Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kanye West Album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

floggg wrote: »
    First time I've ever heard her Monster verse called anything less than great.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

To be honest it's the first time Iv heard it being called great, it's a rubbish song imo. Its possibly the worst track on the album and not just because of niki, even jay is cringeworthy on it.

I'm not hating but kanye isn't immune to putting out rubbish , he's released his fair share of it infact a whole album of trying to sing says about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Not a huge fan of 808s myself but when Kanye performed heartless live last summer in the o2 it was actually one of the best things about the night despite the autotune

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

LUPE wrote: »
    Cole's album will be better

It's interesting to see that he purposefully moved the release date of his album so that he could go against Kanye.

The last person to do that was 50 and he lost. Although, I'm not sure you can really refer to selling 690k CDs in one week as 'losing'.

That's interesting I didn't know cole pushed up his release date, he doesn't have the same commercial presence as kanye but it could work out for him.

I remember the 50 v kanye build up and it was entertaining even though it was clearly staged but kanye was deservedly the out right winner both musically and sales wise. It was the biggest selling week in the history of hip hop so they achieved something in a way.

Hip hop needs more head to heads amongst it's bigger artists again IMO , a lot of them are afraid to battle each other never mind release albums on the same day.

@paddy Ye in fairness that was fairly epic !.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

floggg wrote: »
    How anybody can find French Montana likeable just baffles me.

I honestly can't understand how he has a career.

This piece explains a bit of what I like about him.
    http://passionweiss.com/2013/03/21/the-goon-croon-of-french-montana-future/

He's wildly inconsistent of course but he's got his moments. The slurred delivery is fun.

• Advertisement

That's interesting I didn't know cole pushed up his release date, he doesn't have the same commercial presence as kanye but it could work out for him.
    "I worked too hard to come a week later after Kanye West drops an amazing album," Cole told Billboard.com on Tuesday. "It'd be like, 'Oh and J.Cole dropped too, a week later.' Nah. I'm going to go see him on that date. He's the greatest. So it's like, I'm a competitor by nature so it was instant, it wasn't even a thought."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1707857/j-cole-challenges-kanye-west.jhtml
    I remember the 50 v kanye build up and it was entertaining even though it was clearly staged but kanye was deservedly the out right winner both musically and sales wise. It was the biggest selling week in the history of hip hop so they achieved something in a way.

Chamillionaire released his second album the week after Kanye and 50. IT bombed. It sold absolutely nothing. His album is better than 50's and it's not far off of 'Graduation', in my opinion.

I can imagine people weren't really up for going out to buy too many other albums the week after one of the most hyped 'feuds' of recent years.

fair play to cole, he's right too in fairness.

Ye curtis had its moments with the likes of i get money and a few more but for the best part it was too commercial and lacked depth altogether. kanye wiped the floor with him and i take your word for cham's album being better too but i do have high hopes for 50s new album street king, he's putting out some good music and seems to have found that bite/hunger to succeed again even going back to his mixtape roots.

In all im looking forward to hearing cdq versions of both kanye's new songs, new slaves sounds unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

50 has put out a couple of good tunes lately but that's been after a few years of really half hearted stuff. I don't really expect him to do much this time around. He's let his style get too dated. Maybe in 5 years he'll be around when the 2nd wave of that sound comes around like Juicy J is now.

Chamillionaire seems to me to have been the victim of label mismanagement. Maybe he needed another crossover hit like Ridin Dirty. Whatever the case he completely fell off the map in terms of you seeing him on TV. Or featured on other peoples tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kingsenny

Blisterman wrote: »
    808's was probably his weakest work, but I still think it holds its own fairly well. It sounded like nothing else at the time, and there's no denying its influence, for better or worse on modern RnB and hip-hop. Drake, Kid Cudi, Frank Ocean, The Weeknd etc.

If I had to rank his albums, it'd be:

1. Late Registration
    2. Graduation
    3. College Dropout
    4. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
    5. 808s and Heartbreak.

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
    2. Graduation
    3. College Dropout
    4. 808s and Heartbreak
    5. Late Registration

50 has put out a couple of good tunes lately but that's been after a few years of really half hearted stuff. I don't really expect him to do much this time around. He's let his style get too dated. Maybe in 5 years he'll be around when the 2nd wave of that sound comes around like Juicy J is now.

