards group give away ...

good luck
    signature.png

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭r@t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Jaysus I'll definitely have to see if I can nab anything to give away. These giveaways are getting too good!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I would like to play!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/0025522599/

I have a 75% off coupon for Shogun 2 if anyone wants it. Expires tomorrow! I'm not sure how to give it away though...will work it out.

I also have a copy of Half Life 2 to donate once I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My turn to chip in I think...

signature.png

• Advertisement

Fairy Bloom Freesia

signature.png

Advertisement