Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Runway/Infrastructure.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

No it is not. as all the preparation has already been done and infrastructure is in place. That extension should not be an 8 figure build project.

And your proof for this is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

The documents which were attached to this thread by others which they misinterpreted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The documents which were attached to this thread by others which they misinterpreted.

How did they misinterpret them? You're not providing anything here

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭pauraic1990

Aphex wrote: »
    Anyone know the reason for the new 308T stand?

2a9a151.jpg

Here the photo from my friend here. Clearly shown the 308T and as well 308R

346055.jpg

I just wonder is the bus gate in C Pier in use? As I seen on Dublin Airport App that one of the flight using gate 335.

I just wonder is the bus gate in C Pier in use? As I seen on Dublin Airport App that one of the flight using gate 335.

These are used for Stobart flights during busy periods I thought? You can see them from the airside (departures) link corridor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

No it is not. as all the preparation has already been done and infrastructure is in place. That extension should not be an 8 figure build project.
    L1011 wrote: »
    How did they misinterpret them? You're not providing anything here

The new spaces are coming in cheaper than the previous spaces, possibly because of the earlier work. Also how have they been misinterpreted?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

You seem to be the one misinterpreting everything quoted in order to suit your agenda. I'm not quite sure what your issue with all of this is, even if the daa got a raw deal it's their money at the end of the day.

lord lucan wrote: »
    You seem to be the one misinterpreting everything quoted in order to suit your agenda. I'm not quite sure what your issue with all of this is, even if the daa got a raw deal it's their money at the end of the day.
    their money? give that some consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

They spend their money and plan on getting it back through charging their customers to use the facility - what is there to think about - it is the same as every business out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

They're a semi state in name only, they finance projects themselves and even pay the government a dividend. If they deem the project will be profitable then they go build it, they're not frittering away taxpayers money on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Whose money is it then? It's a semi state company.

lord lucan wrote: »
    They're a semi state in name only, they finance projects themselves and even pay the government a dividend. If they deem the project will be profitable then they go build it, they're not frittering away taxpayers money on it.
    When did they pay to privatise this piece of national infrastructure? The dividends they pay to the people of Ireland are derisory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

When did they pay to privatise this piece of national infrastructure? The dividends they pay to the people of Ireland are derisory.

Whatever they pay or don't pay, they contribute over 5 billion to the economy by giving tourists a gateway to Ireland. Then there is also the 30,000+ jobs in the area.

There should be 30 to 35 million coming in.
    If they aren't delivering dividend then they should be delivering more business and holiday visitors to Ireland.

if they were any good they'd have got enough visitors coming through to build the runways and terminals years before.

There should be 30 to 35 million coming in.
    If they aren't delivering dividend then they should be delivering more business and holiday visitors to Ireland.

if they were any good they'd have got enough visitors coming through to build the runways and terminals years before.

What justification do you have for these figures?

L1011 wrote: »
    What justification do you have for these figures?
    most everyone in europe has conversational english and Ireland is an obvious destination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Here the photo from my friend here. Clearly shown the 308T and as well 308R

346055.jpg

Here it is caught from a different perspective while soaking up the rays :cool:

aaaknq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

18monthslave, your last 2 posts prove that you are just here to wind people up. You obviously have some axe to grind with DAA and are pulling figures from thin air. Why 30-35 million, and please could you explain your English language theory in more detail? If ALmost everyone in Europe speaks English then surely it makes no difference what country they visit as people in that country will have English too.

most everyone in europe has conversational english and Ireland is an obvious destination

So, nothing then. Thought as much.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Is it really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,482 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Saw this on twitter. Pic of queues yesterday for passport control

CDjbmCMW8AAkJM4.jpg

Why can't they get a grip on this? This is the first impression people get of Ireland. It's disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭markpb

I've never seen anything like that. I presume something happened to create a situation like that?

CDjbmCMW8AAkJM4.jpg

Why can't they get a grip on this? This is the first impression people get of Ireland. It's disgraceful.

That's not even funny, EU passengers should be flying through but they only ever have 2-3 booths open. Airlines should slaughter them for it and put real pressure on them to get more booths open more often.

That queue must be well over an hour long, I came back from London last September and the queue was three quarters of the length of the snaked area and it took 30mins alone from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

That's absolutely terrible, did the DAA learn nothing from the UK Border Force delays up until recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Isn't that Terminal 1? Pretty definite it ain't T2 anyway.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Isn't that Terminal 1? Pretty definite it ain't T2 anyway.

Yep spot-on T1.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,555 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

That is one of the joys of flying with airlines that use the 3XX gates - passport queues are non-existent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Jack1985 wrote: »
    That's absolutely terrible, did the DAA learn nothing from the UK Border Force delays up until recently?

DAA have little or no input into passport control.

veetwin wrote: »
    DAA have little or no input into passport control.

Understand it's under the remit of the INIS, didn't the DAA have a major push for civil servants to run passport control (INIS instead of GNIB) to avoid these sort of issues? What's gone on? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,555 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Understand it's under the remit of the INIS, didn't the DAA have a major push for civil servants to run passport control (INIS instead of GNIB) to avoid these sort of issues? What's gone on? :confused:

The civilianisation process is underway, but is not due for completion until the end of the year.

The process had nothing to do with the DAA, but rather the Department of Justice and INIS/GNIB.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Minister%20Fitzgerald%20announces%20major%20immigration%20civilianisation%20initiative

Advertisement