Chamillionaire seems to me to have been the victim of label mismanagement. Maybe he needed another crossover hit like Ridin Dirty. Whatever the case he completely fell off the map in terms of you seeing him on TV. Or featured on other peoples tunes.

Without derailing the thread anymore I'd agree with what you said about 50. His last 2 albums have been average at best but I do think this time round he will hit the nail on the head.

The only thing I wouldn't agree with is letting his style get outdated he's a gangsta rapper so his content shouldn't really be compared to a kanye etc but he's released enough material via mixtapes and the bit off his album to have me thinking this time round he knows he has to deliver.

I don't listen to enough of Cham to comment on him to that extent tbh.

• Advertisement

kingsenny wrote: »
    1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
    2. Graduation
    3. College Dropout
    4. 808s and Heartbreak
    5. Late Registration

1. College dropout
    2. Late registration
    3. Graduation
    4. Mbdtf
    5. 808s

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

1. College Dropout
    2. College Dropout
    3. College Dropout
    4. College Dropout
    5. 808's

Has anybody heard the rumour the Jay ghostwrote most of Kanye's stuff? I'm not sure which albums exactly but that's what a mate of mine told me.

I hope it's not true. :'(

Nailed it.

He didn't even have a choice when putting out his lead single from the album, "Hip Hop Police".

He has left his label now and he's going it alone. He has an album in the pipeline. Whether or not it comes out is another thing. He's notoriously slow when it comes to releasing an album. He could drop a mixtape or EP every other week but take three years with an album.

Sorry for going OT with all this Chamillionaire talk.

I hope Pusha T gets featured a lot on the album. Really enjoyed his parts on MBDTF.

pusha t is class, not mad about his latest album but we all know how good he is and the potential he has. He needs a hook up with pharell again a lot more imo, bring that old clipse/neptune sound back.

The Clipse were ****ing great

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

kingsenny wrote: »
    Has anybody heard the rumour the Jay ghostwrote most of Kanye's stuff? I'm not sure which albums exactly but that's what a mate of mine told me.

I hope it's not true. :'(

Not true there is a picture on the internet with kanye holding a bic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Jay's lyrics are generally sh!te, so I doubt that he's writing Kanye's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Prodigious wrote: »
    Jay's lyrics are generally sh!te, so I doubt that he's writing Kanye's too.

Don't feed the troll guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

album_yeezus_mini.jpg

So this is the official album art

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Liking the sound of this album so far. He's pulling off a different sound again, the Manson sample works well.. Hopefully a European tour will come out of this..

Hopefully a European tour will come out of this..

I don't think he'll ever be able to pull off a tour that eclipses the Watch the Throne tour. If he does, he deserves to be recognised as one of the greatest live performers of all time. I would love to be proven wrong.

Liking the sound of this album so far. He's pulling off a different sound again, the Manson sample works well.. Hopefully a European tour will come out of this..

I like the message he's getting across in New Slaves it's definitely my favourite out of the two but the Black Skinhead beat is crazy and the CD version will sound a lot better I think. Doubt a tour will come though he's too busy for atleast another year I'd say :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Cant wait. any released singles yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

No singles were released yet, but a few snippets/performances of songs are floating around, these are from last night;

Black Skinhead

Onsite

New Slaves

Send it Up

I Am A God

Sounds like Yeezus has lost his mind :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

The majority of these "rappers" out now need to lay off the yokes, what's with all this over the top techno pop they're bringing out, what happened to sampling soul instead of daft punk?

TheBza wrote: »
    The majority of these "rappers" out now need to lay off the yokes, what's with all this over the top techno pop they're bringing out, what happened to sampling soul instead of daft punk?

It's called progression.

''want my old sh*t, buy my old albums''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Progression, your having a laugh mate, i like new stuff as well but none of this dance garbage, do you honestly think them new kanye west videos are progression, thats not even rap/hip hop mate, he's lost the plot completely.

There's alternative hip hop, then there's that, and I'm not quite sure what that is or if I like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I wouldn't call it dance, a heavy baseline doesn't make it dance. I think it sounds fresh.

Advertisement