Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoT characters in other shows/movies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Quiet Girl

Is he?

Yep, very talented guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Donald Sumpter (Maester Luwin) is currently starting in a mini-series on Channel 4 called The Mill.

he had a recurring part in 'Being Human' too, 2 or 3 episodes.

edit: 9 episodes according to IMDB wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Quiet Girl wrote: »
    Littlefinger is John-boy from love/hate

It's gas, he played a corrupt mayor in the wire, a Dublin gangster in love/hate and a deceptive manipulator in thrones. Guess who he's playing next?? Charles Haughey. That's not even a joke, he's literally been preparing for this role since he became an actor..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Quiet Girl

It's gas, he played a corrupt mayor in the wire, a Dublin gangster in love/hate and a deceptive manipulator in thrones. Guess who he's playing next?? Charles Haughey. That's not even a joke, he's literally been preparing for this role since he became an actor..

haha no way, that should be interesting!! He is just such a talented actor!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

The Lannisters once tried their hand at synth pop...back in the 80's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Nothing new but I'm watching Harry Potter and when Filch comes on the screen, the first thing that comes into my head is "****ing Walder Frey prick."

Nothing new but I'm watching Harry Potter and when Filch comes on the screen, the first thing that comes into my head is "****ing Walder Frey prick."

We should have known from Harry Potter that he'd be a total prîck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

The
    (ex!)
    King in the North is in a channel four short series Sirens (unfortunately wasn't renewed)

It's on Netflix and is worth a watch if you like Teachers style dry comedy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Cliste wrote: »
    The
    (ex!)
    King in the North is in a channel four short series Sirens (unfortunately wasn't renewed)

It's on Netflix and is worth a watch if you like Teachers style dry comedy :)

I totally forgot he was in that! Must give it a re-watch, very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Thats what I thought when I spotted him in The Worlds End too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Add Batman Begins to that list, ****ing Joffrey, merry christmas. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Was watching The Tunnel on Sky Atlantic the other day when it occurred to me Stannis Baretheon is one of the leads in it! Can't be arsed to look up his real name.

mutley18 wrote: »
    Was watching The Tunnel on Sky Atlantic the other day when it occurred to me Stannis Baretheon is one of the leads in it! Can't be arsed to look up his real name.
    Stephen Dillane.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

so how many irish actors are in GoT altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

celica00 wrote: »
    so how many irish actors are in GoT altogether?

Roose Bolton (Michael McElhatton), Davos Seaworth (Liam Cunningham), Varys (Conleth Hill), Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen), Joffrey (Jack Gleeson), Catelyn (Michelle Fairley) are the ones I can think of.

Probably a few other minor characters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Watched the the guard last night and i believe liam cunningham is the main bad guy.

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Roose Bolton (Michael McElhatton), Davos Seaworth (Liam Cunningham), Varys (Conleth Hill), Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen), Joffrey (Jack Gleeson), Catelyn (Michelle Fairley) are the ones I can think of.

Probably a few other minor characters too.

Mance Rayder (Ciaran Hinds). Although I would have said he was Northern Irish, his Wikipedia page claims him as Irish.

Oh, and Yoren (Francis Magee)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Mance Rayder (Ciaran Hinds). Although I would have said he was Northern Irish, his Wikipedia page claims him as Irish.

Oh, and Yoren (Francis Magee)

Michelle Fairley and Conleth Hill are both Northern Irish. I was including actors from there too. I think Tommen and Myrcella may also be Northern Irish.

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Michelle Fairley and Conleth Hill are both Northern Irish. I was including actors from there too. I think Tommen and Myrcella may also be Northern Irish.

Cool.

Rickon Stark (Art Parkinson) - born in Donegal.

And how could we forget??? HODOR!!! (Kristian Nairn, from Belfast) - mind you, he doesnt give much of the accent away ;)

Beric Dondarrion (the second incarnation - there was a brief appearance in Season 1 with a different actor) is Richard Dormer, another Northern Irish actor. For some reason I thought he was Scottish - he reminds me a little bit of Jorah Mormont.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Ballon Greyjoy has a small part in Billy Elliot, he's the dude that is in charge of the audition for the posh ballet school

• Advertisement

Saw quite surprised when I realised this one, don't think it's been mentioned here but Thoros of Myr is Mike Strutter from Strutter on MTV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭golfball37

Saw quite surprised when I realised this one, don't think it's been mentioned here but Thoros of Myr is Mike Strutter from Strutter on MTV

And Dennis Pennis from years ago.

golfball37 wrote: »
    And Dennis Pennis from years ago.

And Pete Thong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

And Pete Thong :)
    And Maurice from the Victor Chandler ads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Quite suprised to see a very little king joffery running from dragons in reign of fire. So it seems batman has had 2 chances to rid the world of this tyrant and failed both times. More worringly it does make you think that joffery may have more experience in dragon handling than even the targaryens.

Roose Bolton as Johnner Byrne in I Went Down, and as the baldly bank manager Cillian Murphy's missus hooks up with in Intermission.

Quite suprised to see a very little king joffery running from dragons in reign of fire. So it seems batman has had 2 chances to rid the world of this tyrant and failed both times. More worringly it does make you think that joffery may have more experience in dragon handling than even the targaryens.

Didn't he play a very young Bruce Wayne? So he is in fact Batman! Unless of course you expected Batman to rid the world of the tyrant by doing the honourable thing and flinging himself off the tallest building in Gotham! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

mutley18 wrote: »
    Didn't he play a very young Bruce Wayne? So he is in fact Batman! Unless of course you expected Batman to rid the world of the tyrant by doing the honourable thing and flinging himself off the tallest building in Gotham! :P

No he appears in Begins as a kid who sees Batman while on his apartment fire escape and Batman gives him one of his gadgets.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    No he appears in Begins as a kid who sees Batman while on his apartment fire escape and Batman gives him one of his gadgets.

Ah right I haven't seen it in ages, I thought he was young Bruce witnessing his parents get murdered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Peter Dinklage was in a sci-fi TV show called Threshold from 2005 that got cancelled after one season. Funnily enough he was big into booze and ladies in that too :P

Advertisement