Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoT characters in other shows/movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The guy who played Dontos Holland (the drunk guy Joffrey tried to drown with wine who whisked Sansa away after the PW) was in the new series of Derek, think it was the 3rd episode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

krudler wrote: »
    The guy who played Dontos Holland (the drunk guy Joffrey tried to drown with wine who whisked Sansa away after the PW) was in the new series of Derek, think it was the 3rd episode

him and his arse were also in the new tom cruise movie edge of tomorrow.

as well as the guy who played locke as the scientist.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mac B

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, Michelle Fairly, Lady C Stark, is the main baddie in 24 season 9, and she is brilliantly evil in it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

him and his arse were also in the new tom cruise movie edge of tomorrow.

Noah Taylor? he's been in loads, both Tomb Raider movies, Vanilla Sky, The Life Aquatic, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to name but a few, definitely a "that guy from that thing" actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

krudler wrote: »
    Noah Taylor? he's been in loads, both Tomb Raider movies, Vanilla Sky, The Life Aquatic, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to name but a few, definitely a "that guy from that thing" actor.
    He's a pretty successful teen actor from back in the day. Just doesn't have the good looks to be a leading man when older. His best work was probably Shine and first film I've seen him in was The Year My Voice Broke. Yes I am showing my age for knowing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Noah Taylor. As Locke, he's has been cast against type in Game of Thrones. He's played nerds in anything in which I've seen him before.

3125385_ori.jpg

Give him a beard, a sword and a northern english accent, and he's a badass.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKjNXXWyfoiCR0fR7ORLSpucMJ5W_w4NrXBI8W-uqGzy-quKFc

Found a few other good ones here:

acteurs-avant-game-of-thrones-diana-rigg.jpg

acteurs-avant-game-of-thrones-charles-dance.jpg

acteurs-avant-game-of-thrones-mark-addy.jpg

acteurs-avant-game-of-thrones-julian-glover.jpg

acteurs-avant-game-of-thrones-paul-kaye.jpg

acteurs-avant-game-of-thrones-stephen-dillane.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

It doesn't look like anyone has brought this one up yet (apologies if they have), Rory McCann (The Hound) was in an absolutely brilliant, and unfortunately short lived Channel 4 series called "The Book Group".

It only lasted for two series, 12 episodes in total. The first series was floating around on YouTube for a while, not sure if it still is, but check it out if you ever get the chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Buffy fans (like me!) might recognise Pedro Pascal (Oberyn) in the episode where she has her first day of college.

Iwan Rheon (Ramsay) was in the God awful ITV1 sitcom starring Ian McKellen last year, I'm presuming it hasn't been renewed for a second series!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

He's a pretty successful teen actor from back in the day. Just doesn't have the good looks to be a leading man when older. His best work was probably Shine and first film I've seen him in was The Year My Voice Broke. Yes I am showing my age for knowing that.
    I love that film, stunned to hear he's the same actor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Peter Dinklage on "Oz" (credited as a stunt man):

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Mace tyrell was in a few episodes of coronation street as a neurosurgeon.

Pedro pascal is in The Mentalist.

And I disagree, but my mom is adamant that Michelle fairley is the woman in the latest UPC ad. Anyone able to confirm or deny this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Mace tyrell was in a few episodes of coronation street as a neurosurgeon.

Pedro pascal is in The Mentalist.

And I disagree, but my mom is adamant that Michelle fairley is the woman in the latest UPC ad. Anyone able to confirm or deny this?
    Is it this ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Paddy Cow wrote: »

It really looks like her, I thought it was too for a minute, but now I don't think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It really looks like her, I thought it was too for a minute, but now I don't think it is.
    It's not her. It says in the youtube description that it's Martha O'Reilly. I was asking the other poster if that was the ad they are talking about. I haven't had a tv for 18 mths so I haven't a clue what ads are on now. If that is the one they are talking about, he can tell his mother that she is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Yup that's the ad! Excellent. Knew well it wasn't her. Oh and I'm a she :o

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

I was also 100% sure that that was Michelle Fairley in the UPC ad. Every time it came on I'd stop and try figure it out, eventually googled it!
    Its not another TV Show or Movie but Grey Worm has recently brought out a new song, singing under his stage name Raleigh Ritchie - Stronger Than Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Ive seen him in a lot of stuff, he is a great actor. He was never what youd call good looking but he has a great "character" face (like Geoffrey Rush).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

There's a resemblance alright but it's definitely not her.

Michelle Fairley is however in this Northern Irish tourism ad that's on TV at the moment:

... as well as being on the new series of 24. She's keeping busy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,144 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Dunno if it's been mentioned but Grand Maester Pycelle drove an AT-AT

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

duploelabs wrote: »
    Dunno if it's been mentioned but Grand Maester Pycelle drove an AT-AT
    Really? Surprised we haven't seen that yet. Maybe they'll bring it out to fight the Dragons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Noah Taylor. As Locke, he's has been cast against type in Game of Thrones. He's played nerds in anything in which I've seen him before.

He also played a young Adolf Hitler in Max

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭golfball37

Ser Jorah with a balding mullet on RTE last night in the movie Tara Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

Saw Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen Reed) in a trailer for a movie called "The Maze Runner" last night.

Presume its already been mentioned on here that he was in Love Actually and Nanny McPhee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Ygritte was in the opening episode of Utopia on c4 last night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I'm sure that this has been said before but I got a shock seeing Varys in suits

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It's not her. It says in the youtube description that it's Martha O'Reilly. I was asking the other poster if that was the ad they are talking about. I haven't had a tv for 18 mths so I haven't a clue what ads are on now. If that is the one they are talking about, he can tell his mother that she is wrong.
    I know some1 who stills insists its Michelle Fairley in the ad,youtube video be damned :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

She fairly isn't Michelle Fairley...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

GerB40 wrote: »
    She fairly isn't Michelle Fairley...

There's a stark contrast between them...

Heh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

There's a stark contrast between them...

Heh :)

Fantastic...

Advertisement