Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spending too much on petrol?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

CiniO wrote: »
    Maybe pipe leading to the tank is cracked, so half the petrol lands underneath the car.

If you're loosing that volume of fuel that quickly, how far do you reckon that car would actually get?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

If you're loosing that volume of fuel that quickly, how far do you reckon that car would actually get?

If the hole is above the tank level - I'd say quite far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭maidhc

Is the reserve not part of the actual capacity of the tank?

My last car had a 55L tank, and when the reserve light came on it would take about 47L to fill it.

Seems the same in my present car. It has a 60L tank, and about 54L from the low fuel warning light.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

maidhc wrote: »
    Is the reserve not part of the actual capacity of the tank?

My last car had a 55L tank, and when the reserve light came on it would take about 47L to fill it.

Seems the same in my present car. It has a 60L tank, and about 54L from the low fuel warning light.

Yes it's designed that way to prevent fuel starvation on hills and when cornering tight

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

OP should be spending no more than €96 filling his car at 1.60 per litre.

Definitely some sort of problem if he is spending 25% more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Joe 90

Well i get 190 miles from a full tank which is 55 X 1.55 a litre is €85 quid of fuel with a mpg readout of 23mpg.

But you need a starting point to get an accurate reading/i don't generally care what mpg im getting :p
    Funny enough, I just did a run to West Sussex and back in the Wife's Ka. Started full and refilled after. 180 miles and 16 litres. Traffic was though very free flowing so conditions were pretty good so I would reckon that to be better than average.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

lisademps wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how much they spend on petrol per week?

31 euro.

Does that help?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

lisademps wrote: »
    It takes about E120 to fill the tank

your tank is 55L so if fully dry it- at maximum you can pay 85 euro for petrol. 1L = 1.548euro

120 -85 = 35 euro ????

Is that 120 inclusive of 2 packs of cigarettes, newspaper, coke, bottle of milk, bread and box of chocolates?

Advertisement