Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council given powers to check waste bill door-to-door

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

HurtLocker wrote: »
    I don't really care about the environment.
    You'd start to care pretty quickly if your environment began to impact on your health.
    HurtLocker wrote: »
    Putting wrappers in a stove is very minuscule in the giant scheme of things. Attacking me or anyone for doing such is grasping at straws.
    So how much rubbish should someone be allowed burn in their stove before it becomes an issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

djpbarry wrote: »
    You'd start to care pretty quickly if your environment began to impact on your health.
    Probably but that includes pretty much everyone. Then again if the average joe cared high pollution emitting activities they'd be banned rather than taxed higher.

I doubt much that many people complain they're paying too little for car fuel or coal.
    djpbarry wrote: »
    So how much rubbish should someone be allowed burn in their stove before it becomes an issue?
    However much your conscience can take :D . How much pollution should an individual be allowed emit? From what I can see is as long as you pay the relevant tax to the relevant EU country coffers you can burn baby burn.

Should someone be fined for burning anything other than coal, timbre or briquettes. You'd have 99% the country. How would one enforce it?

Again I don't care. I'm being honest. Very few people really care when it comes down to it. In Ireland people have taken a small bit of notice because if carbon taxes and the reasoning the government used for it.

On a global scale outside of the EU nothing has changed, yanks still drive huge cars and the Chinese put whatever they want in our water.

Advertisement