Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kanye West Album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

If there's anything on it similar to that white dress track he did with RZA then I'll listen to it, that was the best thing he's released since before the watch the throne album. Always been a kanye fan was pretty much raised on him since I was given the college dropout for my birthday when I was about 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

not a huge kanye fan but always interested in what he releases, his production is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Is this going to be his next solo album after MBDTF or is it going to be akin to Cruel Summer?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Solo album, the next GOOD Music thing is supposed to be Cruel Winter.

It will be interesting to hear his direction with this one.

Sweet. I rate all of his solo albums, bar 808s, as some of the best albums out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

808's was probably his weakest work, but I still think it holds its own fairly well. It sounded like nothing else at the time, and there's no denying its influence, for better or worse on modern RnB and hip-hop. Drake, Kid Cudi, Frank Ocean, The Weeknd etc.

If I had to rank his albums, it'd be:

1. Late Registration
    2. Graduation
    3. College Dropout
    4. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
    5. 808s and Heartbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Really not fussed on this, especially after seeing the names of those featuring.

Cruel Summer was rubbish, most of WTT the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

I hated 808's for ages and gradually it grew and grew on me. Can't quite put my finger on it but it's really good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

LUPE wrote: »
    Really not fussed on this, especially after seeing the names of those featuring.

Cruel Summer was rubbish, most of WTT the same.

A lot of Cruel Summer was rubbish, but if we get anything close to New God Flow, Mercy, I Don't Like and Clique ill be happy. All 4 rate with the best he's ever done.

Though Chief Keef was the worst thing on I Don't Like, so it's hard to see how he's justifying his continued participation.

• Advertisement

imo mbdtf is over rated as f*ck, overhyped because he decided to pick up the mic and rap again after 808's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

The leak of MBDTF was great. I wasn't so mad on the final version where he bulked out all the tracks to 6 or 7 minutes. Some tracks like Runaway got a bit overcooked in end.

Kanye has never been a rapper I like that much (and a terrible singer). I think WTT was the most listenable thing he did in years because he's only doing half the rapping. Hopefully with this one he takes even more of a Dr. Dre, album sampler sort of approach instead of doing all the rapping.

Young Chop is class. I like the sound of most of the collaborators he's using on the production end of things. It'll definitely be good. Just perhaps not 10/10 good, which none of the other ones were either really. Journalists tend to get a bit overtaken by the hype with his releases for some reason.

The leak of MBDTF was great. I wasn't so mad on the final version where he bulked out all the tracks to 6 or 7 minutes. Some tracks like Runaway got a bit overcooked in end.

Kanye has never been a rapper I like that much (and a terrible singer). I think WTT was the most listenable thing he did in years because he's only doing half the rapping. Hopefully with this one he takes even more of a Dr. Dre, album sampler sort of approach instead of doing all the rapping.

Young Chop is class. I like the sound of most of the collaborators he's using on the production end of things. It'll definitely be good. Just perhaps not 10/10 good, which none of the other ones were either really. Journalists tend to get a bit overtaken by the hype with his releases for some reason.

He's not a terrible singer in fact he's fairly decent, listen to anything he sang on college dropout or late registration, before he started using auto tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Alright I won't declare him a terrible singer more that he's not to my taste. His voice gets on my nerves. I really enjoy French Montana's offkey goon crooning. I listen to Future all the time and really like his stuff. But half singing a hook and singing over the course of an entire album like 808's is a very different thing. I didn't think he had the musical chops to really pull that off very well.

Alright I won't declare him a terrible singer more that he's not to my taste. His voice gets on my nerves. I really enjoy French Montana's offkey goon crooning. I listen to Future all the time and really like his stuff. But half singing a hook and singing over the course of an entire album like 808's is a very different thing. I didn't think he had the musical chops to really pull that off very well.

Agree, 808s was not my cup of tea at all, his singing is grand to listen to in moderation but he overdid it on 808s, it got tiresome for me

that song is fairly good i must say.

That was class. He's the best sampler in rap for me.

Yeezy is back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Kanye is not a natural singer by any stretch of the imagination.

