Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burn Notice Season 7 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 10-05-2013 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭

The final season kicks off the 6th of June with Jack Coleman, Stephen Martines and Adrian Pasdar to guest star

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Really looking forward to it. A bit happysad about it ending, but I am glad they're going out on a high.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Really looking forward to it. A bit happysad about it ending, but I am glad they're going out on a high.

Two Heroes Alum?.....ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In the show's 100th episode flashes-back to Michael and Fiona' sfirst meeting
    in Ireland. The landmark hour will shed new light on Michael and Fiona's
    roller-coaster relationship.

Ugh. Can't stand her dodgy Irish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What an absolutely fantastic opener. Really great setup for the last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Final season? Gawd damn it, I really like this show :'( Roll on August for Strike Back.

On a side note, I wonder will they make any more movies, like the one with Sam Axe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yay for BN!

boo for final season but in fairness, 7 seasons was pushing the storylines a bit!

Cracking opener. The opening scenes were pretty solid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Really enjoyed it too.

I wonder how long it'll be until they meet up again. Liking the Heroes cameos, Adrian Pasdar is a bit of a weak actor though..

This season is definitely set up to be intense and fantastic. Thought the blatant rip-off of Fight Club at the beginning was a bit :rolleyes: though.

Jeffrey Donovan *cannot* do a good Irish accent. :)

Good episode though.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Jeffrey Donovan *cannot* do a good Irish accent. :)

Good episode though.

Yeah it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Both himself and Anwar are awful at the Irish accent.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yeah it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Both himself and Anwar are awful at the Irish accent.
    I was half expecting a "Top o' the mornin'". The dimlit Dublin pub and everyone in woollen jumpers and caps made it seem like a time warp from the '70s and not Dublin as it was.

Borderline insulting flash back aside, I enjoyed this. I liked how it was Michael protecting everyone else this episode as his assignment and I thought his friend's reactions to him were spot on. Good villain turn too.

Wondering where HRG (as he'll always be to me) will drag Michael next week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Easily the most convincing 'Ireland' since Heroes season 2! :D

Wow: I can forgive the accents - I've heard their ropey attempts before & the bad guy's fake French accent was equally atrocious - but the smokey timewarp pub and gingers in aran sweaters was just dreadful, borderline insulting as said already. You'd like to think in this day & age the stereotypes wouldn't be jumped on so quickly; pretty embarrassing all round. The rain was accurate at least.

Good episode otherwise mind you; I can't help wonder if Fiona's new squeeze will turn out to be an agent. All that talk by Westen in episode 1 about a proper cover identity requiring total commitment feels like it could be prescient. And sure there's always at least one 'surprise' betrayal in this show...

Another cracker - Burn Notice is definitely going out on a high. That warehouse scene was fantastic.

I have a horrible feeling that there might be a shark jump moment with Burke's boss, but we'll see....

Another cracker - Burn Notice is definitely going out on a high. That warehouse scene was fantastic.

I have a horrible feeling that there might be a shark jump moment with Burke's boss, but we'll see....
    Totally agree.

Cracking good episode03.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Same here. I'm thinking:
    Michael's father
    . Just a wild theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

ixoy wrote: »
    Same here. I'm thinking:
    Michael's father
    . Just a wild theory.

I would really hope the writers wouldn't do that! But I can see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I've only seen S07E01 so haven't heard the accents yet, but I remember Anwar's accent from the pilot (they found a plot device to get rid of it pretty sharpish) and Donovan's from the ep where someone from Oirland came to Miami for help and Michael had to slip back into his cover story. To call them grim would be somewhat of an understatement. US TV and movies in general just don't do Irish accents well, as a rule.

Cracking season opener, looking forward to the series going out on a high. I have a question though -
    I thought Michael had been vindicated at the end of season 6 - but now it looks like he was coerced into it - confused.com

Another great episode with a very surprising exit. Who is Sonia?

I never really rated Jeffrey Donovan as a great actor (his range is from smug on one end of the scale to shouty shouty on the other end). He did a great job in the latest episode though. Good to see John Pyper-Ferguson too.

I thought it was a great way to introduce
    Michael's father
    but probably makes it more likely that he will be the wizard behind the curtain at the end of the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Only just saw episode 7, thought it was great way to give glimpses to his past and his demons and an insight into why he is how he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Brilliant Ep 7! I'd say the season finale is going to be the best one yet. I've also heard some rumours of spinoff films.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

All the fun has gone out of this show. I watched all 6 seasons in the space of a couple week and almost gave up on it at the start. Glad I kept with it tho. But I'm really upset that the comedic aspect of the show has been completely eviscerated.

pajopearl wrote: »
    All the fun has gone out of this show. I watched all 6 seasons in the space of a couple week and almost gave up on it at the start. Glad I kept with it tho. But I'm really upset that the comedic aspect of the show has been completely eviscerated.

In fairness, it's the final series... They have chosen how they intend on ending it and they're going that way. I'd be surprised if there is no 'comedy' before the end. It was never a 'funny' show.

In fairness, it's the final series... They have chosen how they intend on ending it and they're going that way. I'd be surprised if there is no 'comedy' before the end. It was never a 'funny' show.

No it was never a comedy or intended to be as such, but there were plenty of laughs which was one of the reasons I like the show so much. Just a bit disappointed that its not there any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

pajopearl wrote: »

I think this is the shows way of finishing up the series and ending on a serious note.

The way this season is going, I can see
    one of the core group getting killed, and Michael sacrificing himself as some sort of redemption

Dark (but compelling) episode last night.... They've cranked it up a notch this season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I dunno about the comedy being abandoned, there's still plenty of snarky humour in the banter between the main cast; I guess considering all that they've been through, it would ring false if there wasn't some fallout from events. Particularly after the death of Nate, it would be hard to see how relationships wouldn't change - I'd have thought less of the show if everyone still had a spring in their step as if nothing had happened.

It's a very strong final season though, and I'm enjoying it immensely. My initial guess about Carlos was that he'd be a spy all along, so I was happy to be proven wrong that nope, he really is just a normal guy who fell for Fi; the show was too fond of the double-cross, glad it wasn't wheeled out again.

If I had one complaint, it's that the whole Fi-Michael dynamic is dead on its feet at this stage, and wish it was all wrapped up one way or the other. 7 seasons is a long time to stretch a will they/won't they plotline

I can't see how they will at this stage. After all that Fiona has been through and the very strong objections that she has, as well as the fact that she seems to think that Michael is getting too deep into the cover. There's no way they can ever get it on again. If the producers manage to pull that off in the last 3 episodes and do it convincingly, I'll doff my hat to them.

• Advertisement

ep11
    yay Simon!

O.o

Some episode.

Advertisement