Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andrew Mcguinness - Thoughts

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Politician does politician stuff.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Anyone else remember Kilkenny's answer to TK Maxx back in the day?

Top Brands at low low prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

John McGuinness is no different to any politician although he tries to give the impression that he has integrity. He talks the talk but when it comes to walking the walk, it's a different story. Blatant nepotism was, and is, part and parcel of politics in this country. We get what we deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭silverbirch66

Does'nt surprise me,tbh.
    I wont be voting for him in the next election or future ones(I have done in the past)
    As for the heir apparent,I will wait until he comes out with a statement over this before I make my mind up.Im not liking what Im seeing though...

But from what I've read,It has all the hallmarks of a type of behaviour that people of this country have very, very little time for.
    I would have thought the younger wave of buckos coming up would be more savvy to this auld craic and how it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Cant say I've lost respect for the guy because i never had any to start with. I doubt he's even embarrassed by this, neck like a jockeys bol1x....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Great quality jeans altogether. Bargain prices. Aftershave was good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I dunno, they just remind me of the mafia. They play the game very well indeed while looking after number 1 all the time i.e the McGuinness family.

Threadhead wrote: »
    Great quality jeans altogether. Bargain prices. Aftershave was good too.

Want a pair of Nike Air? Look no further!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Sky King wrote: »
    Anyone else remember Kilkenny's answer to TK Maxx back in the day?

Top Brands at low low prices!

What was this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

ayatollah wrote: »

I'm surprised the newspaper were able to find any photo of him on file actually, he is the keyser soze of Kilkenny. Never knew what he looked like until I read that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Want a pair of Nike Air? Look no further!

The shoes were not bad at all so they were :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

John McGuinness is no different to any politician although he tries to give the impression that he has integrity. He talks the talk but when it comes to walking the walk, it's a different story. Blatant nepotism was, and is, part and parcel of politics in this country. We get what we deserve.

This is why I can't stand them anymore. John talks a good game down here and tries to act like a "Man on the People" but its very obvious he's not. Its no surprise his son is the exact same way.

I said to my parents that the McGuinness were they see themselves as the Irish equivalent of the Kennedy family [where they every Political position as their destiny and God given right] Looks I wasn't far off from that assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

It had to happen, didn't it? The self-appointed scourge of waste in the public service finally gets his wings clipped. Turns out the fearless defender of free enterprise was doing quite well from state funds, he and his son.

I feel slightly sorry for poor Andrew, who seems a decent (if not overly bright) sort and does work hard.

Haven't seen the local rags yet, but I've no doubt John will be screaming blue murder and claiming he's being stitched up because of his fearlessness, independence, courage etc. Presumably his media puppet Jim Rhatigan, if he's not too busy writing about dogs, will have a long column singing his praises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I'm shocked by this piece of news :rolleyes:

Mankbag wrote: »
    Presumably his media puppet Jim Rhatigan, if he's not too busy writing about dogs, will have a long column singing his praises.

Dogs that drink pints, specifically.

Back years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

'The McGuiness Household Always Wins'

The follow up to the award winning 'The House Always Wins' by the award winning politician and champion of the people John McGuiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

I've had dealings with Andrew in the past via my capacity as a committee member on a residents association (not in the same estate that Andrew lives). On quite a few occasions Andrew was asked to attend meetings as a representative of his father's office, to give advice and/or assistance on a particular issue. Our meetings were in the evening, as committee members had day jobs, and that was the only time we could meet.

Would attendance at these types of meetings entitle him to claim overtime expenses? Simply asking as I'm not overly familiar with the political system and trying to understand when there is an entitlement to claim overtime. If I look at my own job (in the private sector), if I work outside the hours of 9-5.30, then I'm entitled to claim for overtime pay.

Dogs that drink pints, specifically.

Back years ago.

V good!

'The McGuiness Household Always Wins'

The follow up to the award winning 'The House Always Wins' by the award winning politician and champion of the people John McGuiness.

Also v good! :)

• Advertisement

Nice to see the local media have finally picked up on this 9 days after it broke.

Still no comment from the man who claimed for 977 hours and 25 weeks overtime whilst claiming €13,000 in travel expenses despite not having a desk in Dublin.

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/local/mcguinness-under-pressure-to-comment-on-expenses-1-5114883

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Would like to hope it knocks him down a peg. But it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kk23

if its public money surely the citizens have a right to know where the money goes, its not a secret is it? notice a few very active members on this forum suspiciously quiet on this one?

I note Andrew didn't even have the gumption to brazen it out in the Kilkenny People. Naturally his father's media puppet didn't mention a word about it all in the Reporter.

Mankbag wrote: »
    I note Andrew didn't even have the gumption to brazen it out in the Kilkenny People. Naturally his father's media puppet didn't mention a word about it all in the Reporter.

If Andrew spent all his overtime with a dog who drank pints, there'd be wall to wall coverage in the Reporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nerosaxo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Did you guys see today's Independant? Now John is rushing to little Andrew's aid claiming Andrew was using his desk and this nothing but petty revenge for his book. What a Narcissistic idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Did you guys see today's Independant? Now John is rushing to little Andrew's aid claiming Andrew was using his desk and this nothing but petty revenge for his book. What a Narcissistic idiot.

Apples falling from trees springs to mind with these two....

Surely paying somebody overtime is not a very cost-effective way of covering a maternity leave?

• Advertisement

In most other European countries, these clowns would have been out on their arses years ago but the game being played right now is 'Wait for it to blow over' and that is exactly what's going to happen. It always does.

Advertisement