Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Bord Gais U21Hurling Championship.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

How many of the lads exactly were "falling around Coppers", and care to name them? :rolleyes:

There were 6 or 7 of them, I was there with a friend from Clonlara and he pointed them out to me, obviously none of them were from the Senior panel and whats the roll eyes for??? I don't knoe there names as I wouldn't really be that familar with what they look like pff the field and as I said they wouldnt be the bette known more established lads that and of course I had a few taken myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

There were 6 or 7 of them, I was there with a friend from Clonlara and he pointed them out to me, obviously none of them were from the Senior panel and whats the roll eyes for??? I don't knoe there names as I wouldn't really be that familar with what they look like pff the field and as I said they wouldnt be the bette known more established lads that and of course I had a few taken myself!

Thats a load of bollox, none of them boys were drinking with an all-ireland final next week and in all places in coppers where everyone would see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

There were 6 or 7 of them, I was there with a friend from Clonlara and he pointed them out to me, obviously none of them were from the Senior panel and whats the roll eyes for??? I don't knoe there names as I wouldn't really be that familar with what they look like pff the field and as I said they wouldnt be the bette known more established lads th
    at and of course I had a few taken myself!

Methinks your Friend was telling porkies! :D

niallo27 wrote: »
    Thats a load of bollox, none of them boys were drinking with an all-ireland final next week and in all places in coppers where everyone would see them.
    angelfire9 wrote: »
    Methinks your Friend was telling porkies! :D

Not sure why he would and I have no reason to make it up, nor does he, not bothered either way tbh just relaying what was pointed out to me by a Clare man, tbh Im sure they could get the bus straight from Coppers and still win this AI comfortably enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

That's called slander and the likes of which should not be allowed on a public forum.

• Advertisement

Warper wrote: »
    That's called slander and the likes of which should not be allowed on a public forum.

Not really sure which is funnier your lack of understanding of the Law, the english language or reality!

Here's a tip though Slander is the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

I've highlighted the relevant parts for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Not really sure which is funnier your lack of understanding of the Law, the english language or reality!

Here's a tip though Slander is the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

I've highlighted the relevant parts for you ;)

Ok, it's libellous then if you are going to be pedantic
    Your "friend" was probably trying to be the "big man" "oh look how many senior hurlers I know" :rolleyes:
    I sincerely doubt they were there to be honest if they had been in coppers the media would be telling us with picture evidence :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Your "friend" was probably trying to be the "big man" "oh look how many senior hurlers I know" :rolleyes:
    I sincerely doubt they were there to be honest if they had been in coppers the media would be telling us with picture evidence :D

To be honest, I dunno that this is worth debating because none of us know (even Premierstone as he's not sure what they look like) whether they were there or not.

Dunno how much tongue in cheek the last bit was, but I seriously doubt anyone in the media outside of maybe the Clare Champion knows what the Clare u21s who don't play Senior look like.

To be honest, I dunno that this is worth debating because none of us know (even Premierstone as he's not sure what they look like) whether they were there or not.

Dunno how much tongue in cheek the last bit was, but I seriously doubt anyone in the media outside of maybe the Clare Champion knows what the Clare u21s who don't play Senior look like.

They dont but you can sure someone who know the managment team was in coppers sunday night, word would travel fast if they were, maybe they had a few sneaky pints somewhere but coppers after an all-ireland final. Come on.

Not been pedantic either because it's not libelous, I didn't name a single player. And lol yeah the media trawl aroud Coppers hopeing to catch a glimpse of the Clare U21 team.

Look I don't give two *****s whether it was them or not it was a throw away comment made to back up the theory that there may very well be, and understandably, a certain complacency within the Clare camp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

niallo27 wrote: »
    They dont but you can sure someone who know the managment team was in coppers sunday night, word would travel fast if they were, maybe they had a few sneaky pints somewhere but coppers after an all-ireland final. Come on.

Yeah but if they're not involved in the Senior setup. The Senior team weren't in Coppers, if they were drinking it was a few pints in a private room in Croker.

And yeah I'd agree on that people probably wou,d hear about if there were u21s in Coppers. Anyway, it's irrelevant. But to be honest I'm not sure this game is worth discussing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

we avoid coppers like the plague 'round here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Hoping that we give a good account of ourselves and that the semi final victory was not our final. '89 final was a massive dissapoointment given the talent on that senior team. Hopefully these u21's will have learnt those lessons.

I think the venue was just a bit of mind games from Ryan. Although when Dinny Chaill tried it against Cork a few years ago the seniors got whalloped.

The panel have got to an AI a lot sooner than expected and it has shown the complete disregard in Antrim for the county teams and hurling in general. The stories that have came out about scheduling and player availibility for the U21 have made the county board once again a laughing stock.

I would love to see us beat Clare, but realisitically I can't see that happening and would be happy with a close game. However they are still young lads and they will either rise to the challenge and make a game of it. Or they will read the press and believe they are mere mortals against the God's.

There is serious talent and development put into that Clare team and Antrim needs everyone at 100% to amke a game of it. Clare are the justifibly the favourites and has some fine players in the senior panel too for this game.

A heavy defeat could set us back, but a performance would be an inspiration to others that we can compete at this level and that there is nothing magical in the air across the border.

Still it is a shame that the main conversation is how heavy will Antrim be defeated.

Heart says we are capable of winning, head says its not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Still it is a shame that the main conversation is how heavy will Antrim be defeated.
    agree completely
    Heart says we are capable of winning, head says its not possible.
    I'm sure that was the thinking going into the Wexford game too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

In fairness under 21 can be a really unpredictable age group and an awful Galway side kept it very respectable v Clare until Clare got a goal early in second half

Antrim were very impressive v Wexford, think it was no. 10 (really relying on memory here) was putting points over for fun out the field. Played with real intensity and passion and were well able to hurl too.

Saying that, I think Clare have way too much class, probably 3 all stars in the team, and if they do build up an early lead it could get ugly. I hope not, would love a competitive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I'm sure that was the thinking going into the Wexford game too...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Incredible finish to the Kerry - Kildare game, Kerry scored 4 points in the last minute of injury time to win by 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

good Kerry goal to win, but Kildare should have got a penalty just before when the Kerry goalie caught the Kildare forward in possession full whack on the head.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Boots234 wrote: »
    Incredible finish to the Kerry - Kildare game, Kerry scored 4 points in the last minute of injury time to win by 2!

Cruel on the Kildare lads led almost from start to finish and took their goals well. Kerry were definately the better hurlers overall though, good goal to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Always great to win an All Ireland that win makes up for the Christy Ring Final loss earlier in the year.They kept going and never gave up.

Heartbreak for the Kildare lads,they played very well and caused our lads all sort of problems.

That was Kerry's first game of the year and now they are All Ireland B Champions,next year the GAA need to re vamp this competition so all teams get games.

• Advertisement

That full back will be lucky to last till half time, two booking was a bit harsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Game over already

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Not even close to being competitive.

Unfortunate for Antrim, but they are in vastly different places.

Took about 12 steps, but a goal. for Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The Clare lads are starved,no let up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Jeez, steps ref

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

How did Wexford lose to Antrim? They must have been partying for a month after beating Kilkenny in the Leinster final.

Class 2nd goal for Clare.

Scary thing is they dont even look like letting up. I dont teven think antrim are that bad, wexford are lucky they were beaten in semi final i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jeez, steps ref

I don't think refs even bother counting steps anymore.

Advertisement