Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last night I experienced the most frightening thing in my whole life.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

You should record it and see if your inflicting the marks on your neck yourself or if there really is something weird in your house ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Been getting sleep paralysis on and off for a few years now but about a month ago it happened again and I had an out of body experience during it. It started off with the usual feeling of waking up not being able to move or call out, the evil presence in the room, the sense of being held down, which has all happened before but this time I felt myself actually floating out of my body and looking down at myself. I can't say how long it lasted but it felt like quite a while. When I woke up I was fairly freaked. Definitely the most intense experience I've ever had

Jaysus, I'd be expecting to see the light at any time if that happened to me!

I've never had to experience this, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

My paralysis experiences were pretty benign, thankfully. Just a moderate sense of awareness and a completely inability to move. What bothered me the most was I felt like I was... I dunno, drowning? Like, I wasn't consciously in control of my breathing, so I felt a bit helpless. But as I said, I'm only mildy ware of my surroundings and the fact that I can't move, I am definitely not fully conscious of what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

if your coming of the back of a seriuos amount of sessioning then sleep paralysis can be bad. i remember not being able to move in bed and seeing shadows around my room and thinking i hear noises etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Chareth Cutestory

I've experienced sleep paralysis a couple of times but the worst was a few weeks back. I fell asleep on my left side and it felt like someone had gotten into the bed beside me and I could feel them against my back and then their hands at my throat trying to strangle me. I couldn't see a face, more like a shadow. I asked them if they were dead and they nodded, so I asked if I knew them, they nodded again. Then I asked if they were related to me and they nodded a third time (I felt I was being choked and kicked in the back all this time) I just woke up after a while, it was such a relief! I have no idea what the hell this was all about. Either it was just a completely random case of sleep paralysis or I have seriously wronged a relative in the past without realising and now they've come back from the dead to haunt me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

I've experienced sleep paralysis a couple of times but the worst was a few weeks back. I fell asleep on my left side and it felt like someone had gotten into the bed beside me and I could feel them against my back and then their hands at my throat trying to strangle me. I couldn't see a face, more like a shadow. I asked them if they were dead and they nodded, so I asked if I knew them, they nodded again. Then I asked if they were related to me and they nodded a third time (I felt I was being choked and kicked in the back all this time) I just woke up after a while, it was such a relief! I have no idea what the hell this was all about. Either it was just a completely random case of sleep paralysis or I have seriously wronged a relative in the past without realising and now they've come back from the dead to haunt me.

Wow . Scary .. I think you experienced sleep paralysis here . The fact that you asked this "entity" questions like are you dead and do you know them is key to the whole experience . I think we all associate this shadow figure and choking with something evil we have upset or that is lurking in our rooms somewhere . On reading this thread back over and reading numerous other sleep paralysis forums, it's clear to see that everyone who experiences sleep paralysis has had the same or in some way similar experiences . ie . Shadow figures, choking, paralysis and the feeling of something evil being in the room

I'll cancel the exorcism so. Bit disappointed if I'm honest :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

I'll cancel the exorcism so. Bit disappointed if I'm honest :P

I'd rather you have the experience than me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

I've had similar experiences when I was in my 20's. The paralysis, the shadow at the door etc etc but the most frightening thing I had was that throughout the dreaming stage I would realize i was asleep and wake myself up, unfortunately this was actually a part of the dream so I would see a demon coming towards me and think it was actually real, but then I'd realize that I hadn't actually woken up and force myself awake but the same thing would happen again' I wouldn't be awake and still see the demon, when I did wake for real I never knew if I was really awake and would be terrified that I'd see the demon again.
    I also would be someone who says that I don't ever remember my dreams so and these episodes were extremely vivid and I can still now many years later remember every little detail.

Never. Sleeping. Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Ive had SP happen thousands of times and its still kinda frightening. I often get it 10 times some night and i always try to see how long i can last before i try to gain back control of my body.

• Advertisement

10 times in one night :eek:?? my nerves would be completely shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

I believe in ghosts so I don't know. However I do believe in S.P too like others have already posted about.

The scariest dream ever happened to me last year(shortly after a heavy session). I was asleep and woke up in my dream, there was a coffin under my bed and a dead relative of mine sprung to life and sat at the bottom of my bed talking to me...then they left. After a short period a different coffin appeared this time it was no relative

A Blue demon jumped out of it on to my bed. I was frozen stiff with fear. It pinned me down on the bed. Roaring and screaming in to my face while its head was pinning my forehead..pushing harder and harder it actually felt lile a truck was parked on my head it was so painful and scary. Dreams like that are too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

10 times in one night :eek:?? my nerves would be completely shot!

Sometimes once it happens the first time, if i do not get out of bed, turn on the light etc when i put my head back down on the pillow it will just happen again and again.

It always starts with a buzzing sound that pulsates, when this sound get to a certain level i cannot move. This is the scary part. I try to see how long i can last but its not a really nice experience. Havent got it in a while though to be honest, maybe drinking/late night bring them on? I'm not to sure really.

The first time i thought it was aliens and they were in the room with me lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Slightly unrelated but, haven't slept yet and I can hear someone walking up and down downstairs...oh god.
    Just a thump...then a thump.

Strange stuff, seems to have subsided now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

It's interesting to see the varying levels of sleep paralysis being discussed here. Some people can speak during it, some can pull blankets up over their heads etc. I literally cannot move any part of my body or speak whenever it happens to me. I just have to wait for the weight to be lifted off of me.

Advertisement