I saw a clip of him on SNL recently performing the new material. He's such an angry individual. The performance was quite good though, from what I saw.

Funny I think the opposite. I much prefer when he himself takes centre stage rather than having loads of guest rappers. I can't think of many rappers as outspoken and honest as him, for better or worse, and as a result, his albums end up being very personal and confessional. That get's a little watered down when there's a lot of guest appearances.

• Advertisement

Looks like it's officallly going to be called "Yeezus".

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/yeezus/id650229924

Here's the cover art

kanye-yeezus1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

That is some dark stuff there, don't know what to make of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

MD1990 wrote: »

****ing based. So hyped!!!! AOTY

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Cole's album will be better

When are the cdq of these singles being released ?

I don't know which will be better but cole really has to bring it this time, cole world was forgettable. I like all his stuff leading up to the album though , he's released some great music in recent months.

In fairness to kanye you know he's going to come with something good. He only has one dud to his name with 808's and even though I taught mbdtf was over rated its still none the less a good album.

One thing I do not want too see from kanye here really though is the likes of niki and rick Ross featuring heavily again like mbdtf, he doesn't need them they bring his music down a lot.

When are the cdq of these singles being released ?

I don't know which will be better but cole really has to bring it this time, cole world was forgettable. I like all his stuff leading up to the album though , he's released some great music in recent months.

In fairness to kanye you know he's going to come with something good. He only has one dud to his name with 808's and even though I taught mbdtf was over rated its still none the less a good album.

One thing I do not want too see from kanye here really though is the likes of niki and rick Ross featuring heavily again like mbdtf, he doesn't need them they bring his music down a lot.

That's just hating for hating sake. If he gets Nicki to drop another verse like she did on Monster it would be a great addition. She didn't bring the song down, she took it to another level - and outshone both Ye and Jay-Z.

Even Ross' few bars added something to the song, which was the standout track for many.

Devil in a New Dress was one of the weaker tracks but I don't think that was Ross' fault. The song was just kinda weak.

How anybody can find French Montana likeable just baffles me.

I honestly can't understand how he has a career.

floggg wrote: »
    That's just hating for hating sake. If he gets Nicki to drop another verse like she did on Monster it would be a great addition. She didn't bring the song down, she took it to another level - and outshone both Ye and Jay-Z.

Even Ross' few bars added something to the song, which was the standout track for many.

Devil in a New Dress was one of the weaker tracks but I don't think that was Ross' fault. The song was just kinda weak.

No it's not she just happens to be one of the worst things that's ever happened to hip hop and that verse on monster was terrible it had everything I hate about her on it , the shouting , accent changing etc.

We could of done without ross grunting all over the album too like a pig in heat. Infact there's so many pointless features on it that it nearly ruins the album, I think some of the instrumentals really saved it and were the highlight of it because for the best part the lryics lack the depth a kanye album usually has bar 808s ofcourse.

If the track new slaves is anything to go by hopefully he'll be back on form and not constantly feeling sorry for himself with all the whining and moaning he portrays through his music in recent years or maybe that's just his larger than life ego which btw really needs to stop.

He's going around wearing skirts , constantly spazzing out like a tit etc he's hilarious but at the same time an outright d*ckhead and he wonders why the media hound him, he doesn't make things easy for himself that's for sure.

• Advertisement

No it's not she just happens to be one of the worst things that's ever happened to hip hop and that verse on monster was terrible it had everything I hate about her on it , the shouting , accent changing etc.

We could of done without ross grunting all over the album too like a pig in heat. Infact there's so many pointless features on it that it nearly ruins the album, I think some of the instrumentals really saved it and were the highlight of it because for the best part the lryics lack the depth a kanye album usually has bar 808s ofcourse.

If the track new slaves is anything to go by hopefully he'll be back on form and not constantly feeling sorry for himself with all the whining and moaning he portrays through his music in recent years or maybe that's just his larger than life ego which btw really needs to stop.

He's going around wearing skirts , constantly spazzing out like a tit etc he's hilarious but at the same time an outright d*ckhead and he wonders why the media hound him, he doesn't make things easy for himself that's for sure.

First time I've ever heard her Monster verse called anything less than great.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

Advertisement